Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Thralls are an issue I’m trying to figure out on Siptah. I might just have to join a clan and go on clan raids for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am way to impressed by how good this looks

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Is that the Argos set?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nash posted:

Is that the Argos set?

Yup, the statues are from Aquilonia though.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Those two sets basically are meant to go together.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i fuckin love this game. i played siptah for a while but i really hate the thrall system and you can't build on like half the map so it's kinda a bummer. im hoping it gets a lot more fleshed out in the future. i wish they would have spent more time on the exiled lands adding more depth instead. it's come a long way but i think there's a lot more they could do with sepermeru still

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is anyone still playing this? It seems right up my alley.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MarcusSA posted:

We're pretty much waiting for the major patch which is going to add a ton of stuff to Siptah. At most I've been logging in to build onto my stupidly huge wall around my palace.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

We're pretty much waiting for the major patch which is going to add a ton of stuff to Siptah. At most I've been logging in to build onto my stupidly huge wall around my palace.

Fair enough! I’ve been watching some stuff on YouTube and I think I’ll pick it up next time it goes on sale.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

MarcusSA posted:

Valheim exists now. This will likely have some effect on people playing this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

Valheim exists now. This will likely have some effect on people playing this.

Yeah I’ve been playing Valheim and it’s great but I wanna give it some more time to marinate before I really dig in.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I play a lot in single-player. I haven't been on goon server much because that character is relatively weak. I don't have the itch as much with that one, but I do progress in fits and starts.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Tell me there's some way to go straight to crafting on a controller :negative:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok so I managed to get a cheap key for this and the expansion and so far it’s pretty good!

I made my ladies boobs too big though and my S/O couldn’t stop laughing.

I died like 80 times and my bed roll stopped working for some reason?

I’m gonna try and build a house today though.

Valhiem is great it just needs more polish and I feel like this game is gonna be fun while I wait for that to happen.

Is there a goon server people play on or is it just whatever?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

MarcusSA posted:

Ok so I managed to get a cheap key for this and the expansion and so far it’s pretty good!

I made my ladies boobs too big though and my S/O couldn’t stop laughing.

I died like 80 times and my bed roll stopped working for some reason?

I’m gonna try and build a house today though.

Valhiem is great it just needs more polish and I feel like this game is gonna be fun while I wait for that to happen.

Is there a goon server people play on or is it just whatever?

Server info is in another thread linked at the top of the OP:

Note that it's a bit inactive right now, but it's still fun playing on a map with other people since you can run around and see all the neat stuff we've built. There are also community chests at some of our settlements so you may find some helpful goodies!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hakarne posted:

Server info is in another thread linked at the top of the OP:

Note that it's a bit inactive right now, but it's still fun playing on a map with other people since you can run around and see all the neat stuff we've built. There are also community chests at some of our settlements so you may find some helpful goodies!

Awesome thanks! I’ll check it out later.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Valheim is probably my first survival builder game, and I like it a lot. Gonna come up to the end of the possible content in just a week or two though. How does Conan compare? What's similar / what's different?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Valheim is probably my first survival builder game, and I like it a lot. Gonna come up to the end of the possible content in just a week or two though. How does Conan compare? What's similar / what's different?

I’ve played both recently so off the top of my head.

You can play pretty dress up in Conan.

Lots of different building options.

I think I like the combat better in Conan.

Obviously the graphics in Conan are different and it works for the setting.

I like that I can hold X down to harvest (unless it’s an option in Valheim).

Building in Conan is easier / more intuitive IMO.

The survival aspect in Conan is a much bigger deal at first. You definitely have to eat and drink to not die.

Valheim is EA so I’m sure they are going to catch up pretty quick.

They are both good games.

I picked up Conan and the expansion for $27 and it’s absolutely been a great time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Of the Survival Crafting games I've played, Conan has the best building stuff. There's tons of options and pieces so you can really play around and find something that you really like or just combine everything as you see fit.

As long as you keep an eye on stability, its pretty easy to build something massive. Its hard to really compair Conan and Valhiem because one is barely a month old and the other has been around for years.

