Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
My vote's for Hawkeye, Duran, and Charlotte, preferably with Charlotte last, due to something I won't spoil (partly because I'm not sure I'm even remembering it correctly).

Not voting for Kevin because I've played him before in the fan-patch, not voting for Angela because cast times, and not voting for Riesz because, quite frankly, she doesn't interest me all that much.

...You know that someone's gonna vote for a Duran/Kevin/Hawkeye team at some point if they haven't already, right? Pretty sure that's the "all-out physical offense" party in the same way that Angela/Charlotte/Riesz is the "all-out magical offense" party.

Of course, I liked the original (which I hunted down because I played Secret), so I'll be following this LP regardless of team composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Pea posted:

Also, will the game ever explain why Riesz has an enormous rupee stuck in her forehead? :confused:

My guess? It's a tiara, with most of it hidden by her hair. I mean, she is a princess, after all, so she's kinda expected to accessorize.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Does this game employ some kind of level-based damage scaling or something? Because not only did those things seem to have absurd HP, but you also weren't doing much damage to them either.

In other words, I feel like part (but definitely not all) of the problem with the Machine Golem fight was just the fact that you were underlevelled.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Forgive me for being boring, but I'm gonna have to vote for Light Girls and Dark Hawkeye. Seems like the most balanced party to me.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Bliss Authority posted:

You may have overlooked a cactus in Palo Port.

Well, to be fair, I don't think 20 ever claimed to be particularly observant. Though walking straight past the cactus more than once, even looking right at it, and still missing it... is still pretty bad.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Slightly belated since I fell behind a bit on the videos, but... You'd think the Laurent soldiers would comment on Hawkeye's presence, since he's from Nevarl.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

EponymousMrYar posted:

And the only notable thing that grows in the immediate region is somnosa flowers. Real classy there ladies. Real classy.

This and the mention of only working once brings a thought to mind: Why the hell does Laurent not deliberately expose themselves to the flowers to immunize themselves? That's a hell of a weakness to leave unaddressed.

If I were there, I'd suggest dragging all the new recruits to the somnosa meadow... as a hazing ritual, if that's what it takes to convince them. Or plant a somnosa garden in the castle. Or SOMETHING that results in mass immunization being standard.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if it's just implied or outright stated, but I'm pretty sure the ninjas used the flowers in their invasion, which also justifies why some of them didn't fall asleep: Those are the ones who actually delivered the spores into Laurent, so they're immune.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Torrannor posted:

It's equally incomprehensible why the ninjas didn't immunize themselves after they took Laurent, but that's just one of many story loopholes. Why didn't Koren quickly finish off the Hero King? Why didn't the ninjas murder all amazons? There cannot have been that many amazons outside the castle. Instead the ninjas retreat for a bit, allowing a lot of the Laurentians to escape, and then they fully take the castle? Why do the beast men leave Jadd just because the Priest of Light put up a stronger barrier in the caves?

The ninjas not immunizing themselves can easily be explained with "they're being mind controlled by someone who doesn't actually need to keep the castle." I mean, why else would she just disappear as soon as she's done taunting you?

Koren doesn't finish off the Hero King because he's a cocky bastard who's just proven that the entire Valsena army isn't a threat to him, so obviously he can come back anytime he wants and finish the job.

The ninjas not finishing off all the amazons can probably be explained with "they're being mind controlled by someone who assumes they're not a threat and thus not worth bothering to finish them off." Belladonna certainly strikes me as that sort of villain.

The beastmen... I dunno, either "searching for an alternate route" or "wandered off to invade someone else while they're waiting for someone to open up the new barrier." Take your pick; they both seem pretty likely to me.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I might be misremembering, but I think it might be possible to revisit that volcano island later. I think I managed to go back there at one point while I was lost, at least; not sure if it was with the turtle thing or a future transportation method, though...

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
If Mad Mallards are present, does that mean you'll run into Captain Ducks somewhere too?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Pretty sure the reason the villains aim for people important to the protagonists for that spell is because using criminals wouldn't be EEEEVIL enough. I mean, the villains are all extremely sadistic, so it's pretty in-character for them to choose their sacrifices based on who would inflict the most suffering on everyone around them.

