Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LAWatson
Jul 10, 2022
You should be able to get the highest Sunstone count (+3) from Mystery by making your first major goal to accrue 32000% EXP modifier as well as the level-up equipment (Azure of the End and Prism Shield) before killing a single enemy. Most of the movement-based Orbs spent in the tower will be spent towards that effect. Some additional hints for accomplishing that below.

Badges and Eternal Potions: Suck up as few of the badges as possible, and don't bother using Orbs to circumvent them. Because of the Agent's damage, you aren't really able to skip any of the Eternal Potions, so just take as much HP as you reasonably can into those.

Lake Crossing: You will cross it 3 times in the run, using Swap orbs. Making a bridge to the other side with Paves or the Blizzard Orb is tempting, but ultimately too expensive.

4F: 7 Pave Orbs are used in this room. Every enemy on the screen is swapped out of the way at some point for one reason or another.

Blizzard Orb: Use it on 1F. Traversal in this floor is extremely costly otherwise.

I followed these guide points in my +3 Sunstone run, so I can verify that they work. I hope this helps.

LAWatson fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAWatson
Jul 10, 2022
Team-Nexus is back at it again with another new tower, called Tactical Beach! It's been hyped up for what feels like months now as the most interesting and fun tower they have designed, and from the information they've been dripfeeding on Twitter over the past few weeks, it definitely seems that way. Among the new mechanics introduced are Max HP, currency and item shopping (including NPCs, which is a first), and an actual inventory system, as well as apparently a handful of other lategame features that haven't been formally introduced yet. For those out of the loop, this tower is accessible to anyone with the full game, as it's supposed to be listed under Chapter EX-2, which would normally be a (free) DLC chapter. We're getting it early since there's been a content drought for a while. There are many new concepts which this tower introduces that sound very interesting. I'll definitely have my hands full for a while playing it. Happy Nexusing.

https://twitter.com/TeamNexus12/status/1548735724802830337