Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Also, I think you can tag the anti-witchcraft rant as abusive behavior. I seem to remember I tagged him for it on my playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

quote:

What is up with those stickers? The spelling's horribly off, the Uranus sticker is clearly a picture of Jupiter and the Shakespear sticker is a Roman bust. :psyboom:

To be honest, I quit fully reading the LP updates about halfway through the 1st update because I it was too much of a slog for me to really take it all in. However, I'm still skimming through the updates because a part of me wants to see how deep this rabbit hole of crazy goes. :munch:

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I think that it wasn't Zane and Corey who were messaging Tiff, but T1M spoofing their accounts...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pea posted:

What is up with those stickers? The spelling's horribly off, the Uranus sticker is clearly a picture of Jupiter and the Shakespear sticker is a Roman bust. :psyboom:

:thejoke:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that spelling of Shakespeare's name is about as good as the man himself could render. maybe better!

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Unfortunate news friends. While this LP isn't going on hiatus or anything that drastic, I HAVE been called back in to work for the time being. Which is fun and not at all worrying.

Updates are going to slow from daily to probably 2-3 times a week, spare time and how tired I am permitting.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Danny Glands posted:

I think that it wasn't Zane and Corey who were messaging Tiff, but T1M spoofing their accounts...

That was also my take on it, especially my first time playing the game, but now that I look at it again with this LP, I'm beginning to wonder if Corey is a real person at all... :tinfoil:

Chinely posted:

Unfortunate news friends. While this LP isn't going on hiatus or anything that drastic, I HAVE been called back in to work for the time being. Which is fun and not at all worrying.

Updates are going to slow from daily to probably 2-3 times a week, spare time and how tired I am permitting.

Stay safe, friend.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Nah, I don't think Tim would go out of his way like this to harass Tiff, especially like this.

And Chinely, go at your own pace with the LP and stay safe out there!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I don't think we need complicated theories about fake chatlogs to explain ThatBrassyKid and Zane harassing Tiff when "they are teenagers on the internet in the presence of a girl" already exists.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

T-man posted:

Hello OP! This has been in the back of my head to play for a while, but I never really bothered so I'm glad this LP is here! :) Best of luck, I'll be reading.

And since it hasn't come up already, I'm going to recamend Secret Little Haven (https://store.steampowered.com/app/827290/Secret_Little_Haven/) which is a really good little game very similar to this one. (No spoilers, but queer and especially trans folks might especially enjoy this one.) Additionally, there's Digital: A Love Story (https://scoutshonour.com/digital/), which is shorter and smaller than both, but boasts a lovely send up of Amiga computers and has a great soundtrack.

I hadn't heard of Secret Little Haven, I'll check it out! I definitely played Digital: A Love Story like 15 years ago but I'll give that another play too. Thank you for the recommendations! I just finished up Hypnospace myself and I've been itching for more. I think this game is one of my new all time favourites.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

So hey: Thought the people reading this thread might be interested in doing some chill posting in hypnospace, courtesy of this generator:

https://deathgenerator.com/#hso

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Has anyone played around with the page creation tools they added? Apparently you can make your entire own campaign using the modding tools which sounds incredibly cool(punk).

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Your exploration of Zane's page was sorely missing the Seepage song.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Alright your frog'ed child (me) is officially unemployed (I didn't get fired if you were wondering) so prepare for more updates either way later today or tomorrow!! Hypnospace!!!

Also I didn't link to the Seepage song as if the music isn't on the OST or very basic, I'm worried about it being claimed or taken down. Especially if it wasn't made by Jay, which Seepage wasn't!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Hey, hope you're gonna be okay financially and otherwise. :S That sounds spooky. Also, fyi, there aren't any songs in the game that will be claimed/removed. There were two instances of it, one on accident and one the aforementioned Tamara thing. Both have been sorted now though. :0) Most of the stuff was made specifically for the game so we made sure to deal with that as quickly as possible.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Update 12 - The Freelands

And we're back! Slight delay but ah well, Hypnospace never sleeps. Let's see where we were...