Seriously, Goremand, of all people, is probably the most pragmatic about that sort of thing (since he's willing to use random bystanders instead of hunting down your friends), and even he's clearly enjoying being an irredeemable villain. Everyone else... well, they go out of their way to be as evil as possible like it's some kind of villainy contest, and I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately wait near the Mana Stones for you to arrive just so they can taunt you with the "you're moments too late" thing. Probably comes with the fact that this is a remake of an SNES game...

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Well, picked up my own copy of ToM Remake last night; haven't had a chance to start it up, though, since I was just about to pass out. Anyway, planning to go with Duran and Angela, though I'm not 100% sure of the third one. My first thought was Kevin for Sabers, until I checked and it turned out that Kevin doesn't learn any that Duran can't. Doesn't mean I won't use him, though, just that my first reason to pick him is invalid.

Advice? Thoughts on class change paths?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

That was my first team. Light Duran and the other two went dark. Nothing stood a chance against me

Pretty sure I played Light Duran in the fan-patch; I know it's gonna be different just because I'll be playing the remake, but I still wanna switch it up a bit, so I'm strongly considering a Dark Duran this time.

Of course, Dark Duran means I'll be a bit short on healing, which (unfortunately for my ears) makes Charlotte a pretty strong contender for slot 3...

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...Wait a minute, I just realized: If Charlotte's mother turned into a human, how is Charlotte a half-elf?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Huh. I just did the "wake Angela up in Jadd" thing, and... turns out she has pointy ears. I never noticed that detail.

This, in turn, got me looking more closely at everyone else, and apparently everyone in this world has them.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Pretty sure my Angela's never getting targeted by anything... I mean, I've got Enigma on her, and Provoke on Duran. Her aggro rate is probably absurdly low with that combination (and I've wound up running from a miniature zombie apocalypse while my allies chase them down to attack a couple times, incidentally).

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Kinda snickering at the contrast between Shade and Lumina, especially Lumina talked immediately after Shade.

"I am all dramatic and whispery..."
"Hiya! Let's do the thing!"

Anyway, don't really care what order you do the bosses in, personally.

...Why does Dryad do that... can you call that a dance? I'm gonna call it a dance.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

dotchan posted:

(In her SNES incarnation, I thought she was swinging her knees back and forth...)

She is literally a tree. How did you get the idea that she had knees in the first place?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I decided to go with Charlotte for my third member (and was pleasantly surprised that she isn't as bad as I was afraid of; some of her lines have even gotten me snickering, like the time she told Duran and Angela to get a room). I'm pretty much caught up to the LP (playing pretty much literally every waking hour for two days straight will do that).

I've found that Dark Duran is... kind of ridiculously good. He might not be an offensive monster on par with Kevin or Hawkeye at baseline, but he's absurdly tanky. Like, I'm only slightly higher level than Nat (pretty sure I'm at 39-ish as of this post?), and he's already got nearly 700 HP (666 last time I looked)... without any boosts. Plus he's got Provoke to make enemies target him more often, and a "regain 10% HP on kill" ability to keep him topped off. His offensive shortcomings can be compensated for with his Sabers, and he's got a support skill in his Dark classes which makes his Sabers more expensive to cast, but gives him a 15% damage boost while they're active for a bit of extra kick. Combine all that with him being the character I control most of the time and the ability to regain MP by hitting things (borrowed from Angela, of course), and he approaches "perpetual motion machine" levels of sustainability, while maintaining an excellent offense.

Angela is... well, Angela. Only real thing to make note of with her is that I decided to unlock as many spells as possible as soon as I could, so I learned basically all her tier 1 spells before I even unlocked their respective elementals; however, I've only started learning the + versions recently, since I was too busy learning the next spell to improve what I'd already unlocked. The tradeoffs of foreknowledge, I guess. Oh, and I'm not using that "spells cost HP but are stronger" skill on mine because, quite frankly, the AI has enough trouble staying alive without adding self-inflicted damage to its problems.

Dark Charlotte... seems like she could be pretty fun to play, actually. Her summons certainly seem to hold up even with Angela's spells exploding everything, and her healing spells make a decent safety net in case I run out of healing during a bad fight. I might actually pick her as the leader in my next run.

