Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Natural 20 posted:

Lise throws out debuffs on enemies as Hawk and Angela land alpha strikes to kill the enemies before they have a chance to react. With the removal of agility from the game, perhaps Hawkeye's magic power is dictated by his intelligence now?

It depends on the spell. "Trap" spells, e.g. dart, run on luck.

Healing goes off spirit, all of Angela's offensive spells go off INT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

There's a strawpoll, we're not doing the voting in the thread.

Pea posted:

- The game seems to go quite fast from village to village. I expected things to go a lot slower when I saw that using class strikes plays some sort of unskippable animation every time. Maybe because Nat20 only uses them sparingly?

Only your controlled character goes into locked animation mode during a class strike. The AI using class strikes happens in the background, so to speak.

E: in addition the CS gauge charges somewhat slowly.

Pea posted:

- Valsena's Hero King basing his looks on a deck of cards

Please notice me Caylus-senpai.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 6, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

No, that fight is simply badly designed.

The boss barrages you with strong fire spells requiring active dodges (by the way, you have a dodge button. Use it).
Meanwhile the floor is lava, adds keep spawning in, and the boss has also two "gently caress you"-sized AoEs. Plus status effects.
Seriously, both the vanilla bonus superboss and the new bonus superboss have less poo poo going on than this jerk gate.

In addition, the AI is simply BAD. AI Angela is the least bad of the bunch because she understands how to magic, even if her fire rate leaves something to be desired.
Apart from that, they have serious problems keeping up an offense, they barely understand dodging out of the red zones, they instead absolutely understand dodging INTO red zones, and they treat their CS gauge like it was a Megalixir. Man, this gives me flashbacks to WoW raiding :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bill and Ben are mostly fair actually.
Their worst thing is the multi-target jutsus next fight and the only gently caress you they have is the Resurrection. It's a big one, mind, but it can get a player at most once. Everything has proper tells and there's plenty of dodge space.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oh god the thread became a Control document.

There are 6 of those in chests, in each new dungeon (so not in Gusthall, you've already been there).
Once you have 6, plant them one at a time. There's an RNG protection that should prevent dupes, although from reports it doesn't seem to work for some people.

You need to keep the items you need until you have the three you want though, or the RNG protection stops working.

Farming them is not an option early on because enemies start dropping them after 4 cleared dungeons IIRC. I don't know what party level that puts you at, but at least 50.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 16, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Zurai posted:

Blame Tolkein.

In Tolkien elves that married humans got at least a standard human's lifespan. Keep in mind that humans with close elf ancestors could live to stupid ages, at least 300 if not more. Aragorn is 80 to 90 years old during the books.

E: I just checked. Elros, Elrond's brother, lived about 500 years

Arwen explicitly outlived Aragorn by one year, she died of broken heart, not anything mystical, and she hadn't really aged even after the marriage.

So I guess I can blame the fanfiction surrounding Tolkien?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 27, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think wound magic is what's dropping Angela's HP. Or that the AI can't dodge. Probably both.

Anyways, you might have noticed the purple shields during boss fights. Simply put, those need to be broken or the boss goes to town on you. As it happened on Dangaard.

Those shields don't exactly have a life bar. They take fixed damage that depends on the attack, so a long combo is good, class strikes level 2+ will destroy them from full health, and magic only does chip damage, no matter the caster or the elemental advantage.

Always prioritize breaking the purple shields.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Most bosses with super attacks in the ToM remake charge them faster and/or create more objects you have to destroy in order to stop them from using their attacks.

That does explain why I had the Crimson Wizard spawn I think 8 to 9 breakables in the final part of my fight with him.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kyrosiris posted:

This was not correct in any of my four playthroughs so far, so...

They're RNG. It's dumb and it sucks, but all these mystical claims about "oh well if you do exactly this you get no dupes" are the Mew under the truck of TYOOL 2020.

On the other hand, in two playthroughs I got exactly 6 unique class items out of 6 seeds, twice. There has to be some form of rng protection, although without looking at the source code I have no clue how it works.

Best hypothesis I heard is that only the 6 ??? seeds from the 6 dungeon chests get this rng protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Natural 20 posted:

Spoilers for the next episode.

But that is definitely not true. The only ??? seeds I got were from chests and I got a repeat on Magus.

So unless it's something as crazy as ??? seeds from Boss chests that haven't been used for class changes yet then it's probably just RNG.

The chance of getting 6 different items out of 6 seeds is about 1.5%. Twice in a row it's something stupid low like 0.025%. I could be an outlier (random is random and anecdote != data), but the thread in games has other people getting no dupes.

My full hypothesis:
_only the 6 chest seeds have rng protection;
_the protection checks current items and current seeds, but it doesn't check if a character is in a third tier class;

_thus, promoting people before having the three items you want may screw you over.