The best Conan videos are Neebs Gaming series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzt-0M9p4ro

I am pretty sure they're going to do a Siptah thing soon, probably after the big patch drops.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Anyone who plays this a fan of the REH works? How faithful is it? Is there a campaign where you can do stuff? Any of the cool prose make the cut? I'm asking how sword & sorcery this truly is compared to a strictly crafting game like Rust or whatever.
I want a Conan game first. Will this suffice? (I played the old beat-em-up)

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Anyone who plays this a fan of the REH works? How faithful is it? Is there a campaign where you can do stuff? Any of the cool prose make the cut? I'm asking how sword & sorcery this truly is compared to a strictly crafting game like Rust or whatever.
I want a Conan game first. Will this suffice? (I played the old beat-em-up)

There isn't really much of a story, it would probably be more apt to call it Hyborian Exiles since its more about the setting of the novels rather than a strong Conan narrative.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’ve read a good amount of Conan stories and I enjoy this. Some of my friends play and always want me to play on mod servers with elves and orcs and other stuff and I hate it.

There are lots of references to Conan stories in the races and flavor text. There was some stuff I saw or read in the game that I got a kick out of that my friends didn’t get.

Is it necessary to have read some Conan to enjoy the game? No. Does it make the flavor of the game better? I think so.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Am I doing it wrong or does it really take 10 min to make one iron bar?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Put a thrall on the furnace to speed it up. Then put a stack of mats in and go adventuring while it cooks.

(Suggestion: if playing offline, go into the options and change how long thrall breaking takes. It's designed for online servers where it will keep counting down while you're logged off, but SP games won't do that. So make it faster.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Put a thrall on the furnace to speed it up. Then put a stack of mats in and go adventuring while it cooks.

(Suggestion: if playing offline, go into the options and change how long thrall breaking takes. It's designed for online servers where it will keep counting down while you're logged off, but SP games won't do that. So make it faster.)

Thanks I’ll do that! My issue was I was only using one iron stone and I guess you need 2 lol

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

If anybody is interested in a casual PvP server, I set one up with some friends and have been trying to get more people on there. Here is the link to the PGS thread if anybody is interested. We aren't super experienced, just trying to have fun fighting against fellow goons.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there any way to fast travel around the map? Or do we have to travel and rebuild all the work stations each time we want to relocate?

FrenchBen
Nov 30, 2013

victrix posted:

Is there any way to fast travel around the map? Or do we have to travel and rebuild all the work stations each time we want to relocate?

You might already have seen Obelisks around the map (structure with a purple glow, gives corruption); a NPC in the ruined city can give you a feat that lets you create a large setpiece that lets you teleport to any obelisk you've unlocked. You'll still need to create another setpiece as mentioned above to travel back.

Or if playing solo, hit Esc, server settings and make yourself admin for unlimited fast travel via CTRL + right-click on destination you want on map.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

If anyone else has started playing after running out of content in Valheim, I've been toodling around on the goon server the last few days. It's interesting seeing all the nerd forts from ages past!

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I too got sucked in by Valheim and am looking for similar games. Looks like Fanatical and Humble have the base game for $16 currently. Is that a good entry point, or is it cheaper with some regularity?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Geburan posted:

I too got sucked in by Valheim and am looking for similar games. Looks like Fanatical and Humble have the base game for $16 currently. Is that a good entry point, or is it cheaper with some regularity?

That's a pretty good price, not sure it goes much lower.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

According the CheapShark the lowest recorded price was 10 bucks, so pretty close.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
Finally got around to trying this out. Went in mostly blind. The trip report from the servers: it’s a ghost town. I only have the base game and play late night America West Coast, but I couldn’t even find servers with a population in my quick scan. I went to some rando official server. So far it’s kind of meh. Having a real hard time finding which recipes I need to unlock in order to do things, even though I have a ton of points available. I probably pumped my carry endurance too much, and most of the starting area enemies really wreck me. I may start again on a solo server so I have more admin control. Am I missing anything, or is this game mostly dead now?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think the big issue right now is they announced a huge amount of stuff for Siptah and no one really wants to play until it gets released.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Just got the patch, excited to check out the new stuff when the PGS servers are updated.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I’ve barely scratched the surface with Siptah so far but it’s ok. Flotsam set is nicely designed as usual, and the idea of these vaults scattered all over the place is fine. Access to crafting mats is WAY easier than in the original too. Working on recreating some of those old California style haciendas as a home from home.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this just got added to Gamespass? I know little other then the dong slider. Are there any tutorials that people can recommend?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So this just got added to Gamespass? I know little other then the dong slider. Are there any tutorials that people can recommend?

There are a bunch of good beginner tip videos on YouTube. Though I got my info on what to do from the Neebs gaming series on conan.

My biggest tip for new players is to find a safe spot, built a base near water, and work towards metal tools and weapons.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Twitch drops also went live today and will be going for the next five days. Just have to link your account and watch two hours of anyone who has drops enabled to get all three items each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I own the base game but haven't played since release. Is there any DLC worth picking up that adds new land/content beyond armour sets and building materials?