Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

Neutral minion 4 mana 5/5 Battlecry: "Discover a card from your opponent's deck. They draw theirs as well"

Wow this is cool. It gives plenty of info on their deck too.

using this with Shenanigans is going to be amazing

2 mana 2/3 neutral beast Frenzy: Deal 3 damage to the enemy hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

AnacondaHL posted:

especially with what we've seen of Paladin so far, this is gonna be good

There’s also now
3 Mana 3/4
If you control a Secret, draw a Minion
for Paladin

Also
1 mana 1/1
Draw a Holy Spell

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Another watch post card

Far Watch Post
2 mana 2/4
Can't attack. After your opponent draws a card, it costs (1) more (up to 10).

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Julio Cruz posted:

using this with Shenanigans is going to be amazing

That wouldn't do anything

You play it into their Shenanigans: you still get your card because you didn't draw it

They play it into your Shenanigans: see above

You play it into your Shenanigans: secrets don't activate on your turn

They play it into their Shenanigans: see above

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

the MTQs are gonna be a shitshow this weekend with literally 0 days to prepare :lmao: can't wait

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Color Printer posted:

That wouldn't do anything

this is a good point

drat I was hoping for a combo murderer deck

3 mana Priest Shadow spell Lifesteal Deal 4 damage split among all enemy minions

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 22, 2021

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

God, Hero Power Mage actually looks kind of terrifying, looking at all the cards for it now

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Julio Cruz posted:

this is a good point

Well, there's still at least card burn potential.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm surprised. Not one hunter card looks like irredeemable garbage!

Wound Prey looks like a really flexible card. On the Hunt on suicide watch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gandlethorpe posted:

Another watch post card

Far Watch Post
2 mana 2/4
Can't attack. After your opponent draws a card, it costs (1) more (up to 10).

Aww that “Up tp 10” part is a bummer, otherwise you could make their 10 cost card cost 11 with that minion that discovers a card from their deck.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
2 mana 1/3 Priest minion At the start of your turn, copy a spell from your opponent's deck to your hand

8 mana Priest Holy spell Give a minion +3/+5. Costs (1) less for each spell in your hand

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Confirmed by a dev.

https://twitter.com/themattlondon/status/1374018202657648641

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'm quite looking forward to all these changes, should shake up the game a lot.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

In the same set they printed Cutterbutter they also printed a 3 mana Gadgetzan Auctioneer lmfao

Field Contact 3 mana 3/2: After you play a Battlecry or Combo card, draw a card

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Guess who's back ...

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

mcbexx posted:

Guess who's back ...

OH poo poo

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Obviously a bit weaker cause you only get one Frenzy tick per Patron,

still though, 4 mana Patron makes me raise an eyebrow.

Also a poo poo ton better than the Rumble Patron :lol:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Frenzy has got to be the most lopsided expansion mechanic. Only three classes outside of warrior get a specific card, and it's just one for each.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm surprised Hunter didn't get at least one more. Like, is it difficult to think of animals that do something crazy when threatened? I really liked someone's custom card that was an armadillo with frenzy: gain divine shield.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I am bad at deckbuilding but Beast Hunter looks like it may end up being a thing.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

Frenzy has got to be the most lopsided expansion mechanic. Only three classes outside of warrior get a specific card, and it's just one for each.

I'm not at all versed in WOW lore, does that mean frenzy is a horde mechanic? Does that mean there will be an alliance mechanic in the next expac?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So this is how Kazakus 2.0 will work:
Looks pretty versatile.

Step one is the mana cost for the golem, 1, 5 or 10 mana (corresponds with HP/Attack)

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 22, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lol at grave moss + firebloom.

I imagine rush or lifesteal will be the picks the majority of the time. What's the statline on the golem?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No Wave posted:

Lol at grave moss + firebloom.

I imagine rush or lifesteal will be the picks the majority of the time. What's the statline on the golem?

Corresponding to the mana cost, 1/1, 5/5, 10/10.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Some of those combos look amazing. Mainly poison/lifesteal with damage, but freeze, boardbuff, and copy (with rush) are good as well. If you only get to choose from 3 at a time, though, it won't be too reliable getting something specific. Still probably more good outcomes than bad. Should be fun to play with, but the requirement is pretty hefty.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

EXTRA. DECK. SLOTS. :toot:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GTO posted:

I'm not at all versed in WOW lore, does that mean frenzy is a horde mechanic? Does that mean there will be an alliance mechanic in the next expac?

I guess Warrior has always been the most “Horde” class in Hearthstone, and Frenzy just plays really well into their kind of play style already (Whirlwind, Enrage etc)

That said if they make something strong for Paladins next expansion I won’t complain.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Cart posted:

EXTRA. DECK. SLOTS. :toot:

This is the best change, tbh.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I guess Warrior has always been the most “Horde” class in Hearthstone, and Frenzy just plays really well into their kind of play style already (Whirlwind, Enrage etc)

That said if they make something strong for Paladins next expansion I won’t complain.

