Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Toshimo posted:

My experience has been that unless you have very specific class/unit combos (Deryl/Pyramad/Reno, mostly), the best choice is almost always to take the best stats available to you at each given point until 5 and let your T5 units inform the rest of your build. Stay healthy, keep strong lategame stuff (Bronze Warden, Spawn of Nzoth, Deflect-o-Bot), keep GOOD doubles, but aggressively tavern (on 4/7/10, sooner if you have a bad tavern and can sell a bad unit). Keep strong synergies, but don't focus on "a build" until you see what T5 gives you. Stuff like Bran, Baron, and Lightfang are strong enough to bring up medium units, but if you don't hit them, you are better off having generically good stuff and high health so you can start shopping for T4/5s that will carry you like Goldrin/Razorgore/Hydra/Drakonid.

This is an A+ post and I’m going to end up reading it again, probably multiple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
there's a lot of fun decks floating around

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 25, 2020

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Man I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so I cobbled together a frankenstein Demon Hunter deck despite not having Kain, Maiev or Metamorphosis for the final run from D5 to Legend. I hit D2 3 stars super quickly but have been bouncing off that rank ceiling for the last two hours. All up I'm 19 and 9 but 5 of those losses have been on games that would have put me through to Diamond 1.

I know it's been said many times, but Skull and Altruis are just straight up disgusting cards. It feels absolutely filthy but I do find the gameplay more engaging than the straight up Face Hunter decks I've played before (although they are out there too and I'm losing to them...)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Toshimo posted:

My experience has been that unless you have very specific class/unit combos (Deryl/Pyramad/Reno, mostly), the best choice is almost always to take the best stats available to you at each given point until 5 and let your T5 units inform the rest of your build. Stay healthy, keep strong lategame stuff (Bronze Warden, Spawn of Nzoth, Deflect-o-Bot), keep GOOD doubles, but aggressively tavern (on 4/7/10, sooner if you have a bad tavern and can sell a bad unit). Keep strong synergies, but don't focus on "a build" until you see what T5 gives you. Stuff like Bran, Baron, and Lightfang are strong enough to bring up medium units, but if you don't hit them, you are better off having generically good stuff and high health so you can start shopping for T4/5s that will carry you like Goldrin/Razorgore/Hydra/Drakonid.

Is there a good tier list for minions in the battlegrounds? Like what qualified as medium units?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’m on 5 health, two 4/6 Taunts out, DH plays Priestess of Fury, hits me 5 times. > Well Played! indeed.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

victorious posted:

Man I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so I cobbled together a frankenstein Demon Hunter deck despite not having Kain, Maiev or Metamorphosis for the final run from D5 to Legend. I hit D2 3 stars super quickly but have been bouncing off that rank ceiling for the last two hours. All up I'm 19 and 9 but 5 of those losses have been on games that would have put me through to Diamond 1.

I know it's been said many times, but Skull and Altruis are just straight up disgusting cards. It feels absolutely filthy but I do find the gameplay more engaging than the straight up Face Hunter decks I've played before (although they are out there too and I'm losing to them...)

that's extremely impressive that you are doing so well without Kayn and Meta. Maiev is usually card 31/32, so you aren't missing much by not having her in the deck.

Shockeh posted:

I’m on 5 health, two 4/6 Taunts out, DH plays Priestess of Fury, hits me 5 times. > Well Played! indeed.

low rolls suck :(

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

Is there a good tier list for minions in the battlegrounds? Like what qualified as medium units?

I don't think you can really put minions in tiers (other than tavern tiers). I mean, in a vacuum there are some obviously better than others but that can change depending on heroes or team comp.
For example, I'd probably place dire wolf near the bottom of T1 minions, but it can be slightly better than others if you have a taunt or token generator next to it.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 25, 2020

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

that's extremely impressive that you are doing so well without Kayn and Meta. Maiev is usually card 31/32, so you aren't missing much by not having her in the deck.

