Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Tamba posted:

It's looking like the anime is some kind of failed timeline / loop (and likely not the first one), that will eventually lead into the story of the game.

They've already hit a good amount of plot points from the game already. There's just a good chunk they're choosing to NOT be obvious about in the anime (Bits about Ameth, links to the "real world", the identities of the other members of the Seven Crowns and their stories). I do like how they're telling the same story though in a somewhat different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Nate RFB posted:

Good enough ending. In hindsight it kind of makes sense I suppose that all of the game aspects as a story reveal would be downplayed as this adaption just wasn't really interested in using it as a central pillar at any point so it can instead more or less just stand on its own, but it does leave a few character arcs and story beats as sort of just unexplored/glossed over.

Yeah, the fact they only did a wink at the connections in the "real world" made it pretty obvious they were trying to cover the same story in their own way.

The one bit I wish would get explained (either in game or animated): why does Kokkoro seem to act much older than she actually IS?