Honestly I thought that Barrens was going to focus on Shaman support, and the Alliance would focus on Paladin since they were originally the two faction-locked classes.

Cant Ride A Bus fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 22, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

Oh my god All Spell Mage might be a thing again

4 mana spell "Draw 2 cards. Regain 2 mana crystals for each spell drawn"

All Spell mage is still currently a thing, because Apexis and Font of Power are still in standard, Also Incanter's Flow so your whole deck is cheaper. At least for me - I've been playing C'thun Spell Mage since DMF came out.

So I see how the Mage HP package is to come together. I still reckon Coldarra Drake doesn't fit into it, at least not for activating mordresh. Wildfire could be good if the game is just slow enough that you can spend 2 mana to do nothing, but in the long run getting it up to 3 damagae, or higher with discovered spells, will actually be an effective theme. And it makess the minion that fires your Hero power good to save to have an almost flamestrike. Like for Jan'alai, the thing was about how esy to activate it was. I think you really only needed the spirit and the 1 mana minion in Rumble to get it done. Now for this, you have some longer term HP buffs and a minion that will basically activate mordresh by itself.

With the massive cut in cards, I wonder what minions Ill be seeing a lot of when I Font of Power for 3.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There is gonna be another mini-set of 30-ish cards, where they may add more frenzy cards (and actual deathrattles for demon hunters :v:)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Paladin has all the villain cards for this expansions theme. As is correct. But otherwise, the theme of the barrens is kind of weak. Sure, yeah nostalgia. But it's a low level zone so nothing exciting really happens there. At least it's got a nice aesthetic I guess. If the next expansion follows the villain faction from wow, it could go either one of two ways, it goes to a villain mid level zone, which would be more of a contested zone so we can have some more horde there, or it's going to arathi basin - because there was some talk that the last expansion would be alterac valley. I doubt the latter, since they would probably have had more warsong gulch stuff going on, which is what I would have expected for a year theme around Horde v Alliance stuff. Maybe the mini-expansions will be WSG, or maybe it will be Wailing Caverns. Or maybe it'll be something unrelated because they seem to not care about thematics too much - a lot of the cards seem generic theme to me. The next one could be Arathi highliands with arathi basin tie in, but I doubt it. The teaser is just too generic for the second expansion, which seems fitting if it's alliance themed.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Well the last expansion of the year is clearly Atlerac Valley themed, like it’s probably the most obvious theme I’ve ever seen from a preview.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Turns out Tauren Guardian was fake(The 6 mana 8/8 Druid taunt that summoned minions for your opponent). Ok good, not sure why you’d make a fake that’d be disproved immediately but okay you got me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Well the last expansion of the year is clearly Atlerac Valley themed, like it’s probably the most obvious theme I’ve ever seen from a preview.

Yeah, that one's clear.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if Expansion 1 is the iconic Horde leveling area, what would the iconic Alliance leveling area be for Expansion 2? Darkshore? Elwynn Forest? Maybe they can just do Eastern Kingdoms in general.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

So if Expansion 1 is the iconic Horde leveling area, what would the iconic Alliance leveling area be for Expansion 2? Darkshore? Elwynn Forest? Maybe they can just do Eastern Kingdoms in general.

It’s gonna be Westfall and they’ll reprint Edwin in the mini-set :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sad they shot down the idea of community events where you can choose which years are in play.

Amoeba102 posted:

Paladin has all the villain cards for this expansions theme. As is correct. But otherwise, the theme of the barrens is kind of weak. Sure, yeah nostalgia. But it's a low level zone so nothing exciting really happens there. At least it's got a nice aesthetic I guess. If the next expansion follows the villain faction from wow, it could go either one of two ways, it goes to a villain mid level zone, which would be more of a contested zone so we can have some more horde there, or it's going to arathi basin - because there was some talk that the last expansion would be alterac valley. I doubt the latter, since they would probably have had more warsong gulch stuff going on, which is what I would have expected for a year theme around Horde v Alliance stuff. Maybe the mini-expansions will be WSG, or maybe it will be Wailing Caverns. Or maybe it'll be something unrelated because they seem to not care about thematics too much - a lot of the cards seem generic theme to me. The next one could be Arathi highliands with arathi basin tie in, but I doubt it. The teaser is just too generic for the second expansion, which seems fitting if it's alliance themed.

The mercenaries are all lame, how does paladin have villain-y cards?

RatHat posted:

People theorized Lordaeron since it had cherry blossoms, and the iconic scene with those in warcraft is there.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 22, 2021

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Now that all the cards have been revealed, I decided to open up the new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962926&pagenumber=1#lastpost

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Acerbatus posted:

I'm sad they shot down the idea of community events where you can choose which years are in play.

People theorized Lordaeron since it had cherry blossoms, and the iconic scene with those in warcraft is there.

Since this expansion is apparently set in the past I guess that makes sense. It’d be before the undead invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

The alliance are the villains, esp in the barrens.

Acerbatus posted:

That would be more horde territory, so that would be better than aliiance centric.