Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Will it be good or bad when Angela does her dramatic anime eye opening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Will it be good or bad when Angela does her dramatic anime eye opening?

she actually does it a few times with nor real issues. I think she even does it in the intro.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
There is a dramatic anime eye opening in this but it is a bit different than you might expect

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
4 Good results, game over man not happening give up now

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So our anime lady AIs are probably going to be shackled Abnormalities or something, right?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Abnormality Intelligence, I bet.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I can help out with a little explaining of the jewish mysticism as well, as things come up (Jen X is doing a pretty good job so far). I would like to note that they are using an older style of transliteration that is fallen out of style these days. It's a style that approximates the Ashkenazi style of pronunciation, which notably has a different pronunciation for the tav with or without a dagesh (a dot inside the letter, which is usually not actually written most of the time, with the expectation that you just "know" that the dot is supposed to be there in a particular word or not), while modern and sephartic hebrew does not make a distinction whether a dagesh is present or not. Amongst ashkenazi, the tav can be pronounced "t" or "s", depending on the dagesh, but when transliterating, they want to distinguish a tav from a samech or shin/sin, so instead of writing it as an "s", they write it as a "th" instead. It's why English has the word "Sabbath", when actual ashkenazi say "Shabbos", and modern Israelis say "Shabbat".

This strange older form of transliteration also gives us the letter "waw" instead of "vav", when I'm vaguely sure that no system of pronunciation actually treats it like a "w" (it's either a "u", "o", or a "v"). There are other oddities that pop up from time to time as well.

The letters being out of sequence, alphabetically and numerically, probably has something to do with the mysticism behind the letters themselves. Here's my best guess. Note that because this is mysticism, there are of course way too many possible meanings for each letter, so I could be entirely off base here, or dead on, who knows.

• Zayin means "weapon", in particular either a sword or a crown and scepter, so that seems reasonable to be the baseline for anomalies.
  • Tet means "hidden good", or more specifically, the 9 months of pregnancy. So tet class anomalies are hiding something more, making them more dangerous.
  • Hei is an entire world/universe, such as heaven, or the material universe, or the entirety of an individual's internal experience. This would be the realization of tet's hidden factor.
  • Vav literally means "and", and is symbolically used as a bridge to to something even greater, such as making a connection between heaven and earth.
  • Aleph is that something greater.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Iunnrais posted:

I can help out with a little explaining of the jewish mysticism as well, as things come up (Jen X is doing a pretty good job so far). I would like to note that they are using an older style of transliteration that is fallen out of style these days. It's a style that approximates the Ashkenazi style of pronunciation, which notably has a different pronunciation for the tav with or without a dagesh (a dot inside the letter, which is usually not actually written most of the time, with the expectation that you just "know" that the dot is supposed to be there in a particular word or not), while modern and sephartic hebrew does not make a distinction whether a dagesh is present or not. Amongst ashkenazi, the tav can be pronounced "t" or "s", depending on the dagesh, but when transliterating, they want to distinguish a tav from a samech or shin/sin, so instead of writing it as an "s", they write it as a "th" instead. It's why English has the word "Sabbath", when actual ashkenazi say "Shabbos", and modern Israelis say "Shabbat".

This strange older form of transliteration also gives us the letter "waw" instead of "vav", when I'm vaguely sure that no system of pronunciation actually treats it like a "w" (it's either a "u", "o", or a "v"). There are other oddities that pop up from time to time as well.

The letters being out of sequence, alphabetically and numerically, probably has something to do with the mysticism behind the letters themselves. Here's my best guess. Note that because this is mysticism, there are of course way too many possible meanings for each letter, so I could be entirely off base here, or dead on, who knows.

• Zayin means "weapon", in particular either a sword or a crown and scepter, so that seems reasonable to be the baseline for anomalies.
  • Tet means "hidden good", or more specifically, the 9 months of pregnancy. So tet class anomalies are hiding something more, making them more dangerous.
  • Hei is an entire world/universe, such as heaven, or the material universe, or the entirety of an individual's internal experience. This would be the realization of tet's hidden factor.
  • Vav literally means "and", and is symbolically used as a bridge to to something even greater, such as making a connection between heaven and earth.
  • Aleph is that something greater.