Ah yes, we'd been assigned the Booster Malicious Software case, but were generally cleaning up Hypnospace. People have given me a few tips and let's see...

Looks like we can't report Lookout Ministries for harassment, although at any rate it's not one of the optional cases we can pick up.

Now the last place for us to check out is Coolpunk Paradise. If you remember, Coolfest '99 was an absolute disaster. There was a tragic helicopter crash killing a member of the Chowder Man's band, and Fre3zer was caught lip syncing.

Oh, it was all just an accident! That's alright then.

CPColdSnap, the rude teenager that reviews other peoples Coolpunk tracks, has his scathing review of the Coolfest 99 event. Including a mocking recap of the fact somebody died. Classy! Can't find the fake Coolpunk page linked...

Because it's unlisted under another account!

Probably not coincidentally, he's mocking the people that had more original and heartfelt takes on Coolpunk.

Hm.

Hm.

Well... we've reached our next case!

Banning time!

It's only the one page, and I get an achievement for cleaning all the optional cases. Nice! Let's finish checking out the Coolpunks before we get to the new hub.

First, the Peacelands.

Amazing.

Slushmouth has a flist, containing some uploaded music. It's also been pointed out that his page is a big reference to this guide.

:siren:Basidia - Formations

We've got a new entry, the Fungus Scene! The music is pretty good. Just for a change. (Just kidding, it's all really good in Hypnospace! Even the stuff that isn't supposed to be!)

Sad days, Icicle Kid and his song about a snowman has left the movement.

Although I have a feeling he just wants to fit in... although with a page name like that, it isn't happening soon.

X_NEO_ICY_X isn't leaving us so soon!

Uh, maybe a little blindly!

On to Father Fungus, who has now fully launched the fungus scene.

He made that bombass song we were just listening to.

Hm... contractually obligated to not talk about what music he was doing.

He's got an Flist as well, but no matter what I do I can't open the Fungus Manifesto text log. Ah well.

I also found, uh, this. Cool!

And this thanksgiving page from X_NEO_ICY_X. If a page ever tells you to search a term, there's usually an unlisted page on there.

There's also this page (it's Father Fungus, they have the same headband ID.)

Hm, it's a shame to have a small fringe movement be picked up by corporate entities who attempt to sell it as edgy while killing the entire point behind the movement originally. Good thing that never happens in the real world!

A little video clip of the concert.

He just stops mouthing along at one point and the crowd starts booing.

Now... for the mega zone! The fused zone of all geeky hobbies. The Dumpster told us that most pages have rebelled and entered the freelands.

The nerds aren't happy about this, as you can imagine.

Here's the page of Roddy, who's a coder working for Merchantsoft. The bull is his favourite comic book hero, if you were wondering, and he roleplays as him.

Here's our friend Linda, who we've visited from Tiff's page.

She's linked to the manifesto of the freelands.

Cool!

The zone is almost deserted, so we'll have to explore the Freelands in order to actually visit peoples pages.

Although we've seen some of these pages from links.

I do like how the word Imagination is the least fancy on their logo. Make it rainbow coloured, Gill!

They're trying to boycott Hypnospace. While usually this wouldn't work, and while Hypnospace does cater towards casual users, nerds make up a large part of their userbase. Hypnospace is seen as better for music and other media fans, whereas CyberWorldZ is more for gamers. So this might have an impact!

Now...

For the Freelands!

:siren: Ready to Shave - Chowder Man

It's... honestly amazing.

The Chowder Man is even onboard with it!

Our first pages, eh.

Why did different cursors ever go out of fashion? Also Sacred Garden, eh?

It's a game company! This is Phaedrala's review for them.

Hm, a lot of the Hypnospace verses games involve peaceful resolutions. That's pretty rad.

Back to Gill Sanders.

Fairly sure this was one of the songs that the Dumpster ended up mocking. It's... not great. But we all need to start somewhere. It's definitely very circus-y.

Hm, his campaign eh! He draws his own art and he's pretty good.

