Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I haven't picked up the game myself yet, as I'm trying to be SOMEWHAT responsible with my funds until I can find another job, but I did download the demo. I'm not great at it, but it's basically alongside Slay the Spire in my selection of games that I can play when I just want to take my mind off things. I certainly never would have tried the game without this thread bringing it up, and "Desktop Dungeons" being in the title is what drew me in here in the first place.

I also shared it with two non-goon friends. One of which said he didn't think it was his kind of game, until I discord streamed some of it, at which point he downloaded the demo, played one run and immediately purchased the base version. Aside from some of the graphical choices on given levels giving him a headache due to all the contrasting patterns, he said he "hates that he loves this game", because it makes him wonder how many games he's passed up over the years that he was certain he wouldn't like and was wrong about.

So you definitely made at least a couple extra sales they wouldn't have normally gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

12 rats tied together posted:

Thanks for deciding to make the thread, this game owns.

One problem I have with it is that I'd like to play fullscreen, but the fullscreen game seems to repel my mouse and any keyboard input except for alt+f4. Anyone else having trouble here or is it just me?

I play in fullscreen and have not had that issue, though I will note that it doesn't seem to properly lock my mouse sometimes (I have multiple monitors), so maybe it's not capturing yours correctly?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

This game is fascinating but this is a hell of a year to come out with a pricing scheme like that. I can't quite excuse throwing $20 at it now and I'm sure as poo poo not gonna pay triple that down the line.

As an aside, the thought of a company like Activision testing the waters with this sort of pricing model makes my blood run cold.

It's already basically the CoD pricing model except with no cosmetic microtransactions on top of it. They sell you a new one every year, rain or shine, for full price (more if you want the beta!), then battle passes, etc.

It would actually somehow be less predatory for Activision to sell you their poo poo piecemeal and give you the first bunch of content free (like the demo does here).