Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
This game seems really interesting -- just bought the normal copy and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Definitely not a looker, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Yeah game's definitely rough on the eyes -- but the gameplay is pretty captivating. It took about 30 minutes for everything to click, and after that I was really impressed with the design of the game.

Looks awful though :sparkles:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah when I realized the gimmick behind Dojo I could feel my brain melting

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
It's crazy that there's literally no English press for this game at all -- we're already on the first page for Google.

I was looking around for advice and guides for this game and there literally just aren't any.

Sounds like we should make a Discord?

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
A big part of the confusion regarding using your Nexus Medals is for some reason you can click doors that require keys to open them, but you seem to have to use the keyboard to open a nexus medal block. I was very confused about it as well since I've been using the mouse for everything.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
I've tried the Mini tower three times now, each time coming up short barely to kill the Dreamer.

Time to try three more times.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
:getin:

I'm still awful at this game but at least I got the Bronze!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah I'd assume it's either supposed to be Buccaneer or Dungeoneer. The translation's definitely quite rough. The different towers should probably have more descriptive names instead of just being named letters.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib

King of Bleh posted:

It is baffling how a game with a translation and UI this incomprehensible and ugly could be so engrossing. I wish there were more tightly-crafted towers like the mini tower though, I was finding tower D pretty sloggy at 10 floors, the remark that there are 30+ floor towers sounds exhausting.

Question: some of the towers have the tier 3 "crown" checkpoint listed, but when you get to the top it only seems to have the tier 2 "star" checkpoint. Is there some secret to unlocking extra floors on these towers, or is there some other mechanic I'm misunderstanding?

I'm not sure, but maybe it's gated in the Nexus? I've seen in a lot of these towers there are enemies hiding a staircase in the Nexus.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh dear. This is going to consume me, isn't it?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

Fallen Rib
The game is really good -- it's actually shocking it hadn't already started blowing up. I wouldn't be surprised if a site like Polygon did an article on it sooner rather than later.