Poor Ginsby.

I am in love with the Kauch.

Copyright Gill Sanders. If you would like to play your own Sanderverse game, ChitChat me and I will send my campaign book!

Why's every setting got to be post-apocalyptic? Can't we ever play one at the height of the ancient empire!

...diplomacy is always how she tries to resolve things.

Race: Cyrix

If you're interested, this is how Sarah draws her character. She's not quite the accomplished artist that her husband is, but he definitely took a few... liberties.

Let's hop to the rest of her page.

Her strong opinions are mainly that she doesn't like the things that Gill likes, and he's neglecting his GMing duties.

On we go!

We've got Casper Sundberg here, who was a member of the band Klyfta. Klyfta does some absolute banger tracks.

Although he left the music life to pursue his true hobby of painting vans. You have to admire somebody who'll give up success for their passion.

Let's check out his art.

Oh man.

This is rad.

I'm in love.

The last page down this path, the Observer.

Review time.

Wow I wonder what game this could be!

Happy to report that for the first time, while I was editing a gif HYPII said something and made me jump. Thanks HYPII!

SquisherZ!

Friendship wins the day.

Yeah, and the prototype for your stupid game crashed my headband.

Back to the freelands, and we've found the bullring. And also the Trial of Axxeleration! We already have the app through some flist shenanigans, but this is how you get it 'legitimately'.

But first...

It's the Bullring!

Nice.

Well, that's cool.

This is literally the entire page.

It's Roddy!

We've seen this page way the back, on the Merchantsoft employees page.

Although there's a bit more now.

And a project diary! With a transparent clue on how to unencrypt SamWich! Yeah you just feed it to the virtual pet, and we could have gotten 3y3 back earlier, but I live for the narrative and we're doing this properly!

...since it already has a reputation as a piracy tool, but we'll see.

We're going in reverse, by the way.

Cybercog time...

You CRAVE the DECAVERITATANGE of the TEKNOSHAMANATRIX

>FIND MEANING

>BE A NOBODY

Well it's me, so.

>BE A NOBODY

Oh, alright then!

>FIND MEANING

>REJECT THE TEKNOSHAMANATRIX'S BLESSINGS

Going with the wrong choice again because I am a comedian.

Uh, are you alright, Gary?

>ASK WHAT THE TEKNOSHAMANATRIX IS DOING IN YOUR HOUSE

"This path requires sacrifice," the TEKNOSHAMANATRIX roars.

>FOLLOW THE PATH

>SAY I'M OUT

Second verse, same as the first.

Well I'm getting sad now.

>GIVE HIM YOUR KIDS

>GIVE HIM ONE KID

>SAY NO (DON'T PICK THIS)

Well I haven't respected the authority of the story so far, so

Sorry.

>GIVE HIM ONE KID

Alright, take both then!

>GIVE HIM YOUR KIDS

No choice here, just the one option.

Uh, I think Gary might have actually left his family...?

>NO

Oh, fine. Take the love of my life as well.

I can't wait to see you there!

Gary, you can be a geek and still have a family! You didn't have to choose!

Let's move to uh, this.

UH

:siren:The Visual - The Wizard Eagle

There we go. Still a bit of a weird page but here we are!

Fun, though.

Here's the graveyard for all the hubs we lost.

There's also a reason that Starport Dreamstation is pretty light on pages for five hubs - most people jumped ship.

There's also Linda, but she hasn't got anything new.

And our last person...

It's Phaeldrala!

And that's the Freelands. Next time... we take the trial of the Axxelerator!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

I have a feeling it won't be long till Johnny Law catches Gary.

Also the fr33zer at the concert probably wasn't the original.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
The one detail of this universe that still confuses and disturbs me is how something as relatively simple as Tennis became a three-way mess that requires three players a center catcher and god knows how many balls being hit at holes in a central cage.

Just...how?

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Update 13 - The Axxelerator

Good morning flesh children, let's get started on that trial of the Axxelerator!

