Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been playing this game for a week, and I've somehow managed to unlock 37 characters without spending a dime. Seems like that isn't the usual experience, though. The gacha gods were good to me and gave me some 3* characters that worked well together in the arena. Once I started gaining ranks in the arena, the gems came rolling in.

Also, I'm very confused by this talk of 6* characters. All I've seen is characters that you can pull at 3*, with the long term possibility of grinding them up to 5* status.

It's something that'll come along in a couple of years in global. 6* usually involves massive buffs to the UB and skills that completely change the meta.

As far as free-to-play, the game is fairly generous about free currency and has a spark system. If you save up 45000 gems and spend it all on one banner you can straight up pick any featured characters that you did not pull. Also when 6* comes out a lot of the best units will be the free units you start the game with. And you can grind out a lot of the non-limited characters without ever spending a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU