Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

ほう? 向かってくるのか..

How else am I supposed to kick yo rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh yeah DBD if any newbies come along feel free to knock of me off in favor of them

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gently caress newbies I paid good bells for this poo poo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
4 spots left!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Hi I don't think I've ever played a nightless game and I haven't played Animal Crossing, either, but I'm dead in all my games so I'm here to be confused and suck at things.

I'd like to be Aurora, please, and I can be booted for a newbie if need be.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

spacing in vienna posted:

Hi I don't think I've ever played a nightless game and I haven't played Animal Crossing, either, but I'm dead in all my games so I'm here to be confused and suck at things.

I'd like to be Aurora, please, and I can be booted for a newbie if need be.

Great!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I will try and hunt up a new player this evening

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The person I wanted to recruit doesn't have PMs :negative:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

The person I wanted to recruit doesn't have PMs :negative:

Can't you just make them have PMs or something?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I'd like to play using Beau.

I just changed my username but it was Angelwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloner of the Elks posted:

I'd like to play using Beau.

I just changed my username but it was Angelwolf

I’ll never forget this betrayal...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You could have been inducted into the wolf pack, but you chose instead to be its prey.

DBD if it looks like Cloner of Elks is gonna get a lovely mason partner, I'm happy to be masons with them. If they get a good one I'll stick with Opop.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Sandwolf posted:

I’ll never forget this betrayal...

I've had that handle for 14 years, it was time to go... Time to go

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Grandicap posted:

You could have been inducted into the wolf pack, but you chose instead to be its prey.

DBD if it looks like Cloner of Elks is gonna get a lovely mason partner, I'm happy to be masons with them. If they get a good one I'll stick with Opop.

If my mason is my level of terribleness or better then I'd be happy!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

What so then I get the lovely one? Jeez louise game hasn't even started and we're stabbing each other in the back

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

What so then I get the lovely one? Jeez louise game hasn't even started and we're stabbing each other in the back

You know what you did. And once you find what is was, out can you tell me so I can use it against you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
2 spots left!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oops meant this for the other thread~

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 23, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
One last bump. Will give it until tomorrow night and if I can't get it full I'll just run it at another time or something.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadbeat Dad posted:

One last bump. Will give it until tomorrow night and if I can't get it full I'll just run it at another time or something.

I would just wait a couple days for Shine and HP mafia to finish and this will fill up in a second, I reckon

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

I would just wait a couple days for Shine and HP mafia to finish and this will fill up in a second, I reckon

That's true. I know a few big games want to open pretty soon though with Ecco's new one as well, but yeah I'll give it throughout the weekend or something! Just don't want to keep people ~waiting~ too long.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks podima for suggesting this in the shine thread!

i'd like to join and i am certain siv would be delighted to be my mason

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, obviously, I'll be Biskit

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I'd be down to join this, and since I'm lazy I'll be Admiral lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

@DBD I can see team 2's channel in discord, but I cannot see message history.

Also, if you need to clear a spot for a newbie I volunteer as tribute. Let's grow our community.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

again you can drop me in favor of newbies as well

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I'm excited for this!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

thanks podima for suggesting this in the shine thread!

i'd like to join and i am certain siv would be delighted to be my mason

STEAAAAAAAK YAYYYYYYY

This is me confirming our mason pairing!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Grandicap posted:

@DBD I can see team 2's channel in discord, but I cannot see message history.

Also, if you need to clear a spot for a newbie I volunteer as tribute. Let's grow our community.

Didn't officially move everybody to correct channels yet.

Game is officially full!

Inf, Hal, Quid please join the Discord so we have everybody set.

https://discordapp.com/invite/vvFMjJm

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 25, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will be sending PMs out in the next hour (after I have dinner in a bit), and I anticipate the game officially starting around 8 or 9 PM EST.

I'll remind the three people who haven't joined the discord yet (Inf, Quid, Hal) with PMs to join the Discord via PMs. If they aren't in at the start of the game just talk through PMs until then if you're a mason partner -- but Discord IS required for this game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

It was another beautiful day on the Animal Crossing island. The bugs were out (much to Blathers' chagrin), the sun was shining, and everybody was outside either working out, wandering around town chatting with the villager folk, or fishing along the shores.

Until a voice rang out over the intercom... it sounded like K.K. Slider, or the disfigured mess that was left of him.

"get... out... while you c... c... can"

*haunting guitar strum*

Well, poo poo. It appears that all the Villagers aren't actually Villagers. And Tom Nook's building now has a large sign on it that says, in what looks like blood, "We're taking back what's ours!". The only way to save this island now is for the Villagers to band together and figure out who the Operators are, or they'll all find themselves forced onto a plane to another island... or worse.

It is now Day 1. Any vote prior to a ##challenge is just performative and will not officially count. Challenges may occur at any time (but make sure you're absolutely sure before you challenging another team! There is only one challenge per day, so use it wisely.) The challenge must be targeted at another mason team and once the challenge is set, the only people allowed to be voted will be the team that challenged and the team being challenged. Ex: (##challenge DBD and Podima). There will be no set deadlines and it will only be enforced if days last past 3 real life days.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 26, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this challenging mechanic is extremely different. i rly wonder how it'll even work in practice.

(also, cue someone predictably challenging my group immediately because i dared to post first)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

this challenging mechanic is extremely different. i rly wonder how it'll even work in practice.

(also, cue someone predictably challenging my group immediately because i dared to post first)

If you have archives look at the old games lists and search for temple. This is a somewhat common (and fun) set up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

If you have archives look at the old games lists and search for temple. This is a somewhat common (and fun) set up

Sad you didn't just challenge steak instead

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

The key thing to remember about it is that once the challenge is in place, it's not just about working to vote the scummiest of the group available. You need to remember that everyone else is temporarily safe.

When I was scum in Hidden Temple, it let us bus the hell out of each other while the others were safe and out of the firing range. So be careful. Make sure if someone's casting suspicion on someone else that they get it actually tested once in a while.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm also going to have to research -- I've never played one of these, either. Our team will be full of enthusiasm and failure!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

The key thing to remember about it is that once the challenge is in place, it's not just about working to vote the scummiest of the group available. You need to remember that everyone else is temporarily safe.

When I was scum in Hidden Temple, it let us bus the hell out of each other while the others were safe and out of the firing range. So be careful. Make sure if someone's casting suspicion on someone else that they get it actually tested once in a while.

And this is extremely helpful, thank you.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
These days are endless, if you know what I mean :v:

Never played a nightless version before so this should be an interesting experience!

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Also, no idea if it is even required (I dont care if you gently caress it up) but my pronouns are he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh hey I’ve never done a temple game before! Cool!

I’m in the discord now :v: