Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

I take it back, this is a bad show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think in the game there is never a shot where you can see her human ears so I'm guessing its just a misconception

LIFE IS CAT

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 29, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's true

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty sure she's supposed to have 2 sets of ears.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/exceed97/status/1195337765543505921

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
If you watch the opening it is easy to notice that all of the animal ear people have human ears as well.

This topic still going really speaks to how much everyone cares about the nature of catgirls.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 29, 2020

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I love that Yuuki and Kokkoro presumably have some grand quest they're supposed to be going on, but Pecorine immediately co-opted their guild and made it about food instead and everyone just accepts it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I mean, Peco's got some sort of quest she's supposed to be doing as well... whatever led to her leaving home with the family sword etc.

(The party's first gacha-pull was a SSS that's balanced for lategame stuff, and just carries them through the early missions. Her personal mission is at level 70 in the third major zone, so she's just hanging out and eatimg for a while.)

((I have no idea about the actual game, but I'm assuming evreyone with a unique design, like random collapsed demon girl, is a cameo from it))

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat this episode had a lot of konosuba energies

Not even 6 minutes into it and ive had a few good belly laughs

e-I know the director is the konosuba one and that EP5 might as well be entirely directed by him but if its not then episodes director is a master in comedic timing in their own right

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 4, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yuuki and Kokkoro make Aqua and Kazuma look like goal-oriented taskmasters and it's brilliant how little they seem to be interested in doing...whatever they were summoned to do in the first place.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They really doubled down on the Yuuki abuse this week. Poor guy suddenly woke up in Misery

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
and yet they just left kyaru in the end

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

She'll be 30% better tomorrow, it's fine

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I loved that gag. I wish they would have completely excised her from the ending to make it funnier

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I honestly would never have expected Yuuki to be a stand out part of the show, given he is the mobile game player character stand in, but here we are with the worlds most precious boy who must be protected.

Like in any other series all of the girls doting on the MC or falling for him is like "Okay yeah extreme wish fulfillment from the author here" but with Yuuki it makes perfect sense because just look at how adorable he is constantly. Anyone who sees him for an extended period of time will instantly realize how much they wanna protect his smile.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 5, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This show is like chicken soup for the soul.
Funny chicken soup.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks for your sacrifice, Karyl-chan.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Black Mage Knight posted:

I honestly would never have expected Yuuki to be a stand out part of the show, given he is the mobile game player character stand in, but here we are with the worlds most precious boy who must be protected.

Like in any other series all of the girls doting on the MC or falling for him is like "Okay yeah extreme wish fulfillment from the author here" but with Yuuki it makes perfect sense because just look at how adorable he is constantly. Anyone who sees him for an extended period of time will instantly realize how much they wanna protect his smile.

I've been playing the mobile game for 2 years now and I was happy and worried about how the anime would go. This has so far exceeded all my hopes and dreams for the anime. The MC being the way he is goes along with the game narrative while also making him best boi that must be protected.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The show improved a lot when straight man kyaru showed up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've been playing the mobile game for 2 years now and I was happy and worried about how the anime would go. This has so far exceeded all my hopes and dreams for the anime. The MC being the way he is goes along with the game narrative while also making him best boi that must be protected.

So is this an adaptation of the game story?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ahh, there's a plot line all of a sudden! And more of my favorite guest character!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Of course they pick Kana Hanazawa to voice Aoi.

Thats two shows this season were she voices an...unwell...girl with communication issues.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Aoi and Don't Worry My Friend 1 join the Gourmet Guild.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yuuki's reaction face to Aoi was really good

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Of course they pick Kana Hanazawa to voice Aoi.

Thats two shows this season were she voices an...unwell...girl with communication issues.

Three if you count Shinako Morinome from Yesterday wo Utatte. She has less bad communication skills but has really unhealthy hangups about the past.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/CianuroArts/status/1256589362072035328?s=19

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If course Carl is very smart.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is this an adaptation of the game story?

To my knowledge the anime story takes place before the first chapter of the game. Characters are in the game and so far have been presented accurately. I really want an English version of the game to come out because there's so much vocals and dialogue for every character and chapter. But so far there hasn't been any US company that's taken the bite to bring it state side.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah this appears to be a prequel that MIGHT overlap into the early game. The guild already is quite prominent at the start of the game (and the group of 3 kids from episode 2 or 3 are actually a guild in the game as well, implying this takes place at least a few years before the game's story.)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope all that means there's never any actual plot and it's just these idiots doing idiot things together idiotically for however many episodes we get.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the anime has a handful of scenes that correspond to early game stuff but it more or less retells things after the three main girls meet up because in the game they don't form the guild immediately, there's a little over a month that's just conveniently waved off as "time the MC spent running into all of the gacha characters (while living with Kokkoro at Saren(blond elf)'s orphanage)". the game is pretty unique about how it sets up the timeline of its events. its a web of character episodes, guild episodes, and main story.

so basically for the adaptation they just rewire some things so that it's reasonable for an anime. it also has the director's flavor of comedy setups added in. basically, all of the mob-character dudes you've seen so far are anime original

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad we're going to get more of the llama character. I tried to look at the game's wiki to see what the hell the plot was supposed to be and it was incomprehensible except for the fact I guess everyone is a person playing a VR video game except for Rima, who is literally a llama. A llama playing a VR video game.

So yeah, that's why Rima is my favorite minor character.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 12, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The faces in this show continue to be a treasure each episode. Kyaru's being the most national treasure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Revolver Bunker posted:

The faces in this show continue to be a treasure each episode. Kyaru's being the most national treasure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that magic and superpowers are two separate and distinct things in this world.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love that magic and superpowers are two separate and distinct things in this world.

[some joke about D&D psionics]

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/chronomeister/status/1262475142892007424?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CARL!