Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I dunno, I'd give the honor to Commissioner Halperin in "A Friend in Deed." He's rich, he's corrupt, he's unremorseful, and he takes others down with him.

There's no way a network could make an episode like that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Got to Flight of the Commodore on my marathon sesh.

Oof. That was a rough one.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Yeah, his schtick isn't fake, but he knows what he's doing with it. Folks who think it's an act are being fooled by him just as hard as the criminals.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the commodore episode is really bad, and the london one

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

even the very best shows have some misses tho, for being literally 50 years old columbo really is standing the test of time

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

definitely think the commodore episode was the worst mainly just for the weird drunk daughter character being horrifyingly written.

not sure what my fave is, i think i need to rewatch

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

OldSenileGuy posted:

My favorite one of these is an episode - I can’t remember which one, where Columbo shows up to the crime scene with a terrible cold. When the murderer greets him, Columbo declines to shake his hand - “I’ve got an awful cold and I don’t want you to get sick, sir.”

The guy then proceeds to show Columbo around, complete with several rounds of “Well Lieutenant, it’s obvious to me that the murderer must have come in through this window” & “I think you’ll find it quite clear that the murderer must have exited through this door,” etc etc etc

Columbo then smiles, thanks the man for showing him around, and gladly extends his hand to shake the man’s hand.

king poo poo

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

part of that is that it bookends a pretty solid season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i'd buy it