...after this! Mr. Tholen himself (it's weird to refer to people like this when they also reply in your thread but bear with me) has revealed on Twitter that Hypnospace has some updates going. I plan on capturing them, but they'll be in a few months. Luckily you can go for 100% page completion in Hypnospace so that should last us until the updates drop!

Let's begin the trial! These are narrated by Roddy himself who probably should have gotten a better mic, but whatever it's the 90s!

He's also got a very heavy lisp.

The secret stash is hidden

in the freelands you shall unlock it. two east of roddy's bullring (that's me) one north of casper's rocket. only one path leads to this place, look closely at the borders. once you find it come back here and this trial, you will rock it!

Absolutely A+ for showmanship though. Let's get this!

If you're wondering how we do this, you have to remember that the Freelands is on a grid. Meaning the place that's two east and one north from the bullring...

Is here!

Oh-ho...

The second hint!

The final hint!

Oh and we're changing font now.

The father of the freelands (his cybercogian name)+ the mother of the freelands (what she shoots in her game)+ the # of zones that merchantsoft sent to an early grave. now return to the freelands, south of the colosseum, and input this code you figured out for your final test, i really hope to see ya

Well the amount of zones is 5, but there's the graveyard if you forget. The mother fires a bow and...

The cybercog dude is called SigNull!

And now there's another quiz! We skipped all this when we found the Axxelerator through FLST, and could have just reported it then and skipped all this. But where's the fun in that?!

Roddy you're a little annoying!

This is what happens if we get it wrong.

The classic of two to three 'maybe' answers, and the rest being clearly wrong.

It's been Freelands, Cosmic Rock and now it's Scaries.

I actually didn't know this one (Greydallus and Snoggalioth are the only two I remember), but you can bruteforce pretty easily. The answer is Maraginnius.

A bull and a cape!

Datacogs... luckily most of these are easy to pick up if you just read the Freelands pages.

I've already donated and picked up an achievement (you get it for donating to these two, and the Submarine fella during the last date), but we're here to get Axxelerator!

And we're going to flag it because we're not very nice!

We've also outed Roddy, a Merchantsoft employee. This might be a little awkward.

Sorry, Roddy!

Now for the next case. There's a way to skip to the end of this one as well, but let's see how we're supposed to find it out properly.

Cheers Sam. Do you think she ever gets annoyed at having to manually type out FrogLuvr85 every time she talks to me?

Here's the first report from Meat Goat Records.

The second from QPL.

And another from QPL. Pretty big hint here that we're going to be looking for a FLST, which luckily we have access to! We already know that Casper has some of his old Klyfta stuff uploaded on his FLST...

Except Roddy never says it's HIS FLST, and Casper hasn't got one.

If we search for lists, we get Gregg talking about FLST.

Which obviously we can search to find FLST. Which we did earlier, but! Here's where it's important to find.

Searching for Glamocaster gets us a page from "DM_NO1ZPUSH3R", or Dylan Merchant.

Oh hello, here's him talking about a FLST login... This is the third or fourth time that he's mentioned FLST or been sad at the death of sharing music.

If you can't take a hint, it's Dylan. Dylan is uploading music illegally. I'm fairly sure this is the intended path to finding things out (searching all the relevant terms) but I already knew who had uploaded the music, and couldn't remember how I figured it out originally! Lots of people mention FLST and music, and most of it ends up pointing towards Dylan.

Let's have a little look...

Seeing as he gets to pick his own registry ID, I'm glad that Dylan went with 80085d. Or boobs. The D I assume stands for developer. Presumably we have an E headband, although we can't see any other enforcers.

Bingo.

And he's got all the tracks, along with some commentary!

Alright well, it's time to start banning the boss.

This won't have consequences.

Let's go!

Oh?

Uh... oops. He might be a workshy boob but he's not incompetent! Hurry!

Case closed! And...

Yep! Banned.