I've pretty much decided I'll be going Dark-Light for everyone; unless they've changed the spell lists around, that should give me the biggest possible coverage for Sabers (literally everything but Light castable at will), and I can use items for Light Saber if I need to.

Bit of a tip in combat: Even after class change, my favorite strategy is "spam the knockdown attack until they stagger or fall, then use the standard combo until they get back up, repeat until dead." It's kinda hard for enemies to fight back when they're too busy being on the wrong end of an impromptu game of Whack-A-Mole. Of course, if you don't wanna cheese the generic enemies, you don't need to follow my example.

Regarding that cutscene at the end of the latest update: I'm pretty sure that Faerie was right in front of your entire party; how did they not see whoever took her?! Did your partners just spontaneously stop existing for the duration of that event?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I've beaten a couple Benevodons, and am currently trying to calm myself down after a TPK on my third. On the lowest difficulty. When I outlevelled him.

Basically, brace yourself. Benevodons do NOT play fair.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Bruceski posted:

How it was stopped is unknown but the Darkstone disappeared with it.

Pretty sure it's explained in at least one route that the Darkstone got sent to Mavolia (Hell, for those of you not familiar with Mana lore) somehow, and the Dark Benevodon got dragged along with it. Probably involved a few human sacrifices to pull off, knowing this game.

Anyway, I'm gonna vote like this:
1. Light
2. Earth
3. Ice

Incidentally, right now the only Benevodon I haven't beaten yet is Nature. Ice was a chump that I roflstomped before I got the items for my second class changes, with training points unassigned. I kinda overcompensated after losing to Moon, though, so I'm pretty massively overlevelled now. Looking forward to a run that isn't 20-ish levels above the bosses!

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yeah, you're going through healing items stupidly fast, which is exactly why I don't use Wound Magic. Especially since, thanks to the game's reluctance to drop Angela's ultimate helmet for me, I wound up higher level than nearly every enemy in the entire game, and would thus do more damage to myself than the enemies do if I equipped it.

Anyway, Dangaard is rough, true, but he wasn't the one who killed me (though I have loaded a few times to end fights when it became clear I was losing because why bother continuing when the outcome's clear?). I'll say who and how when the video for it is posted.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yeah, Xan Bie was rough for me too. At least until I showed up with a level 60 team with their second class changes; that kinda takes the challenge out of the Benevodons. That said, it still wasn't the one that managed to kill me.

In other news, I beat the bonus boss today. Being level 80 certainly helped on that front (those seeds really didn't want to give me Angela's helmet). As for rewards... well, I won't spoil it in case Nat wants to fight it, but I've been trying (very unsuccessfully) not to cackle at just how ludicrously overpowered the ability it gave me is.

I also beat the Dragon Lord, but that's not too surprising.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Been taking care of some things to get as close to 100% as I can (I missed a couple things) before my next run. One of those things, incidentally, was grinding my team to level 99, because level 80 apparently isn't overpowered enough. Incidentally, Dark-Light Angela is pretty drat good for grinding as long as you can keep her MP up, since she learns an instant death spell.

Also, since I don't have anything I need to use seeds for anymore, I've accumulated a rather large collection of them; I've even capped both Gold and ??? seeds. Similarly, my team has been nagging me to go shopping because there is nothing left to spend money on (I have literally every buyable piece of equipment in the game, and my consumables are capped too) and I am thus a millionaire.

I'll hold off on saying more until it becomes relevant; just figured I should mention that I was about to restart. Question is, should I go with Angela to get the Dragon Lord route out of the way (if I do this, #3 will probably be Hawkeye), or start a different team for variety?

After using Charlotte for an entire playthrough, I'll say that the only character I'm not likely to enjoy is, rather contrarily, Riesz; I always found her boring, and her voice acting in the remake just makes her worse in my eyes.

Of course, Duran's the only character I have no plans on using as a leader in future runs, for obvious reasons. I'll try to get around to playing as everyone at least once, but, as mentioned, I have no expectation of enjoying my Riesz run (or, to a lesser extent, my Hawkeye run, because paired characters).

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
On the topic of bloodthirsty Angela: One of her win quotes is "That was EXHILARATING!" so there's some evidence of that actually being true.

