Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oda is a machine that runs on cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Asuron posted:

I've read enough work to know that the portrayal, across the entire medium is not particularly good even if there are the occasional exceptions. If you've got any recommendations, feel free to share , I'd love to read it.

Plus this is related to shonen, so I was using relevant examples..?

We have a more relevant thread for this.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Angry Lobster posted:

Yes, it's a pity that Oda is a human being instead of an immortal fairy like Hiroshiro Araki.

Now I want Araki to do designs for a JRPG

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr. Steak posted:

1) Hmm, I'm still not sure about this one, it's a lot more complicated now. There are a couple possibilities. We know that the "crucifixion" isn't meant to be an execution, because Helmeppo wants to do an execution as a separate thing. But I'm not sure whose idea the crucifixion punishment was. Part of the dialogue about the promise between Helmeppo and Zorro made it seem like maybe it was Zorro's idea, and this was basically his dare, like "how about you crucify me outside and if I live for a month, you let me go?" and Helmeppo thought it was funny so he obliged. But the evidence against this theory is the sign about "don't aid criminals" in general, rather than specifying Zorro. Which means the cross-hanging punishment probably isn't unique to him. So I guess it's most likely just a standard punishment, but it still seems extremely fatal! I'm gonna choose to believe that it's normally supposed to be an especially cruel execution, and Helmeppo just wants to make it a public one...?

The way I always saw it was that where Zoro is held is the One Piece version of public stocks. In Zoro's case, Morgan was always going to kill him but displaying the great Pirate Hunter's subservience to the Great Captain Morgan was more important. It's just that nobody but Zoro thought he could actually go a month of exposure to the elements with no food or water.

It's an open question as to whether or not this version of stocks are frequently used by Morgan, or if it's left over from the previous command. Morgan strikes me as a kill everyone who doesn't ask how high while jumping, but using humiliation to underscore his power makes sense too.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Gyges posted:

The way I always saw it was that where Zoro is held is the One Piece version of public stocks. In Zoro's case, Morgan was always going to kill him but displaying the great Pirate Hunter's subservience to the Great Captain Morgan was more important. It's just that nobody but Zoro thought he could actually go a month of exposure to the elements with no food or water.

It's an open question as to whether or not this version of stocks are frequently used by Morgan, or if it's left over from the previous command. Morgan strikes me as a kill everyone who doesn't ask how high while jumping, but using humiliation to underscore his power makes sense too.

It also seems to me that Zoro being incredibly determined to live through the month, believing it will let him loose and not wanting to become a pirate (according to the colored scans in English he even says he doesn't want to become a "bad guy like a pirate"), putting him on the cross was a way to capture him without resistance from someone famously super strong and scary.

So basically, instead of just saying "he hurt my wolf, kill him now" and having a costly fight on their hands, they just tell him "Hey, you can get into a massive brawl with the marines and become an outlaw or you can chill here for a while drinking rain" and then kill him when he's weakened.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CHAPTER 6: The first addition to the crew!

No cover this time either. Hmph. Also, I've barely edited this post at all from my initial notes. This wasn't a big thinky chapter.

Wow, I’m surprised Morgan instantly identified Luffy’s power as being from the devil fruits. Though I guess in this world, literally any superhuman ability would be from those. Also, it’s really weird how he used the word “series” to describe them? He’s like “that must be from something in the devil fruits series”. Just seems weird to me.

Where were all the marines holding those swords?? They really didn’t seem like they had anywhere they could have been carrying them before!

See? It’s like all their guns just morphed into swords.

Lmao, Luffy’s little “Look!” after undoing the rope. So adorable, even though he’s also a huge idiot.

Yep, you were right about this panel being badass. Though my first thought is... drat, Zorro’s jaw strength must be off the charts! He’s gripping the hilt in his teeth so strongly that he can block several swings at full strength just with that? Geez.

Zorro, my man... I hate to break it to you, but your reputation wasn’t the greatest already. People were calling you an evil beast even before all this, so becoming a pirate isn’t as much of a change as you’re making it out to be.

Ooh, drat, that Gum-Gum Whip spread is really awesome. Also I love how that moment was set up, with him going “Gum-Gum......” on the previous page. I already knew he was about to whip out (lol) a new move, so it was already hype before turning the page to reveal what it was gonna be.

