Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Hey, thanks for the LP! Really neat reading your thoughts (and the replies!) while playing.

geri_khan posted:

There's some sort of copyright problem deal with "I Choose" on Tamara's page. A bunch of people doing video LPs got dinged for it. I think it's been patched out of the game now.

Yeah. That song was listed as Public Domain on the Internet Archive so I foolishly assumed it'd be fine. I sent the original artist a courtesy email letting her know that I'd used her song from the Internet Archive in the game and it got a little weird. Resolved now. Learned a lesson. We've recorded 4 new Tamara tracks with new poems for an update coming in the near future that will coincide with a console release. :0)

OH, also worth noting that Barnaby's Chair is actually Dan Warren/mofolotopo from the forums here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Dang, noticing quite a few text glitches here. Especially on Phaedrala's page where the titles should all be a higher res medieval-y font. Also the top of Reggie Paulson's page. The HS Guides uses text boxes as effects and those aren't meant to be messed up either, tho I'm not concerned about those. Are you using the Steam version of the game?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thankfully in a game like this stuff like that can fly! But good, I'm glad that was just a weird edge case bug. I hope it isn't super widespread. :S Thanks for checking!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Yeah, one of my regrets is calling the currency -coin because folks assume it's some 2010s crypto type thing when it's really more like Beenz or Nintendo Gold/Silver points or any other faux currency rewards program. Hypnocoin has no cash value and there's nothing actually backing it up, it's just funbux. CapaCash isn't crypto either, it works like paypal.

Some cartoony logic here but in Janitor you agree to work for this company as an accountant by downloading the program. In it you're given the choice to permanently delete receipts and other records and are held legally liable for your own actions - hence all the disclaimers everywhere. You get Hypnocoin for destroying 'piles' of documents but not the documents themselves. So you're effectively shredding documents of a shady company.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Hey, hope you're gonna be okay financially and otherwise. :S That sounds spooky. Also, fyi, there aren't any songs in the game that will be claimed/removed. There were two instances of it, one on accident and one the aforementioned Tamara thing. Both have been sorted now though. :0) Most of the stuff was made specifically for the game so we made sure to deal with that as quickly as possible.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

KataraniSword posted:

EDIT: Also x3 combo, T1M having (and leaking) Corey and Zane's passwords is more or less proof that he used the other two as sockpuppets to harass his crush. Yikes. He may not have ever been responsible for a murder (or four/five), but he sure was a dick of a teenager.

I normally try and let folks think whatever they'd like buuuut those chatlogs were def Corey/Zane. Tiff posted pictures of herself in mid November, which possibly increased their interest in her. Zane/Corey change their pages at the same time announcing that they're both newly single and coincidentally now fans of horror movies, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Yep! Update + console launch! More info in this vid. If you saw this thread and had any interest in playing yourself, now's a good time. Here's a new trailer on it:

https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1295753287111782400

There's quite a bit of new content, but it's essentially the "what the game would've been like at launch if we had a few more months of dev time" update. Not to downplay it, there's a good amount there, but it's spread out across the entire game and much of it is unlisted. :)