Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

some incredible special features in that set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I've been watching 1 or 2 of these a week so I suppose I'll contribute a non-shitpost

Double Shock- this one was a lot of fun, it features Martin Landau playing twins and Julie Newmar bringing some Catwoman energy. there's a whole scene of Columbo being a guest on Martin Landau's cooking show and they're clearly just riffing and having a great old time, I'm guessing Falk and Landau were pretty good friends because they have some excellent chemistry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmdT1uKI3w

Lovely But Lethal- a young Martin Sheen gets murdered with a microscope and then Vincent loving Price is in it and he is NOT the murderer! how are you going to have Vincent Price on Columbo and not have him be the murderer??

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Bread Zeppelin posted:

Columbo is a great detective, but I think quite a few of his cases could be thrown out due to police misconduct. In Double Exposure he gains illegal access to the killer's office to take photos to subliminally lead the killer back to the murder weapon hiding place. There were a few other cases that I can't remember exactly but the trickery he pulled seemed illegal by current standards. I wonder how some of this resonated during the OJ trial where the LAPD had a case but botched it by goosing the evidence too much.

in Any Old Port in a Storm he steals an extremely rare wine bottle from the killer's wine cellar and tricks him into drinking it at a restaurant so he'll admit it got ruined when he turned off the temperature control in the cellar

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Columbo shows an actual aptitude for learning about wine in that episode, you gotta respect it

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

just FYI, Pluto TV has a channel called Universal Crime that's just showing Columbo 24/7, in order! they're airing S3E3 Candidate for a Crime at the moment. it's got commercials but I like that Pluto at least puts them in where they would have been in the original airings. pretty cool!