I 'replaced' Kayn with the 'silence an enemy/outcast: draw' card since I figured there wouldn't be too many times they would have more than one taunt out. I probably do miss the 3 charge damage but to be honest most of my wins come from filling the board with Satyrs, Glaivebound Adept swing turns or massive bullshit Altruis blowouts. I probably will craft Metamorphosis though, I've lost enough mirror matches to that card to make it worth it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

L0cke17 posted:

It's all going to be situational based on a lot of factors (what you have in play, what hero you are using, what others have taken, what buffs you have), but here's some rules of thumb:

Tier 1: Take tokens early, but they are dead weight T3+, usually. Unless you are in a weird situation (Pyramad+Micro Machine, Triple Selfless Hero) or get an early Wrath Weaver + Demons, none of these are very likely to make your final comp.

Tier 2: The minions most likely to make your final comp are Spawn of N'Zoth and Glyph Guardian. A tripled Glyph Guardian does a lot of work. Imprisoner does work for Juggler comps. Otherwise, treat all of these guys as temporary and be willing to toss away doubles if it's going to be the difference between you winning and you taking a big hit.

Tier 3: Bronze Warden, Deflect-o-Bot, and Soul Juggler are the most likely final comp targets. Crowd Favorite is a strong maybe, depends on how well you can use Battlecries. Khadgar/Pack Leader/The Beast can be really good at T3, but fall off very quickly. Hangry Dragon is only good enough if you are certain you are going to win that turn, otherwise he's under rate. Everything else, I think is either a buff, or immediately outclassed.

Tier 4: This is where doubles get hard, because the number of them in the pool, and the number you will see per turn are both much lower. Basically, if it's not good enough to make your board, it's probably not worth holding in hand. The only exception might be Drakonid Enforcer. I could see holding 1 and having 1 in play. Otherwise, these guys are either good enough to have in play (Highmane, Scalebane, Bolvar, Egg), buffs, or just not that great in multiples (Sensei, Rover).

What it generally boils down to is this: You kinda have to expect your opponents are going to pressure you with minions that are at least a bit above average, and plan accordingly. If you are holding 2 Kindly Grandmothers and you are on T4, they are already below rate, and you either need to be tripling them that turn, or finding a Highmane or Hydra or Scalebane to replace them, because the kindly is really just a worse 4/3 that maybe gets a little value popping a shield, but a Highmane is a 10/9, and a Scalebane is an 8/5 and buffs on them are less likely to be wasted. I've wasted 10 gold trying to triple some T1 pairs for a free T6 before and it's cost me enough games that I generally will just upgrade for value every time now.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
So is it safe to decon Wild legendaries + purples? I need some dust to complete my DH deck, and well...I only just returned to the game after a 3 year break and pretty much everything I have is Wild now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

JadaX posted:

So is it safe to decon Wild legendaries + purples? I need some dust to complete my DH deck, and well...I only just returned to the game after a 3 year break and pretty much everything I have is Wild now.

I'd hold onto them for a bit, at least the ones you might like to use. They've said something about wanting people to use wild cards more iirc.

Stuff like Maexxna that's never going to get used outside of meme decks or the most edge of cases in tavern brawls? Those are definitely fine to dust, though, if you don't want them.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

JadaX posted:

They recently announced more uses for wild cards, format TBD. So you might want to hold off til that is fleshed out to decide.

Also I enjoy wild much more than standard, so I think everyone should keep their wild cards and play the format with much more varied decks and interesting things happening.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, Wild up until Diamond is pretty great for playing some really out there deck archetypes and still doing well if you know what you’re doing and how to pilot it. Secret Mage in particular is great for quickly climbing the lower ranks if you have the core pieces (Aluneth, in particular, since it gives you the boost to finish off a game before your opponent can stabilize).

Hell, Discard Warlock is now a force to be reckoned with in Wild.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Also if you keep your wild cards, you dont really need as many new cards as time goes on. The only reason they made standard was to get everyone on a cycle to have to buy more packs all the time.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I have a question about duplication protection. I dusted 2 copies each Imprisoned Antean and Skull of Gul'dan when they were full value because I expected to be able to open more copies of them. However I now have 2 copies of every other rare but I am not getting those two. I'm guessing that's intended right?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

low rolls suck :(

Yeah, I know it's part of The Hearthstone Experience™, and random effects stop most games becoming too stale, but I do wish they'd lay off a little on 'lol let's coinflip the game', especially on effects pre-10 mana.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

kaesarsosei posted:

I have a question about duplication protection. I dusted 2 copies each Imprisoned Antean and Skull of Gul'dan when they were full value because I expected to be able to open more copies of them. However I now have 2 copies of every other rare but I am not getting those two. I'm guessing that's intended right?

