Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Season 2 has been announced on the 2.5 year anniversary livestream for the game today. No date yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tamba posted:

Season 2 has been announced on the 2.5 year anniversary livestream for the game today. No date yet

Yay more Carl

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yabai desu ne!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Not one I expected but welcome news.

Next year is going to have a lot of killer second seasons.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Return Of Cat

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

More Koroster

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm still hoping it gets a global release of some sort. There's so much story in this game that a lot of the characters back story and personalty get lost in the text. I hope we get some of the game events animated.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cygames is fairly good about getting their games out in English and if not I suspect will get more of the characters in Granblue at some point to join Karl, Pecorine and Koroster

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I'm playing the game, and the amount of text is huge though. Many hours of VN story (all voice acted) + long anime scenes for the main story. And then each character and each guild has multiple story segments as well. And events also have story attached.
Cygames has the money to translate this, but I can definitely see it taking a while.

e: if you are thinking about playing the japanese version, now is a very good time to start because of all the free stuff they'll be giving away for the anniversary starting this weekend.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 14, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is there more Carl yet?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sure

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Eft1kzFUwAcX-3i.mp4x

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tamba posted:

I'm playing the game, and the amount of text is huge though. Many hours of VN story (all voice acted) + long anime scenes for the main story. And then each character and each guild has multiple story segments as well. And events also have story attached.
Cygames has the money to translate this, but I can definitely see it taking a while.

e: if you are thinking about playing the japanese version, now is a very good time to start because of all the free stuff they'll be giving away for the anniversary starting this weekend.

I started playing this game when it launched in Japan and I agree that its very text heavy but in a good way. There's so much story and character development tucked away in the main quest, side quests, character stories, and event quests that you really get the feeling that Landsol is a full city with everyone having daily lives and interactions. I've set scenes to autoplay and some last 15 to 20 minutes of spoken dialogue; its insane. Sadly my comprehension of Japanese is minor so I can only read a small amount of text and understand about half of the spoken dialogue. If this comes out in English it will be the only mobile game that I run two accounts for because I really want to know the story.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

I started playing this game when it launched in Japan and I agree that its very text heavy but in a good way. There's so much story and character development tucked away in the main quest, side quests, character stories, and event quests that you really get the feeling that Landsol is a full city with everyone having daily lives and interactions. I've set scenes to autoplay and some last 15 to 20 minutes of spoken dialogue; its insane.

There's a Youtube playlist with all the story content that's 320 hours long now

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tamba posted:

There's a Youtube playlist with all the story content that's 320 hours long now

Thanks, I added the playlist to watch later. Sadly the auto translate doesn't do a good job on translating. But there being 320 hours of dialogue is reaching JRPG levels of text to translate.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i would say 320 hours is rather, far beyond the average JRPG haha.

the story is slowly being worked through here and many of the events are TL'd here. so for about half a year you've actually been able to play the game while understanding each event (TLs tend to get finished while they're still running)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thanks, I added the playlist to watch later. Sadly the auto translate doesn't do a good job on translating. But there being 320 hours of dialogue is reaching JRPG levels of text to translate.

320 hours of dialogue is straight-up JRPG franchise territory. Like I don't think there's been that much translated dialogue in all of the Trails series and that's like seven games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People recently found that Crunchyroll is gonna bring the mobage over, likely next spring (says "expected March 1st", but that could be placeholder, esp since this isn't formally announced yet).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/princess-connect-re-dive/id1526896640

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Officially announced now, here's the website
https://www.crunchyroll.com/games/princessconnectredive/index.html

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I wonder if there is any chance of the PC client coming out. I don't know how well this will run on emulator, but I know the DMM version is stable. And lol at them putting the Miyuki Sawashiro character with a "coming soon" tag. If by soon they mean she's the latest Princess Fest character on JP and won't be playable for 2 years if they stick to the same schedule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is the gameplay standard mobile RPG stuff? Are they generous with the freebies and gacha?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well I suppose I'll be bored of Fire Emblem Heroes by March...

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is the gameplay standard mobile RPG stuff? Are they generous with the freebies and gacha?

