Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i've been playing tactical nexus for days and what the gently caress is this

what's a map where a small number of medals/sunstones make a huge difference? i'm familiar with the first 3 maps, but haven't beat any of the others yet.

Mescal fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

why are they called continental

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal posted:

why are they called continental

I think it's an odd and old-sounding use sic: continental potion that scales according to your character's level, or as it could be known, constitution.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Wanton Spoon posted:

Yeah, part of the reason I want more people to know about this game is because I want to see the developers follow through on completing their vision for the game, but the other reason I want more people to know about it is because I'd also like to see what other developers could do with these same mechanics.

Has any third party made a level for the game?

quote:

However, this game system is essentially "a game that anyone can easily make.
We hope that our game will be better received than TacticalNexus, and that there will be better games to follow it.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thuryl posted:

Soulestination is another game with basically the same concept, except it gets weirder.

quote:

This game contains a demo (3 h+) with the content of the first chapter of the game. If you are not sure whether the game is worth buying, it is recommended to try the demo first.

quote:

Buy Soulestination
$2.99

An Actual Princess posted:

there's someone in the tacnex discord (LAWatson, who might post in this thread sometimes, I forget) who's making a game with extremely similar systems called Leapfrog Prince

Interesting. So they could piggyback on the devs' system but they made their own. What I was hoping was that somebody made an easy pack, for handicap sunstones -- I don't usually play puzzle games. I've been playing this one for a while but I never got to the point where it felt like it clicked and I could go by feel. I'm a "solo player," I don't really find it fun to follow somebody's video. Maybe if there were somebody with charisma.