Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

This looks kinda interesting but would probably require I get a usb hub for my switch, I assume any generic one would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Argue posted:

Your dock has two USB ports.

uh, pretty sure it has 3 but I got all of them plugged already and I am lazy enough I'd rather just get a hub.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

The Kins posted:

SmileBasic 4 has been temporarily removed from sale in Europe due to age-rating related bureaucracy.
https://twitter.com/smilebasic_com/status/1255746406121238529

Well poo poo, guess I'm not buying this after all.

EDIT: discovered another fun thing, apparently there's not a lot of keyboard layouts supported by the switch, does smilebasic have some built in way to switch layout?

organburner fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 1, 2020

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Your Computer posted:

I realize I already have half the posts in this thread but I'm just having a lot of fun

currently toying with pixel-based collision detection using a collision map. It's not quite there yet but the results are pretty promising for a single night of work!
https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1256622576064851971?s=20

IMO you need to post more tbh...

Because I can't buy this thing ;_;

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I do have one question, can you change the keyboard layout in the game? The switch has poo poo keyboard layout support and trying to program without knowing where symbols are is a pain in the poo poo.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Well that sucks.

Add nordic keyboard support nintendo you cowards!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

ErrEff posted:

It's still available in the US eShop, right? You could change your Nintendo account's region. Just make sure you have no outstanding funds on your account before you make the switch. You might also run into an issue where your credit card is denied, in which case you can get some US eShop card codes.

Or make a new account entirely for just the US shop (it will have to remain on your system for DRM purposes, however).

I know, but :effort:
Also I got some other poo poo to do right now so getting this isn't top priority right now.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

gently caress yeah, pixel physics!

Man there was a cave flyer game called wings or something that I used to play a lot as a kid that was full of that stuff, it was great!

Fake edit: Turns out they made a sequel
http://www.wings2.net/index.php?page=news

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Looking good!

This still isn't available in EU store but I'm doing other projects so I'll just wait.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

good dunj

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

God drat that looks great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Awww hell yeah!