Holy loving poo poo!! What the gently caress! This is such a badass villain moment, but also what in the goddamn gently caress? I can’t believe those soldiers are actually about to listen to him and loving kill themselves!! How is this a manga for kids??
I literally would have been like “What, me? I wasn’t complaining, Sir. It was those guys.” Lol.

Oh lol, the cloak comes off to reveal that his pants were the same pattern as the navy base the whole time.

~~paraphrased~~ posted:

"I'm the super important navy captain, Axe-hand Morgan!!"
"I''m Luffy. Nice to meet you!"
This moment is loving perfect! I love it.

I *am* a bit confused about the couple panels building up to this though. Like, I kinda thought Luffy was gonna be pissed at Morgan for ordering his men to commit suicide, but he was kinda just like... “You’re the navy, so gently caress you.” And then Coby was unnecessarily like “gently caress up these navy dudes Luffy!” Even though Luffy was showing literally no qualms about doing that already. Haha. I do appreciate being shown explicitly that Coby is against this type of navyperson, but he already expressed that way better last chapter anyway (or maybe 2 chapters ago?), so this still felt sort of unneeded.

Is it weird that my first impression of this panel was “Wow! Luffy’s sandal is flexible!” Lol.

Omg, the way Morgan’s holding onto his grotesque axe-elbow here is just... Hurk...

But daaamn, that spirally kick thing was drawn so well! The art flows so nicely. Mmm, I love it.

Lmaooo, Luffy just fuckin’ punching him after Helmeppo screamed wait.

Wow I think this is the first time I’ve seen a hostage go “Don’t care about me!” and the person’s just straight-up like “Okay! :D

I thought you had a sword in each hand. Where’d your other sword go...?

[At punching Helmeppo] Third time’s the charm? Lol.

Naisu!

Zoro must have used a move called sixty-nine. Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Eyy, he called Luffy kyaputen!

Rating time! Good poo poo, good poo poo. +3.0

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

His name's Zolo
He's just like a samurai

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Mr. Steak posted:

CHAPTER 6: The first addition to the crew!

Yep, you were right about this panel being badass. Though my first thought is... drat, Zorro’s jaw strength must be off the charts! He’s gripping the hilt in his teeth so strongly that he can block several swings at full strength just with that? Geez.

When I was a kid and this came out here I literally went around and showed my friends "look at how cool this guy is!"

Mr. Steak posted:

I thought you had a sword in each hand. Where’d your other sword go...?

I mean, that's the sword in his hand being placed in the mouth. The last one is presumably in a scabbard.

I like how Luffy already has this much trust in Zoro as a crewmate, despite having met him like an hour ago.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr. Steak posted:

Wow, I’m surprised Morgan instantly identified Luffy’s power as being from the devil fruits. Though I guess in this world, literally any superhuman ability would be from those. Also, it’s really weird how he used the word “series” to describe them? He’s like “that must be from something in the devil fruits series”. Just seems weird to me.

I don't know if you'd consider this a spoiler or not, since this isn't directly answered latter but answered more indirectly. I think it's probably one of those things that Oda was going to do one way, but then modified as the story went on and he realized it would work better with a little bit of a tweek.

The non-spoiler answer, painted as broadly as possible to avoid potential spoiler info, is Devil Fruits will sometimes be referred to as being part of a series or model line. This comes up to allow for somewhat similar Devil Fruits to be grouped together despite no two Devil Fruits being the same. So you could say either, "Luffy ate the Gum-Gum Devil Fruit", or, "Luffy ate a Gum-Gum series Devil Fruit".

A completely unused in One Piece example to display this would be if two people have TV powers, Oda might list their powers as TV-TV Fruit, Model: Lifetime Movie and TV-TV Fruit, Model: Sitcom. The powers still aren't duplicated, but it lets Oda get slightly more granular with certain powers.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

That definitely feels like spoilers based on the OP's definition. We will learn all that in time, there's no reason to explicitly explain it now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, I'd say that the spoiler'd bit is giving away too much info for Mr. Steak.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I love that I’m so used to Zoro as a character that it no longer registers to me that using a sword with your mouth is weird as hell.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CHAPTER 7: Frieeenndss!

This cover is super cute. I see we’re still sticking with the theme of “wildlife”, but the scenes are getting more involved. Like, this one has a lot of attention to detail. I love the detail of the one bird apparently having moved a little since Luffy painted over it, since you can see a marking of its tail on the bear’s head.

