Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
He used the murder weapon to crack his boiled egg! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Always a delight to see such a wonderful character actor!

Peter Falk is pretty good, too.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Wow at the cast list for Troubled Waters. Even my very face-blind partner was all "Hey, I know that actor!"

The lounge band riffing on forever is also very true to my childhood memories of cheap 1970s holiday camp entertainment.

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 4, 2023

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Patrick McGoohan and Leslie Nielsen? Then Ricardo Montalban?

Season 5 is delivering the guest star goods.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Patrick McGoohan directing you say? Well we reached Last Salute of the Commodore last night and only as the title card flashed did I recall it's famed reputation.

Surely my personal bias towards outliers and strange ducks is enough to embrace this episode?

T'isnt.

Woof, what a stinker. McGoohan's love of indulgent character quirks suit the context of Portmeirion's heightened theatrical surreality, but they don't fit not here. And definitely not at this episode and scene length. Then Columbo's personality is so off-kilter that's he's frankly annoying.

Not one to revisit.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Don't go out on a low note when you can go out high in a row boat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1sF2cZQgY