Anyway, I kept promising to tell which Benevodon managed to kill me and how, and it's time to deliver: If you don't destroy that moon Dolan summons, it reduces your entire party to single-digit HP. He followed up with an attack that hits the entire arena while I was lying on the ground from that (that Pummel thing that he died before actually using in this video launches a wall-to-wall shockwave that sweeps the arena). Kind of a cheap shot, really; it took me about a day to calm down afterwards, and I've already mentioned how I overcompensated when I started playing again.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Shitenshi posted:

I know Duran's Swordmaster class was rendered as Edelfrei for the Collection translation, and I imagine it's the same here.

Yup, he's an Edelfrei here too.

Kyrosiris posted:

:catstare: I killed him before he ever used that.

Controlling Angela and spamming Lucent Beam+ solves a lot of problems. Both Hawkeye and Angela are so much better when controlled because the AI casts glacially slow otherwise.

I have no idea why, but for some reason it seemed to charge up a lot faster the time it actually worked on me, and I was halfway across the arena at the time so I couldn't attack it until it was already like half-charged (and before anyone says anything about class strikes: Duran had already used his entire gauge, and I can't micromanage well enough to swap characters on the fly). Only explanation I can come up with is the charge-up super-moves charging up faster when the boss is at lower HP.

Incidentally, Dark Angela doesn't learn Lucent Beam at all, so your solution is completely irrelevant to me aside from the fact that I've already beaten the game. That said, her casting habits are bad in other ways, too; aside from how she doesn't cast enough, her choice of spells is sometimes suboptimal. I mean, she's pretty good at targeting weaknesses, but if she's got a guaranteed one-hit-kill spell she should be spamming that on everything it works on, right?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean you can sub out LB+ for whatever AoE tier 2 spell you have access to and it should be comparable-ish. One of her dark class 3s gets access to AoE tier 2s, right?

Something else I neglected to mention: I had NOBODY at class 3 at the time. I'd already decided to go Dark-Light for everyone, and I only had Dark-Dark items. Which doesn't completely excuse me, I'm sure, but at least means your "AoE tier 2 spell" thing wasn't a consideration either.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Started my second run. Decided to go with Angela - Duran - Hawkeye for my team. Progress is significantly faster than the first one, for... reasons. Reasons which can wait until Nat finishes the LP.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

akkristor posted:

I farmed 4 seeds from mobs then grabbed 2 seeds from chests.

Opened all 6 at once and got 1 of each class item.

:same: on my first run (albeit with the numbers reversed). Granted, my second isn't far enough for that to be a consideration yet; I just finished Beuca before getting too tired to play, and I haven't had a chance to start it up yet today.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Finally got around to watching #30, and I've got an explanation for why Angela sometimes shouts her "that was exhilarating" line after battle: Each character has a specific line for finishing the battle with a class strike, and that happens to be hers. Took a bit of experimentation (read: "wiping out entire groups with my AOE class strikes to save time") for me to figure it out, though.

For Random Buff, I'm guessing that the name is more indicative of what it does; I'm assuming that if you cast a buff on someone, it adds a random extra buff to the same target. Well, either that, or you buff a teammate and get a random buff for doing so; that makes sense too. Anyway, it seems Riesz's Light classes are all focused almost entirely on buffs and passive support, though how that manifests varies.

I think the fact that some shops sell multiple pieces of equipment of the same type would probably be due to the class change system; the stronger ones are the ones that're locked to your upgraded class, while the weaker ones can be used even in your base class- something of that nature sounds about right.

The Blaze Barrette came from an Item Seed. I got like 6 of them while trying for Angela's helmet.

I'm kinda wondering why you're keeping 5 of an accessory when you only get 3 party members... I mean, what's the point of the spares?

The Magic Tezlas were debuffing your Max HP... or at least attempting to.

I feel like Riesz just has a terrible Weak-Weak-Weak-Weak-Strong combo; Duran's is quick, simple, and almost as powerful as Cross Cut.

Anyway, if the poll's still open for which Benevodon to hunt next, I'm gonna vote Earth, just so I can see if Ice is any less pathetic if you do it last as opposed to first.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

I dunno, I think I could use all of the upgrades from the two cat vendors at least before I class changed. I had to wait a while because I got only like 1 or 2 actual drops, and had to get most of them from chests.