Headcanon: These two navymen were in love, but Morgan refused to allow any emotions get in the way of their duties (in fact, this is the reason he didn’t allow any women on the force). But now that Morgan’s dead er, out of commission, they can finally be themselves around each other. I mean look at that hand on the hip. That is not a platonic dance they’re doing.

These guys, on the other hand, are the bro-iest of bros.

Um, oh yeah, he hasn’t eaten in who knows how long (except for muddy rice). Totally forgot about that, lol.
(Oh, it was nine days)

RIKAAAAAA!!!

I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about her, but as soon as I saw her precious little face I couldn't stop smiling. God she is so precious. I sorta hope she grows up to want to be a pirate, and then post-timeskip or something we meet her again. Though that'll be so far in the future that I'll surely forget about her entirely before that happens.

Yo! When I turned to this page my eyebrows quite literally hit the roof. Also Luffy's badass grin right after is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen.
I'm so drat proud of Coby! I'm gonna miss him! Like, I know I said this before but wow I'm surprised at how invested I ended up being in his character arc.

Is he.... Steaming....?

Ooh, this really gives off a sense of “Prologue over, act 1 start.”

I realllly don’t like how Shanks is shown among the menacing faces. No I don’t like it one bit. Also, that's clearly Buggy on the left, but I don't recognize any of the other figures whatsoever. This picture is intimidating, I don't like it! Also, hmm, I wonder if that map is an accurate representation of landmasses in the One Piece world, or if Oda just drew random shapes.

Also what the gently caress was that ominous message of "But there was a huge thing they missed" or whatever? Don't ruin my happy moment with your creepy foreshadowing!!

So, this chapter was really amazing. I was so invested I kinda shot right through it!

I was sort of half-expecting Coby to end up being like "Actually, take me with you!" but in the end I like what we got a lot better. The whole scene in Rika's mom's house was so so good. I absolutely love when a manga is versatile enough to follow up a full fight chapter with a full chapter of character drama and make it totally work. I 100% didn't start One Piece thinking I'd get such engaging legitimate drama, but here we are. I don't think this needs to be said at this point, but I'm in this for the long haul for sure. I've been thinking about One Piece and getting excited to read more, like, at random moments throughout my day lol. And I'm getting really excited at the fact that I have soooooooo much more content ahead of me, and it can only get better from here!

I feel like I should write more about this chapter because I liked it a LOT, but idk. It was just really good, what can I say? I rate it +5.0

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mr. Steak posted:

Is he.... Steaming....?

Like slapping a chicken to roast it, Luffy punches hard enough to boil water.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
maybe it's really cold so his sweat is visibly evaporating off him.

when it's cold out and I work up a sweat, my head visibly steams. I love it. :v:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Captain Invictus posted:

when it's cold out and I work up a sweat, my head visibly steams. I love it. :v:

Because I'm still a dumb child my thoughts always go to "I'm powering up" when it happens :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i love Coby so much, bless him

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I would say the biggest moment in the chapter to me is when Coby not only salutes the pirates leaving, but the fellow marines join him in doing so. It showcases that the marines as an organization aren't complete mustache-twirling villains in spite of Captain Morgan's reign.

Not to mention, Coby is the one who leads them. Though it wasn't intentional, everyone follows Coby's lead on that. Despite being this shrimpy little kid, Coby has a great sense of right and wrong. Even though he doesn't seem like it, he's got the spirit of a natural born leader. Luffy brings out the best in people through unorthodox methods, and I love that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also the hostage going 'Don't worry about me!' and then the Shounen Hero going '...'kay' was done earlier at least in Dragonball, where Kid Goku had the same reaction.

Oda is a massive fan of Toriyama and Dragonball, btw.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Oh cool! I'm eager to see how long you can keep this up.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I hope you haven't given up on OP, OP. There's a break week in the current release schedule so I know I could really use a fix in the form of blind read reactions.

Not trying to say you owe us an update or anything, just wanted to check in and see what's up.

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

yea this thread is dope, i may not post but im reading it op

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man with Hat posted:

I hope you haven't given up on OP, OP. There's a break week in the current release schedule so I know I could really use a fix in the form of blind read reactions.

Not trying to say you owe us an update or anything, just wanted to check in and see what's up.

Not at all! I'm planning on reading a bunch more real soon, don't worry. Like, I was just thinking about this the other night, funnily enough. It doesn't feel like it's been so long since I read, but it's been like almost 2 weeks, hasn't it? Whoops!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I can't remember the last time I bookmarked a thread, but the insights you're providing are really engaging me in this thing I already love; watching someone experience something I love for the first time.

also just finding it now means I didn't get to experience the time gap! Hooray for me!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright! The post-prologue break is over!
(yeah, let's pretend it was totally intentional and call it that)

CHAPTER 8: Introducing... Nami!

