Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I just got my first gold, also my first pure nexus gold, on tactical trip mini at about 20 hours. I see myself losing a solid couple months to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Phigs posted:

Was this with or without badges? (just asking for when I try for it myself)

I guess it's possible to get a plat with no stones or medals on that stage, but I used I think 4 stones when I got my gold and I was proud of that.

Oenis posted:

Most towers I beat with the help of tutorials, but I dunno, that didn't feel very satisfying. How do I get good on my own at this game without following step by step guides? I never know if I should focus on attack, defense, or go with both. How do I best spend my metacurrency? I know that you should aim to pick up feathers as early as possible. There's always a ton of variables to tweak and this seems like a puzzle with a million pieces so I never know where and how to start.

I watched tutorial videos, sometimes a couple times, but I didn't play along. Then I went and tried the stage after doing my best to do what the video did, but since stages are long enough you aren't going to remember nearly everything, you'll have to start figuring it out for yourself as well. It helped me anyway. Also making some notes can help, even if it's just counting how many keys/mattocks you'll need so you know how many to take on level up and can do it earlier when levels give fewer stats.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 2, 2022

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I was trying to follow the conversation in the discord for awhile and finally concluded they talk in wizard speak, the language of mages. But if you ask them a question in english they will respond in kind.