Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Oh god, this releases tomorrow? I'M NOT READY!

Also Angela FTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

My personal theory on the Benevodons was that their seal was designed to break when Mana power got too low, releasing them to destroy the world and allow the Goddess of Mana to remake it before Mana disappeared entirely, given enough time passing for Mana power to recover. This is acting under the assumption that Mana power is diminishing because of the overconsumption of Mana like we saw in Secret of Mana.

The ritual to control the Mana Stones power weakening the seals would basically cause the Benevodons to wake up early and go "Oh, is it Apocalypse O'clock already? Better get destroying!".

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I always preferred pairing Light Riesz with Dark Hawkeye. As for Angela, Light all the way.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Genova/Zehnoa was A TON harder in the remake than the OG. It was the only fight in the game i burned through all my available Grails. Fun as hell tho!

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Yeah, i'm pretty sure the Nevarl invasion was just to gain access to the Wind Stone, but the Darkshine Knight beat them to it.

Same with the Beastmen and Jadd. When we dropped the barrier to Wendel, they were likely able to reach the Light stone under the cover of invading Wendel.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Hawkeye and Riesz will totally end up together. Riesz is worried about Jessica, not realizing Jessica is actually Hawkeye's aunt.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Ultima66 posted:

It was interesting how much the real time choreographed attacks made some fights way easier/harder. Ludgar was actually really hard in SD3 and he's really not in this game, while any kind of boss fight with multiple totally independent bosses tends to be a massive clusterfuck in this game (both golem fights especially). I think this gets especially prominent later on, but any boss that just stops attacking you to make you whack some things while they charge up a big spell also gets a lot easier than if they just cast the spell without any counterplay like in the original.

On a totally not gameplay note: it's 2020 and replaying this game sort of made me do a double take when I realized almost every character is royalty. I guess part of it is that it's easier to actually think about the story when it's voice acted and the game is in 3d, but it is kind of hosed up how much fantasy as a whole pushes the whole monarchy as a society thing. It's especially bad here, since at least with most fantasy stories merely some of the main characters are princes or princesses, but here Duran, Angela, Riesz, and Kevin are all children of monarchs, Charlotte is the granddaughter of the pope, and Hawkeye isn't royalty but he's best friends with the prince and romantically interested in the princess.

Hawkeye would be Royal if Flamekhan were actually a king.

Hawkeye is the grandson of Flamekhan. His mother, Falcon, was Flamekhan's daughter by his first wife. Jessica and Eagle are Flamekhan's children via his second wife. So Jessica is actually Hawkeye's aunt.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

1: EARTH
2: FIRE
3: WIND
(WATER HEART!)

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I farmed those Wormwood demons in Nevarl for a while when i hit this point in the game to try to get ??? seeds. After about 20 minutes i had only 1.

Swapped to the Werewolves in Moon Tower afterwords, spent another 20 minutes or so and got 3 more.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I farmed 4 seeds from mobs then grabbed 2 seeds from chests.

Opened all 6 at once and got 1 of each class item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Shitenshi posted:

Anise the witch is a villain from one of the Mana games that came out after Sword, don't know which one. I think she's supposed to be some kind of major lore character, on par with the various iterations of the Dark Lich or Vandole. I'm guessing the events of whatever game it was happened before this one, since yeah, it would be weird for our protags to give this much of a poo poo about some random fuckhead looking to cause problems when there's way bigger fish to fry.

Anise, or a version of her, was the villain in Dawn of Mana and I think also Heroes of Mana.

This is going off memory, but I think she's basically the dark counterpart to the Goddess. As Mana power wanes, her power increases, and she (or copies of her) are periodically reborn. Unfortunately the Mana series does not have the most consistent lore.