This chapter-cover might be my favorite so far. It’s not super busy like some of the others, but it also has such an understated charm with how the birds are treating Luffy’s arm as an extension of the railing. And how Luffy literally doesn’t seem to mind. In my opinion, this cover actually embodies the feeling of One Piece even more than the one with the stripey emu things, just because of that sort of quiet charm...... Well ok, after typing the word “quiet” I realized there’s no way something like this could capture the *entire* feeling of One Piece, since this is like the opposite of a “quiet” series lmao. But still, you know what I mean.

Hey so btw Nami’s name means “wave”. That’s pretty on-the-nose lol.

Lol, those 3 pirates can get hosed. Nami’s awesome. That was a hilarious trick she played on them. Though the whole... planning based on the weather thing was kind of contrived. I mean.... like, she had no way of knowing the pirates were gonna show up at that exact moment. So we're meant to believe if they'd taken a slightly different route, then Nami would have just totally been hosed?

I love this weird elephant cannon thing on the front of Buggy’s ship.

I also love the design of this adorable little whale fountain!

Wtf, Buggy? You don’t even know what your dude is seeing in the sky and you’re just like “yeah whatever it is you’re talking about, shoot it down.”

Who the hell is this Frankenstein dude...?

Lmao Nami is such a drat troll.

Well this is awfully convenient that Nami’s already asking to team up with Luffy. But it might be a hard sell to ask her to actually become a pirate.

“Thief specializing in pirates” is a weird concept since pirates are already thieves lol. I guess that kind of makes Nami a super-thief.

I really enjoy Nami’s character so far as a totally chaotic trickster who’s always totally playing everyone.

This was a fairly basic chapter that largely just served as a transition into the next arc (which is why I'm not including it in a post of its own). So it was nothing really stand-out. Though I did enjoy how the chapter had a bunch of off-screen fighting when it was obvious one side would be curbstomped, lol. It shows good attention to what’s actually important to show. I rate the chapter -1.0 just because all the other chapters were better. But it wasn't bad by any means.

CHAPTER 9: Demon Woman

Ahaha, I love the detail of the sword in the cow’s nose ring. Also I wonder how long it’ll be before we graduate from the wildlife theme of these covers. ...Wait, what the heck is Zorro even doing to that dandelion...?

Aaah, this chapter did that thing again where it literally starts as a direct continuation of the conversation from the last chapter, without a single hitch. I really really appreciate that Oda keeps doing that. It makes reading several chapters at once feel so cohesive.

Luffy: “I’m busy.” Busy doing what exactly??

These puns are impossible. They must have been entirely rewritten from the ground up in English, lol.

The first one (not pictured here) was “kagi ga tsukeppanashi” = “the key was left inside the lock” and “tsukeppana” = “fake nose”.

And this one is **way** more tenuous and infeasible lmao. He said “mattaku no gokai” = “absolutely a misunderstanding” and Buggy heard “makka de dekai” = “big and red”. Lol, talk about insecure.

Also, the dude’s flabbergasted reaction is hilarious because it’s not just fear from Buggy being pissed, but he’s just like... how in the gently caress did you mishear me that bad??

On this subject though... Buggy loving killed that dude!!! Holy crap! He literally did nothing wrong!! This is hosed up!

I guess Buggy’s devil-fruit power involves levitating people...? Idk why, but I was sort of under the impression that all the devil fruits would only have to do with changing the user’s body. Like the gum-gum fruit made Luffy a “rubber body”. And for the smoke character I vaguely know about, he presumably became “smoke body” from his fruit. But this isn’t related to Buggy’s body at all, he’s just choking the guy with his mind. So idk lol.

Who the gently caress? This guy’s design is ridiculous.

Also, oh crap Buggy has a lion! I can’t believe Oda wrote this character as having a lion and yet DIDN’T feature the lion heavily in his introduction panel? Hello, that’s such an easy way to make him like 20x more badass. But the lion is mostly cut off and I almost didn’t even notice it. Bro, missed opportunity.

Actually, on 2nd thought, it makes sense that he’d have a lion because of the circus theme.... I’m kinda slow for not realizing that sooner.

What the poo poo? Lmao

Nami shark.

Lmao Luffy’s such an idiot.

