Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
The laptop I played this on was terrible and I literally thought the game was bugging out in this chapter. This was also the shortest chapter by far for me since I'd basically solved all of the puzzles by the time the chapter started, which made me a bit sad. There are advantages and disadvantages to leaving so many clues about everything all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I had no idea you could get to this point in the game having discovered so little. The way the game is presented here is so much better than my experience of it; the storyline just seems to flow so well. I'm not sure if this is because this is an LP of a game Chinely is familiar with, therefore they are in control of the narrative and how or which things get discovered, or if this is how other people also experienced the game. I would be curious to know (perhaps once the storyline elements which have yet to be revealed, are) how other people experienced this game. Either way, it is presented very well. :)

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Chinely posted:

A lot of it is narrative control - I showed off getting 3y3 right at the start and could have blitzed in to flst and m1nx, but you aren't really supposed to know how to do that first time round. My reasoning was that I wouldn't really show anything unless it made sense, or the game hinted at it.

Glad you're enjoying it though!! My first time through was so long ago that I can't really remember it, but I do remember getting frustrated and blitzing through right at the end. Not for any real reason, I had just been playing too long and was in a bad mood.

I probably would have discovered less if I hadn't discovered early on that there were secrets in the game (I'd accidentally downloaded the 3y3 in a wallpaper pack in the first chapter), but once you have that knowledge, it becomes very tempting to snoop around and read into things. I had definitely discovered m1nx by this point, and had already completed a few of the upcoming quests, which made the last bit of the game feel quite lacklustre, when it has the potential to be very exciting.

It's difficult to say whether it's a fun game or not, but it's certainly interesting. I was also frustrated when I played, but I was writing my dissertation at the same time, so I doubt the game was at fault! I think the major appeal is getting to know the different characters and their interactions. The music is also surprisingly good, I still get the Gray's Peak soda song stuck in my head.

Dash Rendar posted:

also does anyone want some Hypnospace gang tags?

There's the Zane Club or Gooper ones on the system. (Zane hasnt really gotten a lot of love)

I've never had a gang tag. I'll give Zane some love. :dukedog:

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 20, 2020

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I forgot about that guy's rap songs. I laughed as soon as I read the lyrics to them, they're so sweet!