Ooh, this explains a lot about why they named the risk levels how they did, actually. Any issues if I just quote it in my risk level post?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Go ahead!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Ah, I didn't know that about the transliteration choices! That's super neat.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Just a progress update:

I've done some testing, and even if I take full-size capture and size it down to 900x506, the hallway talks are still too small to be seen, even when the game is fully zoomed in.

On the bright side, I can't see anything off about it so it looks like I could just go with this size for bigger screenshots from Day 3 Gameplay onward. I've also decided to keep capturing at full size so that I can just crop smaller text directly from the raw video. Gameplay updates'll take a little bit longer to make, but they'll be able to look better.

I may also need to take a few hours to figure out ShareX and see if I can make it automatically resize uploads to 900x506, because if not I'm going to have to manually resize every screenshot I want to use, which sounds... suboptimal.

In short, you can tell that this is a Lobotomy Corporation LP because I have almost no idea what I'm doing and I'm making things up on the fly to keep things running smoothly! :eng101:

Anyways, there should hopefully be a new update sometime today and it should be the last one with the nigh-unreadable gameplay text, but also any feedback about the new ss size or anything would be great.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 2: Gameplay

As usual, we start by expanding the department we're working in. This raises our maximum Agent number from 3 to 4, and places the Abnormality inside this department.

Music: neutral 2

From there, we hit the Deployment Phase again. Whenever we clear a mission, we're first given a selection of one of three researches that Sephirah's department can use to make your life easier. These researches are permanently unlocked once picked, including if we restart from day 1. Malkuth gives us the following options:

Assembly Summons: Adds a button next to each department to instantly call everyone in that department back to the main room. This becomes more useful the bigger our facility gets, and the more Agents that there are inside it.

Joint Command: Lets us change pages to other department groups when selecting an Agent to work an Abnormality, so that we can select an Agent from another department to work that Abnormality. We can already do this by selecting an Agent and then right-clicking on an Abnormality, so this research's main benefit is being able to quickly page through every Agent in the facility to check their status all at once.

TT2 Protocol: Allows us to change the speed of the game to 1.5x or even 2x the game's original speed. Since most of our day is spent doing the same thing over and over again, this saves time when we don't need to focus. It can also be turned back to 1x speed when we need to make sure to pay attention to what's going on.

This is not a hard choice.

Using 2 of the 3 LOB we got last time, we hire two new Agents.

As for the last point, we select Talow and click on the Strengthen Employees button I circled above.

That brings up this interface, where we can spend LOB to raise the level of an agent's stats. Advancing a level in a stat costs as many LOB as the level it currently is, so to go from level 1 to 2 costs 1 LOB, but to go from level 3 to 4 would be 3 LOB. Justice costs 3x as much as any other stat to increase, so moving from Justice 3 to 4 would cost a whopping 9 LOB. The game does not want us to raise Justice easily.

We use our last point to boost Talow from Temperance 1 to 2, instantly doubling his total Temperance. :woop:

With nothing else to manage yet, it's time to start the day.

With the expansion we now have a bigger facility to deal with, and a whole new containment cell for the Abnormality we picked last time. Speaking of...

Meet T-06-27, a fuzzy effect on the containment cell with no physical form. Outside of a static effect on the cell itself, there's nothing in there. Moving our screen over it occasionally gives us the sound of gunfire and people screaming.

I should make sure to check on where all the cameras are located.

Why's that?

So that I can know-well, that's not important.

Does anyone care if we pinch some of the Abnormality's food?

The Abnormality might, so make sure to do it before you get in the cell.

Orders from the top, everyone! Newbies, Talow's going to show you how to work with One Sin. Mizu, you're working with the new Abnormality.

Sweet! Will I get to talk with this one, too?

...Not exactly.

Remember how I said the game doesn't want us to have an easy time gaining Justice? This static room's best work type is Repression, which trains Justice. It also has a unique bonus which multiplies an Agent's base success rate by 1.2 if the agent working it has a Fortitude level of 1. This makes it the best Abnormality in the early game for raising an Agent's Justice stat. :getin:

How am I supposed to use repression on something I can't even see?

Here we have our first real instance of fear damage! Nervous is an immediate loss of 10% of the agent's max SP, which isn't ideal since this Abnormality deals White damage. Still, the SP she got yesterday will allow Mizu to survive with a very comfortable cushion.

Ookay. Swinging a club around: more failures than successes. Think: How do you beat a room full of bad vibes?

Even with our overall low stats and below-average luck, we manage to get a Normal result.