I assume it’s intended to stop the situation where you can keep redusting a single card that has been nerfed and pulling it again and repeating for value.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

kaesarsosei posted:

At least it's the logical consequence of the duplicate protection rules. You will not get a third copy of any card you've already got two copies of, until you have opened two copies of every card of that rarity. Then it will be pure chance which ones you open next. You can get copies of Imprisoned Antean and Skull of Gul'dan, but you have to trust your luck to get them. And now that you mention it, it seems very plausible that avoiding this scenario and thus giving players quite a bit of "free" dust was a reason for why the duplicate protection rule works like that.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yes to even out card distribution so when they nerf epic bear rear end card the guy with ten copies and two gold doesn’t hit the dust jackpot

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

the ideal exploit situation would be 2 commons getting nerfed in the same set so you could dust 160 worth of commons and then in a typical pack, get them all back again plus whatever rares/epics you open

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Decided to spring for that Year of the Dragon pack thing and got a few legendaries. How did I do? I got a gold Valdris Felcore, Supreme Archaeology, gold Corrupt the Waters, Waxadred, and Untapped Potential.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Decided to spring for that Year of the Dragon pack thing and got a few legendaries. How did I do? I got a gold Valdris Felcore, Supreme Archaeology, gold Corrupt the Waters, Waxadred, and Untapped Potential.

Good, a fun meme, good in the past but currently eh, a fun meme, and good in that order. I'd be very happy with that haul, congrats.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
This extremely stupid quest-libram-lorewalker cho paladin is fun and it feels juuuuust a few cards away from being viable on the ladder. Only one Libram of Wisdom because I don't want to craft a second, and I'm going to open one in the next few packs.

### bullshit paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho
# 1x (2) Micro Mummy
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Wasteland Assassin
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
#
AAECAZ8FCNwD7wjdCsWhA5OlA+u5A+a+A4TBAwugoQOhoQO7pQPwpQPypQP0pwOMrQONtgP9uAPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Just unpacked Ysiel Windsinger back-to-back with Lady Liadrin. She could be good at some point, right? Is Wild Spell Druid with Dreampetal Florist going to be a thing?

edit: Oh, Imprisoned Satyr exists. This might work.

fanny packrat fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 25, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Ysiel seems kinda meh next to Kael'thas (at least until he finally gets nerfed)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

fanny packrat posted:

This extremely stupid quest-libram-lorewalker cho paladin is fun and it feels juuuuust a few cards away from being viable on the ladder. Only one Libram of Wisdom because I don't want to craft a second, and I'm going to open one in the next few packs.

### bullshit paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho
# 1x (2) Micro Mummy
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Wasteland Assassin
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
#
AAECAZ8FCNwD7wjdCsWhA5OlA+u5A+a+A4TBAwugoQOhoQO7pQPwpQPypQP0pwOMrQONtgP9uAPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Just unpacked Ysiel Windsinger back-to-back with Lady Liadrin. She could be good at some point, right? Is Wild Spell Druid with Dreampetal Florist going to be a thing?

edit: Oh, Imprisoned Satyr exists. This might work.

Oh my god, I need lorewalker Cho for my wild meme deck. I stole someone's deck from in here and updated it for cheesing on people but also winning.Cho would be hilarious in here. My latest version has a 62% win-rate at legend!

### Xerox 2.0
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Meanstreet Marshal
# 1x (1) Smuggler's Run
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Echoing Ooze
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 2x (4) Replicat-o-tron
# 1x (4) The Voraxx
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAEBAZ8FBtcTs7sCuccCjtMC4+MChMEDDPYHwg73vAKBvQKIxwLZ/gL9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOzxAMA
#

I loving crafted Eydis Darkbane for this. So stupid, yet so fun.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, the current Wild Spell Druid is just armoring up and otherwise protecting yourself until you can pull off some mad bullshit with Kael’thas letting you deck out in one turn, then swapping over to the Jade package for the rest of the game.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

Ysiel seems kinda meh next to Kael'thas (at least until he finally gets nerfed)

Yeah, but you can play both! Just don't run Fungal Fortunes and load up with other draw and tutor stuff (Jepetto Joybuzz becomes relevant!).

