Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

CptWedgie posted:

This and the mention of only working once brings a thought to mind: Why the hell does Laurent not deliberately expose themselves to the flowers to immunize themselves? That's a hell of a weakness to leave unaddressed.

The wind blew the spores in a direction not safe for hazing rituals, is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Re: why Mintas was left alone--it's already Ferolian territory. With the human-hating part of the beastmen away on the front-lines, the more tolerant beastmen can live in harmony with their neighbors. (Though I forget how many of those in Mintas are actually humans, and how many untransformed beastmen)

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

In the real world where being exceptional just means being more than two standard deviations above average in whatever statistic you care to measure it's easier to establish the legal fiction that all men are equal; in fantasy, where there are literally other races, national borders are mostly determined by military strength, and a debate can be settled by: "I was more blessed by the Mana Goddess than you, your argument is invalid" I can see concepts like the divine right to rule persisting. I think it's telling that of all the Mana games, only Secret of Mana--where Mana power has been largely irrelevant for centuries--has a republic (Tasnica).

(Obviously, the actual explanation to why everybody's some flavor of royalty and/or nobility is due to the modern romantic fascination with an institution very few people have to live under. With elected leaders, you can theoretically vote your way to a different, if not better, government, but if a monarch is tyrannical most people aren't willing to start civil wars to overthrow one unless the surrounding circumstances are terrible enough to be worth the risk.)

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

CptWedgie posted:

...Why does Dryad do that... can you call that a dance? I'm gonna call it a dance.

Dryad gets the wiggles whenever she(?) has self-confidence issues, which is always. (In her SNES incarnation, I thought she was swinging her knees back and forth...)

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

CptWedgie posted:

She is literally a tree. How did you get the idea that she had knees in the first place?

Because I didn't know she was a tree the first time I played (which was on the untranslated SNES cart, with a guide sitting next to me because I don't understand very much Japanese).

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

You are also guaranteed one ??? seed in each of the benevedon dungeons (which also guarantee one of each class change item when planted), so you could always dip into them to collect the treasure and run back out.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Magus outfit is very horny

That 90's Battle Bikini a e s t h e t i c. *mwah*

(And, oh, dear, I should not be lusting after the Dark/Whatever Duran's either, I'm old enough to be his mother!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, It's a bit late to be trying to get sympathy for Belladonna literally minutes before the final boss fight.

I don't think it's as much to get sympathy for Belladonna as to set up the boss as an even bigger bastard than he already was.