Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Natural 20 posted:

Ah the, "explode the unbelievers with ludicrous amounts of magic damage" party.

When you have multiple orbital death cannons, every problem starts to look like... a nail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, one of the games I only got halfway through apparently had Malevodons and their good counterparts, Benevodons, The Benes were the guys who show up in this game. So the name was kinda locked in.

Some sort of comment from Faerie about "people used to call them Benevodons, but they seem pretty malevolent to me!" would have tied that bow up pretty well imo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

This game's story is exquisitely campy, and I don't understand anyone who doesn't appreciate the campiest character of all appweciate the campiest chawactew of aww.

It's hard to read. I don't mind it spoken but trying to read and parse it can be annoying.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

And, good news for perfectionists, at level 99 you have juuuuuuuuuust enough training points to max out each stat

Is that counting the expanded trees that come with Class 4?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This party can't really sustain dark Angela's gimmick well, so Light/Dark/Light IMO.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bil and Ben were about 10000x easier in this version because they do not react to literally every screen freezer ever by removing your spine by way of your mouth.

I no-damage-bonused it on both playthroughs. :smugdog:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Weeble posted:

Not exactly.

If you have six seeds (and have not used any/changed anyone to third class), and plant all 6 at the same time you are guaranteed one of each item.

This is not at all the case. I did this in all three playthroughs and got duplicates every time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

CptWedgie posted:

Anyway, I kept promising to tell which Benevodon managed to kill me and how, and it's time to deliver: If you don't destroy that moon Dolan summons, it reduces your entire party to single-digit HP.

:catstare: I killed him before he ever used that.

Controlling Angela and spamming Lucent Beam+ solves a lot of problems. Both Hawkeye and Angela are so much better when controlled because the AI casts glacially slow otherwise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I mean you can sub out LB+ for whatever AoE tier 2 spell you have access to and it should be comparable-ish. One of her dark class 3s gets access to AoE tier 2s, right?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

From what I've heard (and this matches my experience at least), the game won't give you dupes of a class change item you have in your inventory until you have one of every item for each character you're using. Class changing Hawkeye and Angela before Riesz was actually kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

This was not correct in any of my four playthroughs so far, so...

They're RNG. It's dumb and it sucks, but all these mystical claims about "oh well if you do exactly this you get no dupes" are the Mew under the truck of TYOOL 2020.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, as a setpiece and a narrative idea it's great. It could've used a mini boss or two to jazz the place up though, and let you really flex your Class 4 muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

CptWedgie posted:

And maybe make it like half as long; it's kind of a slog as is.

I feel like the slog factor is partially based on that it's just a minion grinder. If you took out the jumping puzzle and teleport maze and just made it "these are the world's kingdoms bereft of Mana's gift and suffering the fate of the heroes' fall", with mini-bosses for the zones that represent your characters to break it up, it'd be a lot better IMO.