Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Annoyingly, at least in the UK, 'Last Salute To The Commadore' would get shown A LOT. It's a weird outlier of an episode that feels semi-improvised and has Falk blatantly boozed up the entire time, but I don't think anyone could call it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Tonight's episode on MeTV is a great one.

Troubled Waters

Columbo is a on cruise when a murder takes place so he helps the captain solve the crime. .

Directed by Ben Gazzara.
Robert Vaughn is the perp
Dean Stockwell as the patsy for the murder
Patrick Macnee and Bernard Fox in supporting roles

Falk is tanked for most of this one, and given that Gazzara is the Director he probably was as well. I like that in true 70s fashion there's a bunch of shots where they've just set up the camera and let Falk mingle among real people.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah that's the weird thing about this which is that it relates to the extras specifically rather than the whole set. I guess I don't follow how rights would be an issue in that case.

I'm probably not going to bother picking up the set now. I'm happy to see we got the new transfers but I also don't hate the current versions we have so it all seems a bit pointless now.