Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Excited to see the game being LP'ed. Played the fan translation back in the day but this boss is as far as I got before getting bored.
Personally, Chawwotte's accent doesn't bother me in the least. Riesz shouting "Stay true!" every 3 attacks or so on the other hand has been getting on my nerves since ep. 2. :argh:
It's not Riesz' character, just the attack shouts in general that bother me to no end. For some reason "Stay true!" feels the most annoying to me.

Also, will the game ever explain why Riesz has an enormous rupee stuck in her forehead? :confused:

Pea fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

Commander Keene posted:

Voting Riesz Rune Maiden, Hawkeye Ranger, and Angela Delvar.
Seconding this vote because it's not the bog standard "traditional" party and also not the same party as the previous LP.

What struck me in the last update:
- Level ups seem to come and go very fast.
- The game seems to go quite fast from village to village. I expected things to go a lot slower when I saw that using class strikes plays some sort of unskippable animation every time. Maybe because Nat20 only uses them sparingly?
- The jarring moment when the party lands facing the camera and then magically gets switched around for optimal panty shot angle. drat it Japan! :argh:
- Valsena's Hero King basing his looks on a deck of cards

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

Bliss Authority posted:

You may have overlooked a cactus in Palo Port.
I'm happy I'm not the only one who noticed that. :v:

It's probably down to us spectators not having to focus on controlling the characters, which makes it easier to spot things in the background which may get filtered out when you're playing the game yourself.

Other things Nat20 missed:
- a chest on the road to Wendel (next to a tree on the left, after leaving the cave)
- ran straight past Duran in Valsena castle to get to the Machine Golem boss fight in the next room
- he also missed a chest in the town of Valsena. Unless he got it in the latest update? (It was under an overhang of one of the houses bordering the square with the statue of Hero King)
- Wondering if there's a way to get to a chest when the minimap showed another route to get there.

The list will only get longer as the LP goes on but that's ok. Showing off the game as if we were playing ourselves is more interesting in my opinion than watching Nat20 hunt for every item in the game. Half of them will probably go unused anyway.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

People posted:

You missed a thing, Natural 20.
This answers the question in the thread title, I suppose. :smug:

On another note: It seems a bit cynical to have the party mention that fighting low level enemies is a waste of their time. Especialy given how level grinding is needed in quite a few JRPGs.
Perhaps they implemented the bonus xp to avert this? Or was this present in the original SNES game as well?

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
That certainly was an episode. :stonk:

New Angela gave me flashbacks of "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" :iia:

Maybe the AI companions being on All-Out-Attack strategy caused at least part of the deaths?

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Just go with the flow, Natural20. When in doubt, channel your inner Yorkshire Tea. What would they do?

Think of it this way: Farming is boring to watch. Editing videos to cut out all the farming is just extra work for you. Which, I assume, would also be boring to do.
Even if you like editing or don't have to edit the episodes yourself, would farming really add anything other than extra time to make the game easier?

In conclusion, not farming is how it is done in Laurent. Stay true, Nat20. :frogc00l:

Pea fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
1. Earth
2. Ice
3. Light

Unrelated: Did they ever explain why there is no Benevodon linked to Shade? It seems weird to me that there are 8 elementals, but only 7 Benevodons.