Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Columbo goes to England is so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
One of the most enjoyable things of watching Columbo for the first time and only being in my early 30s is seeing so many actors I know solely from other shows and films.

Like Hey it's Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Donald Pleasence) showing up with Columbo!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just watched that Tuesday. Took me a second when he said that and was so Columbo

It's refreshing watching these and have the first 10-20 minutes be solely with the victim and perpetrator. And not immediately introducing Columbo or just a quick 2 minutes. Really helps build the episodes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I am just about to start that episode!!!

Why is season 6 only 3 episodes? That is insanely short

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Just finished up watching this now, the killer and Columbo having a drink as she thinks she's about to walk away in triumph and he knows he's got her dead to rights :discourse:

It is never not statisfying waiting for the exact moment when they realize he has them.
Especially how much of a pest he is to as the epsidoe elapse and by the end they want him to go away so badly.

I just finished season 7 and I still love it every time. 3 more season left and all the specials.
I can't wait to go back and rewatch them all.

And thanks to whoever responded to my question earlier about season 6 being so short. Never knew any of that. And since it sparked some talk about movies vs tv, how many actors/actresses at the time when were on the show were already known as big stars?
I'm just too young to that knowledge and time refrence to know. I know who they are because of other works they do but not where that fits in with their appearance.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 26, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

I actually really like Columbo Goes To The Guillotine. It's really blatant that they just put James Randi in a Columbo episode, but it's a lot of fun if you enjoy the theatre of magic as well as the show.

I just finished that episode a little while ago. I love episodes when psychics etc get found out to be frauds. And seeing all the psuedo science stuff they were trying to research is a real 'god people were stupid' moment (Which I'm sure in decades people will look at our stuff the same way)

On to the next episode and Columbo's introduction is him playing with model train set :allears:
And look it's The Plague from Hackers

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished 'Columbo Cries Wolf' S9E2 and I think it might be the first episode I really dislike solely for the twist in it.

The twist is
The wife mysteriously alive after all that time! Her and her husband came up with the idea so she could sell the magazine at a higher price.
And then the husband does actually kill her in the end and tries to make it look like she disappeared again

It's over an hour of the episode I feel I want back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

lukevictorious posted:

Just mainlined season one after meaning to watch this show for years, I don't like how the first episode of season two had a TV style preview of the episode, ruining the cold open.

Cold open is there through season 6 it looks like