Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Game looks cool and all, but that pricing strategy is honestly insane. They're aiming at a final price, just for the base game, to be the equivalent of idk, XCOM2?

Right now it's in a good place, just keep the price at this level instead of sabotaging yourselves for no reason. No one is going to buy it full price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Wanton Spoon posted:

I brought up the pricing in the OP because it's dramatic enough that I thought people deserved a warning up front about it, but outside of that it's not a discussion I want dragging down what I think is a quality game, so I'm going to try not to comment on it too much myself. I'm willing to wait and see just how much the pricing impacts the success of the game.

Ok, I don't want to clog up the thread, but since the devs are apparently reading this, I'll post once more and shut up about it.

I want people who make weird niche games to succeed and make more weird niche games. This is just a terrible move. Play time is irrelevant, there are many indie games that people play for thousands of hours, many of which have both better production values and lower price. Also, going by the stats released on the Steam page, only 8% of players broke 100hrs playtime. Now, this might be because the game is new, but it's always going to be only a fraction of players. 1000s of hours is going to be an even smaller fraction. Barely anyone plays ANY game that long. And with this being a very specific niche, you're already narrowing your pool of players quite a bit.

Your starting price is a good final price for a game like this. Maybe if you get a decent following, you could bump it up by like $5. I mean, you do you, but I'm just saying - it's not gonna work.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Is there seriously no way to turn the music off?