Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

The purge now always comes for the coffer you activate it at. The bad guy camp will spawn near the coffer base and enemies will comes from there.

Make sure you explore the enemy camp once you've killed the bad guys. That's where the prisoners are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Minnesota Manatee posted:

The changes to character rotation sound truly terrible but I can't even try any of this out because I was caught in the bullshit ban wave. Look at this poo poo,

Lmao funcompetence at its finest :discourse:

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Minnesota Manatee posted:

The most important thing to mention is that apparently there's a new purge enemy that will destroy your gates in one hit, which is unintended.

It's the battering ram dudes, and it's actually worse than that - they destroy anything in one hit. This includes things like foundation blocks and stairs. I tried two purges last night and both ended when they accidentally destroyed a staircase, which triggered a retreat since the coffer was suddenly unreachable.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there any way to know whether a location will be valid for a purge defense? I just wasted a bunch of time setting up a nice little defensive area for the purge and I got the 'no valid basecamp locations' error. Pretty frustrating.

Edit: loving hell I spent another day rebuilding a better fortress in the wide open near the center of the map and it still can't find a place to put camp. REAL FRUSTRATING. We're just going to enable creative mode to build a similar base somewhere else because gently caress moving it all over. I really wish there was a way to see if a location would work before you build an entire base.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 17, 2023

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Tsilkani posted:

Something to keep in mind is that the level of the purge is determined by the amount of treasure in your coffer, so you can take stuff out to get the minimum level to make it quicker and easier. They haven't said anything about the barkeep having a minimum purge level to get.

I found 2 bartenders doing level 1 purges. Even found an Isscar in a level 1 purge. There haven't been too many demolishers in level 1 purges so it should be managable.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I eventually figured it out, I had one barrier that was slightly in the way of the pathing to the point that I had to duck to get through it. Once I moved that the purges have been able to be summoned no problem and we did find a Bartender in the 2nd or 3rd T1 we did. Like you said very few demolishers and the ones that did come through were easily taken out.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Fortunately a couple of modders have provided fixes for the demolisher and camel bugs, plus a reversion of the controversial combat changes.

I wasn't too bothered by the player attack direction change but the perfect attack tracking for NPCs felt like rear end to fight against and looked completely ridiculous on large enemies like the crocodile boss. I hope it's not permanent.

piano chimp fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 25, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I didn't quite understand what people were complaining about with the combat changes before but I was trying to fight enemies chasing down my buddy last night and kept whiffing because they were moving, is that why?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

explosivo posted:

I didn't quite understand what people were complaining about with the combat changes before but I was trying to fight enemies chasing down my buddy last night and kept whiffing because they were moving, is that why?

From what I understand it might have been whiffing because you were moving, since the change makes attacks go in the direction you're moving or something?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I started playing the recent update. There is a problem with combat and also animals seem to have borked animations (running backwards for example). I also decoded to activate a purge. It took 3 tries before it spawned properly. It was a tier 9 purge and... lets just saw i did win but all of my golems, most of my thralls and all of my animals died. Looks like the wheels of pain are going to be mighty busy going forward.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It seems like the new update has pissed a lot of people off, with the grind (particularly Battle Pass grind) being a lot worse.

I've ducked back in again because I haven't really tried the single-player siege - and never really bother with the Battle Pass - but spawning a Werehyena ten feet away from me when I'm level 11 is kind of obnoxious. gently caress you, Saggy Balls

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I haven’t tried it since the new battle pass popped. I would just go into single player mode and use the admin mode to quickly blast through it. Hopefully I can still do that.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Nash posted:

I haven’t tried it since the new battle pass popped. I would just go into single player mode and use the admin mode to quickly blast through it. Hopefully I can still do that.

