Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So just started episode 1 and I feel like it is gonna be revealed that Yuuki is actually a dog in a human body going off how he acts and doesn't speak in full sentences.

EDIT: After episode 3 I feel like a good way to sum this show up is that it is like Konosuba is the characters were all earnest, well intentioned, hyper competent idiots. Except for Yuuki, who is more just the team large dumb dog. He is there for moral support and to be the mascot of them more than anything else. Like the most mean member of the group is Kyarl, and she is just trying to hide how much she likes them because cat.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
The thing with Yuuki in this for me is that him being so earnest and trying so hard but still always instantly getting stomped or falling on his face makes it more entertaining than if he was a blowhard who was constantly getting their comeuppance. Just the hero of legend is a very sweet boy who is trying his hardest but really can only accomplish getting hit and buffing those around him.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Probably an animation error in this case. I know that in the Granblue anime that sometimes erune characters would have the double ears. Unless we do go the Kemono Friends route of having like a scientific document explaining how the characters can have two sets of ears and why their tails sometimes can clip through their clothing.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Four ears means even better hearing.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So after watching the episode, man, Cygames money continues to impress for the animation budget of this. Also Yuuki is still a surprising part of the show for me in that he is in a constant state of trying his best and doesn't feel like a stand in MC. He has no brains and no muscles but a whole lot of care and is adorable for it.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
If you watch the opening it is easy to notice that all of the animal ear people have human ears as well.

This topic still going really speaks to how much everyone cares about the nature of catgirls.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 29, 2020

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I honestly would never have expected Yuuki to be a stand out part of the show, given he is the mobile game player character stand in, but here we are with the worlds most precious boy who must be protected.

Like in any other series all of the girls doting on the MC or falling for him is like "Okay yeah extreme wish fulfillment from the author here" but with Yuuki it makes perfect sense because just look at how adorable he is constantly. Anyone who sees him for an extended period of time will instantly realize how much they wanna protect his smile.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Yuuki is too tasty to every monster and even normal animals. In the montage of quests they have done at the beginning even the horse is trying to eat him.

I have been wondering if (potential show spoilers) they are gonna keep the whole VRMMO thing in the show and use it as some sort of twist. Like, from what I know about the mobile game it kinda is just kept as more of an on the side thing but not really ever a secret, so the show just not at all mentioning it ever makes me curious if it will even be a thing

EDIT: Is there a twitter yet that is just a compilation of the different faces Karyl makes each episode?

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 25, 2020