Aaah, yappari ne...

Um, did Nami just randomly say she likes oranges...? Also, wait a sec, is that foreshadowing about her sister who also loves oranges??? Holy poo poo, I’m cracking this thing wide open!

Lmao, this bit made me actually laugh out loud.

Alright, awesome. All the pieces are coming together now that Zorro finally arrived at the village.

This chapter makes up for the slowness of last chapter in like every way. I definitely made the right choice grouping these 2 together, because viewing them as a single double-length chapter it holds up way better. I also think it's a much better introduction to Nami's character than the short scenes from last chapter. I rate this one +2.0

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Morgan made for a pretty good establishing act, but Buggy the creepy clown feels more thematically appropriate as an early threat, given Luffy takes squash & stretch to a whole new level.

Edit: wait, no, friendly pirate vs. corrupt marine is about as appropriate a theme as you can get. I guess I just like the latter more.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 20, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
buggy is one of the best non-main characters in the entire series and was my avatar on here for years. oda really knows how to use him for comedic effect, and also make him pretty menacing at times. but mostly comedic effect.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
The Zoro Luffy conversation on the little boat they have is hilarious. Just two completely lost idiots arguing over who's more lost, brilliant.

And then Buggy comes along to make things even better. The official translation for those puns in the Swedish version were really good but sadly I've lost my first couple of volumes or I'd check what he did with them but yeah, the whole thing is restructured to fit the puns in a way that works really well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the dub rewrote it as 'it was sitting out as plain as the nose on your face' and didn't really do anything about the 2nd one 'it was quite clear'

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think English is just an inherently less pun rich language than a lot of other languages.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
The joke about Buggy mishearing his goon was translated as "Well only the robber knows..." and Buggy thought the guy had said "rubber nose."

Then he followed up with "It's a mistake! I meant the thief!" Buggy misheard it as "So it's a steak? It looks like beef?!"

It's a decent way to translate a gag like that, especially with the latter bit following the trend of "How could he have possibly misheard that?"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

the dub rewrote it as 'it was sitting out as plain as the nose on your face' and didn't really do anything about the 2nd one 'it was quite clear'

wow that's not even accidental anymore lol. in the anime dub the dude got what was coming to him.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

The joke about Buggy mishearing his goon was translated as "Well only the robber knows..." and Buggy thought the guy had said "rubber nose."

Then he followed up with "It's a mistake! I meant the thief!" Buggy misheard it as "So it's a steak? It looks like beef?!"

It's a decent way to translate a gag like that, especially with the latter bit following the trend of "How could he have possibly misheard that?"

these are both actually really clever. tho i'm a bit impartial because it personally shouts me out :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oda loves his puns so loving much to the misery of localizers worldwide, a fair few jokes stem from the characters mishearing words that play with their character traits.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and literally every single named attack zoro does is a pun.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

CHAPTER 9: Demon Woman

Ahaha, I love the detail of the sword in the cow’s nose ring. Also I wonder how long it’ll be before we graduate from the wildlife theme of these covers. ...Wait, what the heck is Zorro even doing to that dandelion...?

he's using it to clean his sword like it was an uchiko!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Weird difference the anime made in that scene where Buggy killed his underling is that instead of actually blowing him up, he let the guy go after he apologized. I don't know why they bothered to do that, considering Morgan already got to murder a subordinate for refusing to follow his orders.

Toei makes some very weird and arbitrary decisions. Nami was introduced in the first few episodes as well instead of debuting here. I don't really understand why.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Weird difference the anime made in that scene where Buggy killed his underling is that instead of actually blowing him up, he let the guy go after he apologized. I don't know why they bothered to do that, considering Morgan already got to murder a subordinate for refusing to follow his orders.

I think Buggy isn't supposed to be as evil as Morgan, at least in the eyes of the anime writers. Plus as a pirate captain, he has no higher authority backing him up; his crew are presumably following him by choice. So it doesn't make much sense for him to treat his crew too poorly.

I honestly didn't remember Buggy outright killing his underling there. But I guess he did; he straight up had him shot with a cannon. That wasn't very nice of him.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 20, 2020

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Come to think of it all three villains so far has been introduced by killing an underling.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

The anime is terrible for a absolute laundry list of reasons, but neutering some of the harder hitting stuff that oda can sneak in is definitely one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

rodney mullenkamp posted:

he's using it to clean his sword like it was an uchiko!

What is an uchiko? :confused: