Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Whew, happy this is continuing. This was where I petered out on the game and just read pages. Found the one red flag, but didn't get the other. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I MUST talk about the Klyfta tapes. This type of dude who was old-in-the-90s, wild, but hip with it enough to be on digital spaces is so true to my lived experience, but I haven't found it represented until I read the notes for the Klyfta band camp. When you find an airbrushed van out in the wild, ask the owner who did his piece and you will find someone who is just as well known in the Long Beach SCA scene as he is in the Geocities Vanlyfe webring.

https://schlarb.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-pilgrimage-the-klyfta-tapes-1972-1975

quote:

It was November 1974. An exhausted 18-year-old Bill Aldrin was clocking out following a ten hour shelf stocking stint at King Foods' Ojai location. In the same plaza stood Bill's personal nirvana, a closet-sized record store called Hi-Fi Fever. It was there that Bill would tithe a portion of his King Foods earnings every other Friday. In exchange for Bill's unwavering loyalty, Ojai's god of music (aka Henry, Hi-Fi's proprietor) would set aside whichever bargain bin records had the longest track times and most otherworldly cover art. Bill would purchase these artifacts and embark on a weekend of blissful sojourns across uncharted sonic landscapes. Klyfta's A (1972) and B (1974) were among the most memorable of these adventures.

It is now 2020. That exhausted 18-year-old Bill is now a relaxed 63-year-old Bill and the mind behind Ojai's longest running music publication, Aldrin's House of Sound. That Bill also happens to have been partially responsible for the Klyfta 'revival' of the early 2000s, following his online sleeptime chronicling of the band's music and history. That Bill, dear liner note readers, is me. I am that Bill..... *text continues for length of first track*