Yeah, Duran's was pretty good, although like most of his other combos that weren't Y-X I pretty much exclusively used it on foes who were knocked down.

Er, do you mean before your second class change or the first one? Because I meant "the class you start the game in," as in "before your first class change." Just to make sure we're both talking about the same thing here.

Anyway, as for the combo thing: Same here, really; the basic knockdown attack's kind of overpowered. Not in the "too much damage" sense, of course, since you start out with it, but in the "knockdown is kind of a broken mechanic and this lets you use it way too easily" sense.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

SettingSun posted:

The Cat vendors sell gear tailored to whichever side you picked for your first class change. This is mostly a theme/flavor thing, and something they imported directly from the original.

I kinda suspected it when I posted the thing on why vendors sell two weapons for the same character, but hadn't confirmed it since I hadn't reached class change territory yet and thus refrained from saying so.

I have confirmed it since then, though, since I'm using Liege Duran this time instead of Edelfrei, and he's getting different equipment this time. (I kept my old save in case I want to play with my old party sometime.)

Of course, I've also compared the stats on equipment between saves, and the Dark classes seem to get stronger gear for some reason.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Funny thing about that "pry the gems out and sell them" thing? Duran actually suggests doing that. Too bad the game won't let you; that'd fix your money woes all at once.

Another alternative to the whole "wait, which button activates which attack again?" thing in my experience? Change the control scheme. I mean, it'll mess up the displayed buttons basically everywhere, and you might need a bit of time to get used to it, but having things set up so the buttons activate the abilities that correspond to their respective directions really helps, I feel.

Judging from the experience he gives, Land Umber is meant to be one of the first few Benevodons you fight; the ones that give more experience are probably balanced on the assumption that you've gotten all your characters their second class changes.

Anyway, just finished my second run; next I'll be sucking up my distaste for her to do a Riesz run. I've already decided who my teammates will be, too: Hawkeye due to shared story, and Kevin because I've already used Angela twice in a row and need some more variety in my lineup.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I've never seen the Water Benevodon's charge-up attack; I always had too easy of a time breaking the icicles no matter how many it dropped or what order I fought the Benevodons in. And the attack itself is... kind of a let-down; it's just a giant Spike Freeze? :effort:

But anyway, that thing didn't look any harder than starting with it to me; I utterly destroyed it without anyone even using their second class changes, and I bet I could do it again no matter what order I fight them in (aside from the obvious issue of actually getting that far in the first place). Of course, I feel like Duran's a better character than Riesz, but that's just me (and my "charge in and rip things apart" strategy); I don't really do support spells unless they've got other effects attached, generally speaking.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I'm willing to bet that you only get to meet Duran's father when you're actually using Duran. I mean, it's not like anyone else would recognize him, right?

Is anyone surprised in the least that the Darkstone is in the final dungeon regardless of route? Because I'm not.

After my playthrough with a Light Angela, I'd have to say that, despite Dark's advantage in pure power, Light might be a better choice for her just because there're so many enemies weak to Light, whereas there aren't nearly as many that're weak to Dark from what I've seen, and the ones that exist aren't even as strong as the Light-weak ones most of the time.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yeah, Malocchio feels like he exists for the sole purpose of filling out the boss list; you could write him out entirely and it wouldn't change the story in the least. All the other lieutenants at least have a connection to your party, and frequently actually contribute to the overall plot too.

Crimson Wizard? Brainwashed Angela's mother and invaded Valsena twice.
Darkshine Knight? He's the corrupted ghost of Duran's father.
Goremand? Used magic to force Kevin to murder his only friend, and kidnapped Heath right in front of Charlotte.
Heath? Charlotte's corrupted crush/obsession.
Belladonna? Brainwashed the entire Nevarl Thieves' Guild, conquered Laurent, and took Riesz's family from her.
Malocchio? He just shows up to taunt you once or twice, then suddenly appears as the Mavolia faction's de facto second-in-command.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Finished my Riesz run and started a Charlotte - Kevin - Angela run. Mostly because I dislike Riesz enough that I want a break from her before doing Hawkeye; I mean, I refused to control her- I mostly used Kevin, but sometimes I played as Hawkeye too. Hating her voice (and her script) didn't really help, either.