Oh come on, banned until New Years eve! WITW?! Merchantsoft is the worst company in the world!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Banned from Hypnospace for doing our job as assigned because the head boss is a colossal manchild who is willing to open up his company to legal action because of muh freedoms. Sounds about right. Between this and the MS employee who was running the Accelerator to nuke load times of his favorite zone, it's a miracle that this company has lasted as long as it has.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jumping in to say:

1. Hypnospace Outlaw is great
2. This is LP is great
3. Klyfta is great

One thing I love about this game is how real all the people in it seem. I feel like I've encountered everyone in this game somewhere in my life, either online or off, and while it's common to like characters in games it's not as common to meet someone in a game and think, "Oh, I totally know that guy." Great character work.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Oh jeez. Day before the update and my PCs power supply completely perishes!! I might be able to update if I can access another pc but unless that happens the LP will be delayed. I have the money and resources to get it fixed thankfully but still. Annoying!

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011

Chinely posted:

Oh jeez. Day before the update and my PCs power supply completely perishes!! I might be able to update if I can access another pc but unless that happens the LP will be delayed. I have the money and resources to get it fixed thankfully but still. Annoying!

Ah yes, as is tradition. Luckily a dead power supply isn't that bad of a fix as long as it had the decency to die gracefully and not roast everything on the way out.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
I imagine you can flag Dylan's account if you're fast enough when the countdown starts, but considering the abuse of powers I have a feeling that it won't actually go through.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Banned from Hypnospace for doing our job as assigned because the head boss is a colossal manchild who is willing to open up his company to legal action because of muh freedoms. Sounds about right. Between this and the MS employee who was running the Accelerator to nuke load times of his favorite zone, it's a miracle that this company has lasted as long as it has.

A nice detail is that you can just narc on Roddy and/or Dylan as soon as you find them - they've both been doing this poo poo longer than you've been an enforcer, so you can even do it before you flag your first gooper if you know where to hit and how to hit it. What they're doing has always been against TOS, you've just never been tasked directly with finding it before now.

That seriously messes with the scripting of the game, though, and leaves you locked out of any zones you haven't unlocked naturally through your job, as well as forcing you to skip 11/27 if you hit Dylan and get banned before he melts your headband with Outlaw's alpha.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Also yes, you can flag Dylans account but it doesn't do anything. The first time you ding him starts an invisible timer where he'll message you then lock you out, being one of the very few timed parts of the game I previously mentioned.

If you're quick you can flag enough to complete the case, flag him and then close it. All you get is Hypnocoin though, and progress on the achievement for closing cases. He's too far up to have you flagging him do anything unfortunately!

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

PC is fixed!! It was just a power supply issue. And then it broke again but luckily that got fixed as well. So update coming this Friday!!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yay! Is it time for a new page yet? Because my browser does the stupid thing where it loses its place in the thread when all the images are being loaded.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I know that problem well since I mostly read on mobile. Multiple updates on one page gets really frustrating.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Hypnospace Outlaw is on sale, so if you don't have it, get it now.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

So if you're wondering where the update was... My pc broke again. For the 3rd time, except this time when the psu went it took my apartments power outlets with it.

So that was kind of it.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
It's almost as if your LP has a curse on it! XD

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Dylan has become sentient and is trying to keep you banned from Hypnospace, clearly.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
We warned you about trying the beta Outlaw again each time you think your headband's fixed. :mad:

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I appreciate the support which is... More than I was expecting! My pc is still broken and this game would be updated slowly but uh. I have to join in with not supporting Lowtax.

Sorry Jay! I can't tell you how much I love your game but I won't be able to do it justice. I value your gentleness and I can't support... Ungentleness!

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Computers fixed and Lowtax is gone... let's see what happens Friday! I hope it's an update!!!

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Update 14 - The New Year

Oh jeez it's been a while... both ingame and out! Let's try and get back up to steam.

Oh wow... alright! It probably has actually been that long.

It glitches out a bit here. Hilarious.

And then a lot more!

Alright! The new year! And this update is already looking stupidly buggy!

Ahrgh! Well. At least it looks smoother. It's just going to glitch from here on out.

A few updates. We got that psychic banned.

And the guy who just LOVED biking.

