Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Different party but I am currently playing as well. I am also blind, having not even played the original for more than a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think you need to switch between party members more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would say just let them come to you as you go along.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dotchan posted:

Re: why Mintas was left alone--it's already Ferolian territory. With the human-hating part of the beastmen away on the front-lines, the more tolerant beastmen can live in harmony with their neighbors. (Though I forget how many of those in Mintas are actually humans, and how many untransformed beastmen)

I think all of them are untransformed Beastmen. As they remark on the party for being humans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

akkristor posted:

Hawkeye would be Royal if Flamekhan were actually a king.

Hawkeye is the grandson of Flamekhan. His mother, Falcon, was Flamekhan's daughter by his first wife. Jessica and Eagle are Flamekhan's children via his second wife. So Jessica is actually Hawkeye's aunt.

I thought this was only quasi canonical. And is for sure not mentioned in this game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CptWedgie posted:

Huh. I just did the "wake Angela up in Jadd" thing, and... turns out she has pointy ears. I never noticed that detail.

This, in turn, got me looking more closely at everyone else, and apparently everyone in this world has them.

Which is weird, cause I wonder what sets them apart from the Elves other then that they live longer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
1:Ice
2:Fire
3:Moon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
1. Nature
2. Ice
3. Earth

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CptWedgie posted:

Pretty sure it's explained in at least one route that the Darkstone got sent to Mavolia (Hell, for those of you not familiar with Mana lore) somehow, and the Dark Benevodon got dragged along with it. Probably involved a few human sacrifices to pull off, knowing this game.

Belladonna and Malocchio (Fun fact his name is Italian for Evil Eye. Taking after his JP name Earl of the Evil Eye) state earlier that his Dark Majesty used up his remaining power and died to send the Darkstone back to the human realm from Mavolia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Goremand meanwhile was "death eating man."

The villains in the original did not seem to have proper names.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 31, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Weeble posted:

I will always like the name Death Jester more than Goremand.

Anyway:

Nature
Light
Light

I like Goremand more. Cause it actually works as a clever translation of his name.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel you need to use Class Strikes more for your allies. There is never a shame in swapping.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dolan is charging the attack faster here clearly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Natural 20 posted:

So light spoiler, the Boss after this is going to be the Benevodon of Light which gives us two left!

If you could vote on which of the Ice and Earth Benevedons you'd rather I see first then I would be grateful!

Earth

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh I think you are going to catch up to the last Benevodon level wise. Like the original it was also the one that gave me the most trouble.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zable Fahr is still an awesome boss.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Weird Malocchio did not use some of his more dangerous attacks. Or in one case only used at the very end where it would not be very effective.

Also his poor adds. They really need more hp.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 12, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The hell you just said Faerie's Ability was not good. That is absurdly good. Recovering your MP every 10 seconds for the whole party is great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Natural 20 posted:

I don't want to support Lowtax at all if I can avoid it. Practically that means no more buying things from the forums, but also encouraging anyone supporting him on Patreon to stop and anyone else to also not buy anything. I'm fine posting here, it doesn't make me uncomfortable but I know that it does for some and I can absolutely accept that stance.

Here is hoping Lowtax is booted like the Modmins want.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man you killed Dragon Anise before she went into her super mode that makes her untargetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Heavy recommend for Bloodstained. I like it even better than Symphony. (Minus a few silly things. But I can live with them.)