No, I'm pretty sure the changes were done specifically to counter this. Now you get little bits of xp from doing crafting, harvesting, or building, and every week you get three big challenges to complete. This week was kill 3 1-skull animals, kill 5 giant animals, and kill 5 world bosses. You can still go into admin mode and cheat it out, and get about 3 pass levels per objective, but then you have to wait a week for them to refresh.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Its incredible how much theyve recycled from Age of Conan. A lot of the background music i know ive heard before. Besides that I really hate the big animals in Conan, how they work and how they are animated. I swear the mammoth animations have not changed since Age of Conan. Would it kill the devs to create turning animations? Also fighting large creatures is just an unfun experience.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I got stuck between two rocknoses earlier. Literally couldn't move to the point where they both lost aggro and reset.
This game's been out how long?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It's Funcom. They make really cool games that are completely broken.

Like, I really loved Age of Conan's opening. I was very close to subbing, but it just gets so janky and the further you get from the tutorial town. It's sad because the world design and music are so beautiful, and the combo combat system is kind of cool. Same for Secret World.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Burns posted:

Its incredible how much theyve recycled from Age of Conan. A lot of the background music i know ive heard before. Besides that I really hate the big animals in Conan, how they work and how they are animated. I swear the mammoth animations have not changed since Age of Conan. Would it kill the devs to create turning animations? Also fighting large creatures is just an unfun experience.

They probably counted on everyone having forgotten AoC by now :v:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's Funcom. They make really cool games that are completely broken.

Like, I really loved Age of Conan's opening. I was very close to subbing, but it just gets so janky and the further you get from the tutorial town. It's sad because the world design and music are so beautiful, and the combo combat system is kind of cool. Same for Secret World.

lol Age of Conan had the biggest catfish experience I've ever seen anywhere, you had a very cool top notch intro experience and then as soon as you finish the newbie area it hits a brick wall, the bricks are made out of doodoo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Flesh Forge posted:

lol Age of Conan had the biggest catfish experience I've ever seen anywhere, you had a very cool top notch intro experience and then as soon as you finish the newbie area it hits a brick wall, the bricks are made out of doodoo

lol, these are facts

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Bogus Adventure posted:

lol, these are facts
yep, the good review scores were based on the newbie zone and not the grindfest beyond that. many of the classes/talents/whatever were broken too as I recall and it wasn’t apparent at lower levels

but you could troll people by kicking them off bridges with your horse!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just got this a few nights ago to play with friends. Are all Agility weapons pretty valid for PvE stuff? Using hardened steel punch daggers atm at level 39 in light armor. Any advice on particular armors I should go for?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 8, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Either one of strength or agility is completely fine, agility has more fun gameplay due to double jump. Highly recommend the Javelin Improved mod because it adds a really well fleshed out full spectrum of one-handed spears for both strength and agility, with unique animations for both dual wielded spears and spear+shield. really well done mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1701136207

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
On public pvp server mostly, but will check with friend hosting his private coop to see if hes running that. ty!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

agility weapons include bows* so don't forget about them for bosses that hit hard or when you just can't be bothered to melee low level mobs.

*some legendaries that normally use AGI will use STR and vice versa

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, I have always been Str in this game on all our various restarts and when we restarted this time (for Chapter 3 a few months back), I was all OK, this time I will try Agi for real.

Shortsword + shield turns out to be pretty cool, you can stab while the shield is up. Javelins were okay. Mainly I was just pew pewing with my mediocre bow from horseback.

Then I get a Legendary weapon, woohoo! It's a bow, hooray! It's a bow that... uses Str? FINE, game, I'll take the hint. One yellow potion later and I'm back to a Str build.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Looks like a recent hoyfix did something to player damage. Some of my weapons do next to no damage now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Apparently theres a bug with the Explore the Midnight Grove step of Dungeon Delver not completing, ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

The hotfix broke being able to toggle sprint so you either have to rebind your sprint to some other button that you can stand pressing or you have to hold L3 the entire time you want to sprint. A friend and I play on a private server he runs and I honestly think I've hit the point where I just can't do it anymore.

At least we figured out that some of the challenges not completing was because he gave himself admin to be able to fly around when building. Apparently if you are admin and you touch an enemy for a challenge, it won't count for anyone. :toot: