Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Danny Glands posted:

I think that it wasn't Zane and Corey who were messaging Tiff, but T1M spoofing their accounts...

That was also my take on it, especially my first time playing the game, but now that I look at it again with this LP, I'm beginning to wonder if Corey is a real person at all... :tinfoil:

Chinely posted:

Unfortunate news friends. While this LP isn't going on hiatus or anything that drastic, I HAVE been called back in to work for the time being. Which is fun and not at all worrying.

Updates are going to slow from daily to probably 2-3 times a week, spare time and how tired I am permitting.

Stay safe, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Banned from Hypnospace for doing our job as assigned because the head boss is a colossal manchild who is willing to open up his company to legal action because of muh freedoms. Sounds about right. Between this and the MS employee who was running the Accelerator to nuke load times of his favorite zone, it's a miracle that this company has lasted as long as it has.

A nice detail is that you can just narc on Roddy and/or Dylan as soon as you find them - they've both been doing this poo poo longer than you've been an enforcer, so you can even do it before you flag your first gooper if you know where to hit and how to hit it. What they're doing has always been against TOS, you've just never been tasked directly with finding it before now.

That seriously messes with the scripting of the game, though, and leaves you locked out of any zones you haven't unlocked naturally through your job, as well as forcing you to skip 11/27 if you hit Dylan and get banned before he melts your headband with Outlaw's alpha.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I am pretty sure the reason that Gus is so depressed isn't because Sherri turned him down, but rather that we banned Sherri immediately before he proposed to her, so he was screaming to the void and got only silence in return. :negative:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chatrapati posted:

I had no idea you could get to this point in the game having discovered so little. The way the game is presented here is so much better than my experience of it; the storyline just seems to flow so well. I'm not sure if this is because this is an LP of a game Chinely is familiar with, therefore they are in control of the narrative and how or which things get discovered, or if this is how other people also experienced the game. I would be curious to know (perhaps once the storyline elements which have yet to be revealed, are) how other people experienced this game. Either way, it is presented very well. :)

In my first playthrough of the game, blind, I hadn't discovered any of the r3ckoning stuff at this point, nor had I figured out how to use 3y3, meaning I couldn't get into Tim's actual page because I lacked the True Sight TM.

It's at least highly possible to fumble your way into through this point without knowing what's going on, especially if you manage to get onto FLIST earlier than absolutely necessary - GearheadGregg has a spare copy of Axxelerator, which provides you a constant backdoor into Roddy's spine for when they tell you to stab it, without even having to puzzle through the Freelands. (Don't do it before the actual job comes up, though; that's a sequence break and actually skips you past any missions that were supposed to be tackled before it)

Dash Rendar posted:

also does anyone want some Hypnospace gang tags?

There's the Zane Club or Gooper ones on the system. (Zane hasnt really gotten a lot of love)

Zane, and Seepage, are cool.

Well, no, Zane is a toxic sixteen year old but we've all been there I think.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ruzihm posted:

Just finished a replay of this game last night. Getting 3y3 early is an interesting choice.

You can get it as early as the very first day if you poke around in Goodtime Valley and don't mind paying for an unintended virus, as the LP showed. Then it's just figuring out how to crack open the samwich.

Granted, you, like the person you get it from, will likely have no clue what its purpose is and will assume that it's just a neat spooky thing.

EDIT: I forgot the LP actually showed it off :shobon:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 23, 2020

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

1GB is decent size for the late 90's, but it's not excessive. If I recall correctly, my 2001 computer had either a 16GB or 32GB hard drive. Remember Zip drives? They were mid-90's and had capacities in the hundreds of MB.

I also assume that the storage wasn't literally in the headband itself, but instead in the box the headband plugs into. This is more like a disk drive on a Tivo than a flash stick in a Walkman.

Then why was it only the Enforcer version that had the storage? Also, if it was a disc drive, would it really have survived 20 years of no use after its main output unit literally went up in flames?

Also x2, it sucks like hell that Tiff had to die like this, but sadly, I feel like she was the most inevitable of them all. Right at the beginning she was talking about her past epilepsy, and not even T1M paid it any mind with his flashy shaky poo poo, much less Dylan's stupid car game bricking everyone.

EDIT: Also x3 combo, T1M having (and leaking) Corey and Zane's passwords is more or less proof that he used the other two as sockpuppets to harass his crush. Yikes. He may not have ever been responsible for a murder (or four/five), but he sure was a dick of a teenager.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gaspy Conana posted:

I normally try and let folks think whatever they'd like buuuut those chatlogs were def Corey/Zane. Tiff posted pictures of herself in mid November, which possibly increased their interest in her. Zane/Corey change their pages at the same time announcing that they're both newly single and coincidentally now fans of horror movies, etc etc.

Huh. Weirdly glad to hear it.