Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015

magikid posted:

You people almost voted her onto the team, in this game where characters never stop talking.

In the remake (and probably the original, since the remake is extremely faithful in regard to dialogue) it's mostly your main and secondary characters doing the talking in conversations. Since you usually take Carlie as the third character (to have a full party earlier), she won't contribute much outside of specific character dialogue you always get (e.g. when you meet her first) and the stuff the remake added (combat dialogue, random banter).

Shitenshi posted:

I'm curious how this version will handle the more risque elements

I don't know about that npc you mentioned, but they stuck closely to the original outfit artwork.

Original Magus Artwork: https://mana.fandom.com/wiki/Angela?file=Angela_Magus.png
Remake Magus Outfit: https://mana.fandom.com/wiki/Angela?file=ToM-Angela_%28Magus%29.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015

Shitenshi posted:

I was referring more how in the original when she's in the Jadd prison, her seduction involves her straight up mooning the beastman guard with enough 16-bit nudity to make every Christian fundie in the 90s clutch their pearls
That scene *is* very suggestive. As in the original she asks the beastman to help her change her clothes. However, there is no additional nudity other than what her outfit already shows.
I remember there were some complaints about one of her techs being changed. I haven't played her light classes much (and neither used her techs a lot, since magic is usually just as strong) so I can't confirm or deny that.

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015

Shitenshi posted:

Haven't played this version Nat, but re: the Black Rabite I've read he's somewhere at the entrance of the cavern leading to the Dark Castle.

Once the final dungeon (Dark Castle, Dragon Hole, Mirror Palace) is cleared, a black rabite statue should appear at the entrance of either the final dungeon or the area prior to it. It teleports you close to the place where the black rabite is located.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, as a setpiece and a narrative idea it's great. It could've used a mini boss or two to jazz the place up though, and let you really flex your Class 4 muscles.

I loved the aestetics of the post-game dungeon but it really could have used more bosses. Doing it the first time was fine, but having to do it again in NG+ makes it an annoying slog.