Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Lead By Example posted:

This game seems really interesting -- just bought the normal copy and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Definitely not a looker, though
Yeah. The enemy sprites look good, IMO, but the rest of the graphics are XP-freeware-esque and none of it is put together in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I don't even know where to start with the Dojo tower. Adding limited moves to everything else going on makes my brain explode, especially given that said moves are defined by weird-rear end pathing rules.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Oh man, being able to save memos will cut down on busywork so much. It'll be nice to be able to record e.g. what I did with a key on the key tile itself

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 23, 2020

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

If you're enjoying the game, be sure to leave a review! A few more positive reviews will change the "All Reviews" summary from blank to "Positive" and give people a better impression of the game.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

tactical tower mini is dramatically easier with even a few sunstones, since you can invest them all into DEF and save a bunch of early HP

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Got my first gold! On a Pure Nexus run, even!

The initial DEF boost from Sunstones really helped, which makes me wonder why using them doesn't disqualify you from a Pure Nexus run. It's funny that there's no mechanism to reward you for a "true" zero-carry-in run, or even record the score separately from a no-medal run that does use Sunstones.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Wanton Spoon posted:

12. Pop Tactical Lord - 49F :negative:
:staredog:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Arzaac posted:

It probably hasn't happened yet because it's pretty obscure. It doesn't really have any marketing going on and it's barely translated, so I can see why nobody's heard of it. Hell, I really don't know how Wanton Spoon found out about it.

Speaking of, congratulations, Spoon! You basically single handedly created the English community for Tactical Nexus, that's gotta feel pretty good.
The translation is pretty solid, honestly. We laugh at the errors, but it's never left me confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I honestly really like the music