Something I forgot from my first playthrough: When you're leaving Maia for the first time, Charlotte starts crying and talking about going home when she hears about how the Priest of Light is sick, and another party member (in my case Angela, in both runs) comforts her. This has led me to the conclusion that Angela would make a surprisingly good mother, though that's not really relevant to anything outside of fanfiction.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Catching up after hibernating for like a week. My main comment on #38 is... When are these idiots going to learn not to provoke the guys who're prophesied to annihilate them? That just gives them an excuse, and thus never ends well.

Also, a comment on Faerie's dialogue in general: She's cheesier than a place that mass-produces the stuff.

You'd think they'd shorten His Dark Majesty to something like "Dark King" instead of using the full title every time he's mentioned.

You don't just get a bonus for playing the Duran/Angela route, you get an entirely different ending scene (since what you saw here plays when you finish Dragonsmaw instead on their route).

Additional criticism regarding the game's difficulty: When the player has more trouble fighting a door than the last boss, there's something wrong.

Surprise, they added a postgame quest! Now load up that save file and get working on it.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
To be fair on how they implemented the postgame content: It's not like they could place it after the Tree was destroyed, because then you wouldn't have Faerie (who does your class changes for you), you wouldn't be able to use magic (both because the elementals cast them for you and because magic flat-out doesn't exist anymore), and... well, generally, you wouldn't have any options at all.

It kinda irritates me that landing Flammie in Valsena starts you off facing exactly the opposite direction from what you'd expect. I've gotten sidetracked more than once by that.

The way they pronounce Grand Croix bothers me. I mean, what language is it that pronounces that sequence of letters as "kwah?" And why would they pair it with a Grand that's actually pronounced the way it looks to an English-speaker?

In my Riesz run, I'm pretty sure I did her Class 4 quest last just to spite her.

Frankly, I'm bothered by the name Class 4 (which I can accept because... well, that's exactly what it is, isn't it?) less than I am by the names of the class items. "Loyal Sphere" for a guy whose most defining moment in this game is arguably when he betrays everyone he's ever known because he doesn't agree with what they're doing? "Kind Sphere" as a source of combat power at all? "Instinct Sphere" for a guy who tries to suppress his more violent instincts? At least Duran and Angela have perfectly logical class items (Valor Sphere for the guy who goes around swording everything, Sage Sphere for the girl who goes around magic'ing everything), and the Hope Sphere makes sense as a source of power even if I'm not quite clear on how it relates to Charlotte.

Why do they say "crowning ceremony" instead of "coronation?" Coronation sounds more natural and means the same thing. (Not to mention how, going by Heroes, Riesz's parents founded Laurent and thus there was no time to start a tradition of any description...)

Anyone remotely used to Trials should've expected the boss's existence, though the nature of the boss seems pretty drat phoned in; I mean, its model is literally just a giant version of a generic enemy- what's so impressive about that? At least put us up against the ghost of her mother testing her worthiness or something.

The Cactus prize you just got displays closed chests on the map and also tells you how many times you've found Li'l Cactus in the area out of how many times it appears there. Spoilered just in case you want to figure it out yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Hawkeye's Class 4 boss is thematically appropriate considering how you find it, but still incredibly lazy design-wise. I mean, it's a giant version of a preexisting enemy again. Not all that impressive or interesting.

It's an interesting detail how Eagle keeps pausing during the message, almost like he's fighting the urge to spill the beans on how, exactly, they're really related.

Given the context of the quest, it's not surprising that there's a scene if you go back to Nevarl; in fact it'd raise more questions if there wasn't.

At least Angela gets an interesting boss fight for her Class 4 quest. It even makes thematic sense: You have to fight yourself in Class 4 in order to unlock Class 4... in other words, "prove you can handle this power and you get to use it."

For the record, on the assumption that Nat won't be showing us any future playthroughs, I'll go through the other characters' Class 4 bosses right now: Duran fights a 1v1 rematch against Loki's ghost, after a brief pause to re-humiliate Bruiser (his tutorial enemy). Kevin fights the Beast King, one-on-one- interestingly enough, his Light Class 4 is also called Beast King. And Charlotte fights a giant zombie, with help from the whole party. I put them in spoilers in case Nat (or another reader) wants to go into those fights blind when he gets around to using those characters.