I'm also going to be performing a trick: I'll be tracking Mizu's Justice stat gains through the day. Stat gains don't actually apply until we end the day, but if we were to somehow stop right now, she'd be at 19.

How was it?

Not the worst! Once I turned my walkie-talkie to the right frequency and started hitting it. it seemed to work much better! Also, I need a new walkie-talkie. How about Talow's class?

I missed the actual shot of the work ending, but we can always see the results of our last work. Talow got 9/10 successes on his first Insight work, and our first Good result for the day.

It went fine. Seems easy enough that you'd have to be an idiot to screw it up.

We send Mizu back to work on the static again, and give D.A.D. a try with One Sin. In the upper left, we can see that this will push us over the line on our Qliphoth Gauge. What happens when we do that?

Jeez that alarm's loud! What happened?!

We've suffered our first Qliphoth Meltdown!

Jen X posted:

Ah, Qliphoth!

These are pretty different things in actual Kabbalah and weird occultist kabbalah; in the actual thing, they're directly related to the concept of tzimtzum, which is roughly speaking God withdrawing His divine power and presence from an area such that things can exist there that aren't just God. In particular — and this is the place where that concept is used — the Universe. The Qliphoth (I have no idea why it's th at the end, it definitely is just a tav) are shells left behind in the process that...sorta limit the holiness we get, both keeping God's purity pure and us from being consumed in a flash of divinity, or something. They're also equated with things like idolatry, because, like, things that restrict holiness ain't good, they just have beneficial byproducts.

In the occultist version, they're basically the Sefirot but evil. They're responsible for a whole host of bad stuff, or so wikipedia tells me (because I know stuff about jewish kabbalah but I know jack and poo poo about, say, Aleister Crowley's insane nonsense).

This is actually surprisingly on-point for what meltdowns actually do in-universe. During off-hours, Abnormalities are kept inert through something known as Qliphoth Deterrence, and the loading screen before the preparation phase actually mentions weakening that deterrence so that the Abnormalities can be interacted with. The problem is, working with Abnormalities causes errors in the deterrence which can do a few things. These are the meltdowns.

We can tell what a meltdown will do by the entry next to the gauge. This one means that 1 of the containment cells, chosen randomly, will have a Qliphoth Meltdown.

Like so. Abnormalities having a meltdown will be given a timer over their cell, and will be highlighted. They need to be worked before the timer hits 0, or else we lose some of the energy collected towards our goal. In order to prevent us from being screwed over if we were working one just before a meltdown, the meltdown timer only starts ticking once the Abnormality is off cooldown and ready to be worked again.

I go ahead and max out One Sin now, fully unlocking its E.G.O weapon and its story. E.G.O gear can be purchased a specific number of times per Abnormality, and for One Sin its weapon and armor can both be bought five times, meaning we could outfit five Agents with it alone. As for its story, I will be linking the stories of Abnormalities we have finished at the end of the gameplay posts they're finished in.

In other news, Mizu got a second good. 22 Justice so far.

We spend a little bit of it unlocking the basic information. Say hello to 1.76 MHz! Unlocking the basic information of an Abnormality also unlocks the information on the containment cell.

This is important because the circled portion of the cell is what's called a 'Qliphoth Counter.' Qliphoth Counters can go up or down (generally down) as an Abnormality is worked with. When they hit 0, bad things happen. Qliphoth Counters (or QCs from now on) immediately hit 0 if a Meltdown timer hits 0. My plan today is to let a meltdown land on 1.76 MHz in order to show off what happens when it melts down.

Mizu goes for a third work and D.A.D. gets our third good, while Angela congratulates us for a job well done. We're not done yet, though. In the early game it's a good idea to get a little bit of extra training done, both to build employee stats and to rack up as much gear as possible.

Bishop gets to deal with the meltdown. Meltdown works don't advance the Qliphoth Gauge, so we'll never have to worry about accidentally pushing into a new Meltdown by fixing the ones we already have.

So we're just trading for the rest of the day?

Seems like it.

Mizu lands us our fourth Good for the day, completing the mission. Also, 25 Justice.

I feel like I'm starting to get the idea behind repression!

What's that?

"Do as I say or I’ll club you again!" :pseudo:

:rolleyes:

We unlock the managerial tips for 1.76 MHz next. To summarize: Good works make the QC go up, Bad or Normal works make the QC go down with varying odds, bad things happen when the QC hits 0, and there's a line in there about how 'Higher Fortitude workers have a worse success rate.'