Aw. Sam thinks it was her. Sorry Sam, your boss is a dickhead!

There's this case, which we actively can't do anything about. Hmm...

We'll see what we can do.

Hm! New zone!

Oh yeah! Trennis!

It's mainly here for the audio. Set to Klyfta's great Trennis anthem theme.

Fancy. The central homepage has been suped up.

The Hypnospace Guide 2.0 is... the same. Amazing.

Finally some more Hypnospace merch!

uh

the other links link to nothing. This was their official Hypnospace 2000 launch...

Roddy is gone. Guess we got you fired, bud.

Back on the news!

You suck, CyberworldZ. Hypnospace no. 1.

You heard it here first, folks.

I'm not even intentionally capturing these, it's glitching a LOT.

And now on a lighter topic,

How wacky.

Are... posthumous charges even a thing if you're not the pope? Would this be arson?? It's not exactly criminal negligence.

Hold on, that's Jay! Are the others also developers?

Yes, they are.

Ah, er. Hm. Moving on.

Weather. Yes, we have that.

TRENNIS!!

uh

This isn't at all concerning.

Hm

Well. It hasn't been saved just yet. All Hypnospace has done so far is destroy my PC.

three times

A little google, and

Well. Let's see what they've done. So Roddy basically told us how to unpack .sandwich files, and I can't remember where but you get outright told at some point.

So we grab another copy of .eye...

Grab a pet. I wanted the Lovesquid, but I can't seem to find it on this day. Shame.

Grab April.

Have her immediately crap and glitch out my desktop.

Thank you Roddy for coding in the extractor inside the pet you made. Anyway, we now have 3y3!

We could have gotten this on day one, but it'd have ruined a bit of the magic of Hypnospace. We can now see hidden text on peoples pages.

Like so. Plenty of the more hacker orientated people will have hidden links and posts. Mainly T1m and M1nx. That dream tools looked interesting though...

Going to the dreamlands to find it and it turns out Hypnospace is trying to make the Freelands official? I wonder how they feel about it.

Funnily enough, they're not having it.

All we've got in here is a page by Tamara now.

Finding the Freelands by searching shows that... yeah, it's out.

If there's every a lot of empty space, use the 3y3 on it.

We've found re3konings island! This also gets spelt out later on. Or maybe earlier? Either way.

Let's see about these documents...

It's kind of hard to read when the eye isn't in motion, so I'll type it out.

ACT 1: MERCHANTSOFT COMMISSIONS HYPNOSPACE HEADBAND CLINICAL STUDY TO SILENCE BEEFBRAIN RUMORS

ACT 2: MERCHANTSOFT ISN'T HAPPY WITH THE FINDINGS AND BURIES THEM - INSTEAD COMMISSIONING PAID "TESTS" BY "INDEPENDENT EXPERTS".

ACT 3: RE3KONING RELEASES COPIES OF THE DAMNING DOCUMENTS, BRINGING AN END TO HYPNOSPACE AND MERCHANTSOFT. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Here's the download...

Hm.

So Hypnospace might not be great, and the findings have been suppressed by Merchantsoft. What else is new.

Also, pets starve hilariously fast.

And Merchantsoft guilt you with a tombstone!

That you can't remove! It's for the kids.

Still, let's install these tools.

Yep! It's the debug tools! I can now download anything I find, including page music, make Hypii read the opening to Moby Dick, and do a whole load of fun things.

Here's the page music downloader.

Here we can revive April! Hurrah!

This is how you're supposed to keep her alive, but we'll keep her on infinite.

And the last one.

Much better.

Hm... positive values only.

I reject your divinity.

Try me. Although, I will set up a fun easter egg.

69 also works, if you're curious.

Also this. Don't worry, we'll have the opportunity to mess around with this stuff later. And I want that Lovesquid!

Cafe has also has a 2.0 facelift, and Gregg is getting the recognition he deserves!

Nothing new though. Oh and for those who haven't realised, WITW is the Hypnospace version of WTF. Same with Bawling With Laughter instead of LOL. Fun touches!