L0cke17 posted:

Oh my god, I need lorewalker Cho for my wild meme deck. I stole someone's deck from in here and updated it for cheesing on people but also winning.Cho would be hilarious in here. My latest version has a 62% win-rate at legend!

Cho is secretly great for librams. You can discount your own, and theirs become 2 mana garbage in hand.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

L0cke17 posted:

### Xerox 2.0
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Smuggler's Run
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Echoing Ooze
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 2x (4) Replicat-o-tron
# 1x (4) The Voraxx
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAZ8FBtcTs7sCuccCjtMC4+MChMEDDPYHwg73vAKBvQKIxwLZ/gL9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOzxAMA
#

I loving crafted Eydis Darkbane for this. So stupid, yet so fun.

This looks fun as well. Eydis is actually seriously powerful in general with Libram decks. Even funnier if you slam Lightforged Blessing on her as well.

I'm rocking this right now...

### get buff
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Immortal Prelate
# 2x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Primalfin Champion
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 1x (3) Seal of Champions
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAYsWBNcTnRXj4wKEwQMNrwf2B4jHAorHAtn+AuaGA4qaA8q4A/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBAwA=
#

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Olpainless posted:

This looks fun as well. Eydis is actually seriously powerful in general with Libram decks. Even funnier if you slam Lightforged Blessing on her as well.

I'm rocking this right now...

### get buff
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 1x (3) Seal of Champions
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAYsWBNcTnRXj4wKEwQMNrwf2B4jHAorHAtn+AuaGA4qaA8q4A/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBAwA=
#

Prelate is a really good idea... Probably better than meanstreet marshall.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 25, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Finally crafted some Magic Carpets to play Swidz's take on Gallon's DiscoZoo, which is a way more budget-friendly version (no need for Teron + Ebonlocke).

And holy poo poo does this deck smash face, it has some really thought-provoking and deep lines of play, all with that classic Zoo feel. Probably because it's like 2 decks mashed together: one where you try to setup unfair tempo with Imprisoned Scrap Imp, and one where you try to generate ridiculous value with Hand of Guldan. Each plan technically works separately and are capable of winning alone, but when the plans align you become a goddamn monster.

### DiscoZoo
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4w9QXOB8IIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, Eydis and prelate are perfect for this deck, I didn't think of them. I like what you guys did with the deck, I'll have to try some of these cards.

Edit: Here's my current list. I might try 1 or 2 libram of justice over paragon of light.
### Xerox 3.0
#
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Echoing Ooze
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 2x (3) Paragon of Light
# 2x (4) Replicat-o-tron
# 1x (4) The Voraxx
# 1x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAYsWCO8I1xOIxwK5xwKO0wLj4wKKmgOEwQML9gfCDv7zAuaGA7ulA/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBA7PEAwA=
#

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 25, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Really tempted to craft Lynessa and Liadrin for these meme decks. The first standard one listed, with Cho, is a legit decent deck.

Is there a list of safe crafts from Outland yet? I'm thinking Maiev looks pretty safe but nothing else seems to stand out from the pack. Definitely going to craft Hanar because it seems the most fun card from the set.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

AnacondaHL posted:

Finally crafted some Magic Carpets to play Swidz's take on Gallon's DiscoZoo, which is a way more budget-friendly version (no need for Teron + Ebonlocke).

And holy poo poo does this deck smash face, it has some really thought-provoking and deep lines of play, all with that classic Zoo feel. Probably because it's like 2 decks mashed together: one where you try to setup unfair tempo with Imprisoned Scrap Imp, and one where you try to generate ridiculous value with Hand of Guldan. Each plan technically works separately and are capable of winning alone, but when the plans align you become a goddamn monster.

### DiscoZoo
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4w9QXOB8IIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#

I never knew I needed this in my life until this very moment.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Really tempted to craft Lynessa and Liadrin for these meme decks. The first standard one listed, with Cho, is a legit decent deck.

Is there a list of safe crafts from Outland yet? I'm thinking Maiev looks pretty safe but nothing else seems to stand out from the pack. Definitely going to craft Hanar because it seems the most fun card from the set.

Metamorphosis and Kayn seem pretty safe crafts (Kayn slightly less so, since it was rarer for him to be the finishing move in my experience with DH).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

kaesarsosei posted:

As far as legendaries go?