This is true, but also misleading. I mentioned earlier that Fortitude 1 agents get a 1.2x multiplier to their success rates, but the way this Abnormality is coded makes it so that the multiplier for every other level of Fortitude is 1x. Fort 2 and Fort 5 succeed with the same regularity. There are a lot of little things like this that the game will tell us about, but not tell us all about. I'll be explaining every one of them that I'm aware of.

I AM JUSTICE ITSELF!! :science:

That's 28 Justice. With any luck the next work will make it meltdown, and…

That's okay. It's a 50-50 shot each time, so this isn't that unlikely. We'll keep going.

You get used to it. When you've been around as long as I have, this much is nothing.

Really? When did you start?

Yesterday! :D

:doh:

I decide to send Talow to work on 1.76 MHz as well, and predictably he does a good job. His higher Temperance means on average he'll succeed slightly more often than Mizu, so this is to be expected.

30 Justice. In the future, if I'm just sort of going back and forth farming an Abnormality I'll probably just handwave it unless something interesting happens.

Another meltdown, another miss. :rolldice:

That 'One Sin' thing rattled at me, and the next thing I knew I had this thorny thing on my head…

Cool!

Ah! D.A.D. has gained our first E.G.O Gift! Once we've gotten an Abnormality to a high enough observation level, it has a chance to give any Agent working it a gift which gives them some kind of buff to their stats. D.A.D.'s new crown gives +2 SP, and also +10% to the success rate of any work done with One Sin.

This work puts her at 33 Justice. :black101:

I also go ahead and unlock the rest of 1.76 MHz's information, and get access to its E.G.O Suit. The one weak point of this Abnormality is its abysmal gear, only giving us one copy of its suit, which also has a weakness to Red damage. In the early game, the major threats your Agents will be facing deal Red damage, making this terrible for the point in the game where we most need 1.76's training prowess. Still, we'll probably find a use for it at some point.

I send D.A.D. to work with 1.76 next, and the meltdown hits One Sin for the fourth time in a row. :what: Since today is apparently cursed, let's just show off another feature:

Just have to keep calm, and…

Alright, pack it in everyone! Time to call it a day.

Wait, what about-?

If it looks like an Agent is in trouble, we can end the day in the middle of their work in order to save them. This is a good way to test the waters and bail out when an Agent is in over their head, but it only works once a day so it's very situational. Also, the status roundup shows Mizu's Justice as going from 15>31, but her title is granting her 2 extra that aren't listed on this screen, so the stat should match when I show everyone to cap off the day's training.

Music: never frozen bottom flows

Oh, hi again -44! :wave:

F-02-44: However, the curse continues eternally, never broken.
T-01-54: "What's really pitiful is people like you dying to the likes of me."
F-01-02: I am coming to you. You, who will be reduced to ash like me.

This early into the game, good stat training is more important than almost anything else, and that's what this pick boils down to. Of the three, -44 is another Justice/Prudence trainer, which we already have covered by 1.76 MHz. Its gear is better, but it doesn't have the flexibility or ease of use of 1.76-and it's redundant anyways, so it's out. -02 is an Abnormality which has amazingly strong gear for the early game, and its spread could work for a Fortitude trainer, but the high damage it deals and its management rules make it risky to use for anything but Insight. That leaves -54, who has a combination of relatively decent gear, ideal stats for a Fortitude trainer, and can help us with a couple of later missions.

Surprising no one, I go for the safe bet.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: We talk about our hopes and dreams with our totally trustworthy AI buddies. :swoon:

Current Stats

I'm considering keeping track of this in the second post, since it's a good way to know at a glance how everyone is doing and where they are. (Future TQ note: I never do this :v:)

Also: I got it right on. :dance:

New Guidelines

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
1.76 MHz

New Gear

Those who are willing to spill blood for the greater good will be readily given approval for its use.
Though this weapon is not as strong as other E.G.O weapons in our possession, it provides psychological comfort to the wielder.
However, it is useless to those who do not know justice.

The crown of thorns will sometimes protect the wielder's soul.
The thorns may momentarily hurt as they anchor your soul to reality.
This suit will be no better than rags to those who have no sense of guilt.