The Dumpster is changing for the more constructive. Nice to see.

But they did write some articles before leaving!

Hm...

Nope. This is just empty space.

Also nothing. Also I guess this is a rather outdated view. I'm an MMO player and the amount of people I know that moved in with someone they met playing an MMO is pretty high.

Also just as an aside, after having your computer break three times all the fake Hypnospace glitching out and stuttering is making me nervous. It better not break!

Artie hasn't got much new, although I did notice his model of the solar system is missing Uranus, Neptune and - as this is set in 1999 - Pluto.

This dickheads page is still around.

The Outlaw page is still around, by the way. It gets updated as you go.

It went so well last time!

Well. It's slightly less buggy!

Game's alright!

Sometimes you see Jay Tholen waving in the background!

Funny thing is, you can reverse on the wrong lane and cars start honking at you. Head on collissions tank your HP though, funnily enough.

That was fun.

Got an achievement too!

Aldrin's House of Sound has finally got the proper webpage that I've been teasing. Unfortunately now the links to his articles don't work.

Back to my favourite and yours, Jas.

Hypnospace Professional is worth it for us, but pretty much nobody else.

Freelands pages are still up if you can find a link to them, but the zone is pretty dead.

Sam here, talking about how she's now working for the HSPD. Couldn't have anything to do with how Dylan doesn't like her, eh?

Come on Reggie, Beefbrain was disproved.

Goodtime Valley seems to have won the Gooper war, so that's nice...?

Don't worry Abby, in the future tech companies have much more respect for people.

I'll miss not being able to flag all those cartoon drawings of Gumshoe Gooper. The Christmas link is broken, if you were wondering. And none of the flagged images are back.

Boppo sides with the patriots!

Uh. Didn't we ban you? I guess his page is still up for a bit.

I wish stupid Hypnospace people didn't say things that make me realize they're human beings with feelings and regrets, even if they do kind of suck.

At least he's wised up a bit...?

Granny Cream sides with the patriots!

MrOldFashioned is hard at work as ever, I see...

Oh hey, Mavis is back! And she's not on trial!

Yes I am purposefully capturing the animation so it's always looking directly at you.

Hm, everyone seems to be having huge sleep issues. Obviously we know why, but Merchantsoft really should let people know.

I mean, they won't, but they should!

More deleted pages, sadly.

Boppo's is still with the patriots!

Sandy still the coolest.

Ah. Except she's leaving for good. Hypnospace 01.01.00 is definitely feeling like the end of an era.

Ah...

Well. Nothing like a little sexism to wrap up this sad little walk through Goodtime Valley.

Heck yeah, hope I win!

Now that the movement is dead, Coolpunk's Paradise is becoming the Venue. Sad.

They've got a new sponsor though. Earmint Gum...

Are they... bundled or the same thing? Science may never give us a conclusive answer.

Even NEO_ICY is abandoning Coolpunk...

Looks like he thinks remixing Boppo's theme will be in? Results might vary.

He's 22... he'll recover.

drat, CPColdSnap is also moving on. He's the lovely teenager who made the harassment page, if you don't remember.

Hm, has he?

Oh wow, he did!

Let's look at his new movement. Newvement.

uh-huh...

ok...

This is getting out of control.

Shocking.

One day you'll discover you, Jerry!

Shocking.2

:siren: The Motivator - You Can Do It!

Here's the person who was mediating the Coolpunk Paradise. New genre, it's filled with motivational soundbytes and uplifting music.

I have to admit, the music is quite good. Completely out there for Hypnospace Outlaw I know.

:siren: The Chowder Man - Chowder Man Please Come Back Home

Hm. I think he's not doing so well. I suppose accidentally killing your friend will do that.

I really am getting that end of an era feeling.

Hm...

And what way to end it but with Coldsnap being a brat.

Sigh.

ohkay
Jul 26, 2013
I’m glad this LP is back!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yeah glad it's not the end of an era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Something has already broken, although luckily it was my mic and so won't impact the LP. But there's still time...