Both Rogue and DH ones are quite good. Maiev is solid but I don't think she's as good as people say. Safe, but not a must-have.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know if anyone's tried, but I reached Platinum 10 with the default galak rogue package with a few things taken out to make it secret too. Hanar doesn't really WIN games, but it throws a monkey wrench in opponent games enough to mess up their tempo.

### Secralak
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 2x (2) Ambush
# 2x (2) Clever Disguise
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAYO6AgSSlwPjtAPLwAP7xAMNtAHtAs0DiAePlwP1pwOtqAO5rgP+rgOqrwPOrwPMuQPOuQMA
#

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

So after playing a bunch more games with it, I dont think Prelate is good enough in the wild meme libram deck. There's too many target silences going around, and the deck is too weak to a wide early board. In my previous build with grimestreet outfitters and Smuggler's run a buffed Echoing Ooze early was often enough to stymie an aggro deck, but without those early buffs it's not enough.

Primalfin Champion however is overperforming a lot, I love him. Not quite as good in the lategame as Replicat-o-tron was, but defintitely good. Also the lack of turn 1 things to do is bad, so I think you need meanstreet marshal or Righteous Protector. Also without the early buffs on multiplying mionions you're pretty much stuck with having to play Consecration to have a shot vs aggro decks, especially pirate anything and demon hunter.

This is what I'm gonna keep going with for now:

### Libram Meme
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (2) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Echoing Ooze
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) The Voraxx
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAZ8FBu8I1xO5xwLj4wKKmgOEwQMM3AP2B8IOgb0CiMcCiscC2f4C/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDAA==
#

e: deck is sweet
https://hsreplay.net/replay/jmG9pg2kBkgR6VRLHqwy3X
https://hsreplay.net/replay/TcNEdMN7Uxp5ezC8TAEBEb

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 26, 2020

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Toshimo posted:

I went on a loving tear in BGs today, and I'm pretty happy about it.

Hell yeah, dude! I don't know about you, but as soon as I finally broke through to 8k I've been hesitant to queue up because I don't want to fall back down below the line, haha.

L0cke17 posted:

I've been having real bad luck every time I try to play menagerie and just dying before I can get a triple on 4 or get to 5 to look for lightfang. Also since the patch I can't seem to get demons to work at all. I just die to whoever has beasts WAY too fast. The only consistent things I can do is typically get 3/4 with dragons or beasts with occasional better results.

What heroes are you playing menagerie with? I feel like it's not the best at the moment and most of my recent menagerie games have fallen into one of three categories:
- Early Lightfang before I have a build
- Playing Wagtoggle
- Playing Edwin, building giant hydra without enough beast support

Toshimo posted:

Great post, and I'd like to add on aggressively taverning:
- For Rafaam I really like going 6/7 instead of 4/7. That way you can buy, hero power/buy, hero power/buy (1 floated gold), buy/level/hero power, level/hero power vs. buy, level, buy/hero power (1 floated gold), double buy, level/buy
- For A.F. Kay, freeze any token you see so you can level and get an additional unit out on 3. Discover your units first in case your best option is Khadgar/Crowd Favorite/Pack Leader for some extra value (or the murloc buff guys, but that's got to be a pretty bad discover pool)
- If all the units on 5 gold suck, selling and leveling to 3 even if it leaves you with an empty board/one Tidecaller/Alley Cat sets you up better than burning two gold rolling there

Also two dumb things that took me way too long to learn:
- Selling a Steward of Time into triple buying on 8 gold to fill out a board when you have a non-token start can do bigtime work
- Token starts on Yogg don't line up well since you don't need to do the sell token into double buy on 5 gold, for your potential free roll before hero powering make sure you're going for a bigger body

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else have trouble logging in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Minor update: Finished a 20 set (14-6) with DiscoZoo, found Soulfire stuck in hand a bit too much. Swapping one for another Guardian Augmerchant for now, but it may become a Shieldbearer or Stonetusk Boar depending on the meta.

Trump just released a video on this deck, removing Eggs for Ebonlocke and Lorewalker Cho. Both of these cards are awful and actively ruined the deck due to how much you draw on average.

### DiscoZoo
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAs4H/KMDDjD1BcIIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kD3r4DAA==
#