Gameplay barely exists (you can burn through all of the daily stuff in 15 minutes), but there's hundreds of hours of fully voiced story.
They're super generous with free stuff.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you'll pick up all the permanent chars as a matter of time and you can get a handful of the limited chars per year. rates themselves are not good but you can make several sparks gbf-style per year (making 300 rolls in one banner so that you can pick the char)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Game's out and running. Thanks to the two gacha pulls' worth of free gems/orbs/jewels or whatever I leanred that Rima is actually named Lima. Which makes sense.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Can I main Kokoro?

Asking the questions that really matter here.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
in JP i've fielded as many as 3 kokkoro at once while maintaining a team that is viable. priconne's not like one of those min-maxing mobage where you pour exclusive stat-ups into a fav though, so you're not really going to be 'main'-ing a character

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Can I main Kokoro?

Asking the questions that really matter here.

Space Flower posted:

in JP i've fielded as many as 3 kokkoro at once while maintaining a team that is viable. priconne's not like one of those min-maxing mobage where you pour exclusive stat-ups into a fav though, so you're not really going to be 'main'-ing a character

Good news
https://twitter.com/priconne_redive/status/1355440882363756544

They've announced a fifth Kokkoro, so you can make a full team soon

Tamba fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 30, 2021

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wisely they made her the kokkoro that does damage while the others support

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Will I be able to field 5 Lima's eventually?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Space Flower posted:

wisely they made her the kokkoro that does damage while the others support

https://twitter.com/tatsuki_chan/status/1355727143620149250

e:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 31, 2021

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's about time for 6* summer kokkoro, they didnt even click her once there

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is this the kind of game I can play as a cheapskate?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oops! All Kokkoros

Agronox posted:

That's the impression I've gotten so far, pulled once after the required pull just to try it out. Haven't felt the need to pull again since I got Lima with it, which means I have no desire to buy the premium currency since it's just for the gacha.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Agronox posted:

I've been playing this game for a week, and I've somehow managed to unlock 37 characters without spending a dime. Seems like that isn't the usual experience, though. The gacha gods were good to me and gave me some 3* characters that worked well together in the arena. Once I started gaining ranks in the arena, the gems came rolling in.

Also, I'm very confused by this talk of 6* characters. All I've seen is characters that you can pull at 3*, with the long term possibility of grinding them up to 5* status.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been playing this game for a week, and I've somehow managed to unlock 37 characters without spending a dime. Seems like that isn't the usual experience, though. The gacha gods were good to me and gave me some 3* characters that worked well together in the arena. Once I started gaining ranks in the arena, the gems came rolling in.

Also, I'm very confused by this talk of 6* characters. All I've seen is characters that you can pull at 3*, with the long term possibility of grinding them up to 5* status.

It's something that'll come along in a couple of years in global. 6* usually involves massive buffs to the UB and skills that completely change the meta.

As far as free-to-play, the game is fairly generous about free currency and has a spark system. If you save up 45000 gems and spend it all on one banner you can straight up pick any featured characters that you did not pull. Also when 6* comes out a lot of the best units will be the free units you start the game with. And you can grind out a lot of the non-limited characters without ever spending a gem.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Resurrecting this thread to talk about the anime.
It's kind of weird how the anime is trying to turn figuring out "the truth" into this great mystery, when the game explains what's going on as early as chapter 1.
And many players knew it before even starting the game, because even if they did not play the previous game (or it wouldn't have been killed off that quickly), they probably were aware that it existed and what it was about.

I also did not like how episode 3 skipped the best part about the Yunichanz Nakayoshi Bu, the nonstop banter between those 3, and only focused on Yuni instead.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I just started season 2 and it looks like the animation budget got upgraded.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Episode 3 had some weird cuts during the actions scenes at the end.

But Aoi came back and that's all that matters cause she's the best. Even when's murdering people to save herself from embarrassment.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tamba posted:

I also did not like how episode 3 skipped the best part about the Yunichanz Nakayoshi Bu, the nonstop banter between those 3, and only focused on Yuni instead.

well she IS the best part but also easy solution: we give them another ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

A big fan of Yuni's deadpan delivery.