Requirements: Prudence II

New Stories

One Sin pt1
One Sin pt2
1.76 MHz

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 28, 2021

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I find it funny that One Sin's story mentions "scientific ethics". Ah, yes, Lobotomy Corporation. The champion of ethics. As shown by your first day where a department manager snapped someones neck for trying to quit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Just because they aren’t YOUR ethics doesn’t mean they aren’t ethics!

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Look, murdering people is fine. Violating their privacy? That's the act of a true villain.

Okay, jokes aside, the flavortext for the Penitence equipment implies that Skullfriend was one of the first Abnormalities they had. With that in mind, you can say this is a glimpse at what they were like when the company first started, and things like ethics and rules actually mattered to them.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
are stat changes actually recorded on their sheets as they improve throughout the day?

That would have been real helpful to know for one of the training team missions

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

They are not. If you want to track your level ups mid-day you either have to eyeball it, or you have to use a notepad to keep track.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
In short: It's just that TeeQueue is a crazy person who's memorized all the stat growth formulas.

Crepuscule Adepte fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 28, 2020

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

TeeQueue posted:

They are not. If you want to track your level ups mid-day you either have to eyeball it, or you have to use a notepad to keep track.

Or use a mod that modifies the UI and displays the gains you make during the day. It also gives specific values to your success chance instead of "low", "very high" and so on, which I'm not so happy about, but planning training easily is too good to pass up for me.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The more detailed info mod is a godsend, and was instrumental in figuring out how the experience formulas worked. The community had known how it was coded since shortly after the game came out, but how the code actually worked was misinterpreted until sometime last June.

Related note, the next update is probably going to be explaining how EXP works because it's really important.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Mechanics Talk 2: Agent Growth

The first thing to know about Agent growth is how stat ranks and promotions are figured. Each stat has a total of five levels, from I-V, and as agents gain total stat levels they are increased from rank I to V as well. The chart below shows the stat breakpoints for each level up, as well as the total number of stat levels necessary to be promoted to each Agent rank.

As a quick example, Talow is currently below 30 in everything but Attachment, making him a 1/1/2/1 Agent. This totals 5, so he's 1 stat level away from hitting rank 2. If his Justice were to hit 30, he would get promoted at the end of that day and from then on be a rank 2 Agent.

There is a sixth stat level, EX, which is for stats of 100 or higher. It does not count towards an Agent's promotions and is more of a 'you can stop now' sign.

Now let's talk about how to gain those stats and level up Agents quickly. Everything about EXP gain is originally sourced from this document, which goes more fully into the code of how EXP gains are calculated. I have simplified the information for an easier reference that requires less math.

Being able to estimate how much EXP agents have gained is useful for dealing with a couple of missions in the game, and knowing how EXP is calculated will make finding good training Abnormalities much easier to do. We'll start with the formula for calculating growth for Fortitude, Prudence, and Temperance. (Instinct/Insight/Attachment work, respectively)

code:
Training Modifier * Level Modifier * Damage Modifier * PE Boxes gained = Total EXP
The Training Modifier starts at 1, and a research later on will raise this to 1.5. Certain other things can raise this as well, but they're either rare or tiny.

The Level Modifier is a constant number that's based on an Agent's stat level and the risk level of the Abnormality being worked. The chart below shows all of the possible values for the level modifier, and nothing can affect this number.

Notably, if an Agent has gotten enough experience to be put into a higher stat level at the end of the day they start using the higher stat level to calculate further growth immediately, even if the day has not yet been ended. There's no benefit to trying to rush an Agent from I to V in a single day.

The Damage Modifier is the main number that we can affect. It's calculated by comparing the Agent's max HP (for Instinct work), SP (for Insight work), or both combined (for Attachment work) to the level after the work ends, and then a modifier is assigned based on the % remaining, according to the chart below.

Damage already on the Agent does not count for this calculation, so there's no benefit to working with an injured Agent. Fear damage does count for Insight/Attachment calculations, as it's considered damage done by the Abnormality. Finally, any healing done while in the cell will lower the damage modifier calculation, so it doesn't matter how low an agent's HP/SP was if they're fully healed before leaving-the modifier will immediately revert to the lowest possible in this case. Outside of very specific setups, I generally try to work with Abnormalities that will leave my Agents at ~50% in whatever stat is being trained, since that's 2.5x more efficient than taking no damage at all. This is also why Mizu's Prudence went up by more on Day 1 despite Talow having more successes: Modifiers are really powerful! :science:

Finally, the PE Boxes gained is the number of work successes you have. More boxes = more EXP.

