Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

:stare:

If I can make flashing lines and crunchy noises, then I'll at least have nostalgically relived some of my ZX Spectrum owning youth.

Outside of what is already in the OP, are there any newbie-tier resources that people might recommend?

Also, *man* am I glad I managed to dig out a spare keyboard and mouse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

ErrEff posted:

Found this, it's a helpful text guide to understand the language and syntax, with examples.

Good find! That should totally be added to the OP.

I don't know exactly why, but thinking about what ideas to play around with for this had me nosing through decades old code, from when I used to have a website that hosted a number of games implemented as Java applets.

Magimix Sokoban will return... (Because I'm assuming I can't just stick the assets for Magimix Mahjongg on my switch, and gently caress drawing all those tileset myself)

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
:captainpop:

drat, the stuff you are doing is so far in excess of anything I'm even *thinking* of trying!