Justice is more streamlined, as it doesn't care about damage taken at all:

code:
Justice Modifier * Training Modifier * PE Boxes Gained = Total EXP
The Justice Modifier is a constant which works out to be exactly half of the level modifier for the same stat/risk combination. I've put a table for it below for easy reference.

Since we cannot easily change any of the modifiers for Justice growth, the only thing that matters is the # of successes on your Repression work. The way I did that trick with Mizu was by noting how many boxes she'd gained and multiplying the number times 0.3 to get her EXP. Stats are rounded up, so if an agent ends the day at 28.5 they'll be treated as having 29.

The main takeaways from all of this math are the following:
  • Use R damage Abnormalities to train Fortitude
  • Use W damage Abnormalities to train Prudence
  • B damage Abnormalities can be used to train any stat they respond to
  • Risk level and success rate are the only things that matter to train Justice
That's it for the basics of Agent growth. Have a great day!

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 28, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
So, might you equip bad armour to train faster?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Yep! There’s one abnormality in specific who I like equipping no armor at all for, even.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TeeQueue posted:

Yep! There’s one abnormality in specific who I like equipping no armor at all for, even.

"Orders from the top. Strip naked and get into room full of skeletal mermaids with switchblades for teeth, then tell them all about our lunch menu for the last month."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ratoslov posted:

"Orders from the top. Strip naked and get into room full of skeletal mermaids with switchblades for teeth, then tell them all about our lunch menu for the last month."

That just reminded me of one of the few things horrific enough that the Dwarf Fortress dev decided to nerf.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

That would be Attachment work, so no. You gotta be hand-feeding them while naked for that Fortitude training.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Oh man, I love this game but the extremely bad translation was just too much of a brick wall to finish. Looking forward to this LP!

Maslovo
Oct 12, 2016

New recruit signing in boss! I cant wait to be bludgeoned to death with my own soul or something!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

That would be Attachment work, so no. You gotta be hand-feeding them while naked for that Fortitude training.

But I need my hands!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Getting your hands back on is 'attachement' work

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aaand it's time for me to come to the thread with some terrible, terrible news. :doh:

>So I do day 3 gameplay/day 4 story. It looks fine! I get a cool abnormality! Everything is a-ok!
>Oh, let me move this to my backup disk so I can have it.
>Wow this is all really cluttered, let me just clean up the files I don't need anymore before doing that.
>wow let me just completely delete my own recording that i just made while completely on autopilot. :doh: :doh: :doh:
>and that's a recovery tool failure. :ughh:

Due to how lobotomy corporation works there's not a way to go back and keep the same state that we're in, we'd reroll all the abnormalities and everything for a day that amounted to 'grind for 8 solid minutes as nothing particularly interesting happens,' which is really not worth it. I can recapture all the day 4 story and stuff no problem, but that leaves the question of what to do for day 3 gameplay. The way I see it, there are three main options:

-Try to create some MSPaint stick-figure comic of what happened on that day. This will be terrible, as I cannot draw at all.
-Skip the MSPaint part and go from day 3 story to day 3 "gameplay" where I show the new abnormality/weapon info and explain what happened
-Go directly from day 3 story to day 4 story, the agents show up on day 4 gameplay in the facility as usual after a day that none of them can remember, and this is all clearly just a narrative event and not me loving up catastrophically, hahaha.

I'm very sorry about this, everyone. :smith:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Option 3 kind of sounds like it'd be in theme for how this game goes.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Option 3 sounds the most sensible, but I seriously want to see your take on Option 1, not gonna lie.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Break out the MSPaint

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Just skip day 3 gameplay I'd say. You can cover it's quirks and gear as they come up. As I assume you'll have to work it a bit going onwards anyway. Won't say no to MSpaint moments though. A little italic note for the archives that it's not part ofthe actual game might be worth while just because randomly skipping a day, or having a day where everything is bad wonky art would not be out of genre.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gimme some MSPaint.

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019
Skip day 3 gameplay and maybe just explain a little bit about the abnormality/gear when they come up again.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
I wanna see your art!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

You could always explain it as the night shift coming in after a day that seemed to go alright, energy was gotten, but finding all staff unconscious, without memory when they woke up, and the only thing that explains what was going on was the feverish scribbling of one of the agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
MSPaint is always a riot, I say go for that