Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Will you be getting any Half-Life items? The Gravity Gloves are KILLER.

Oh for sure. I was actually really surprised at the utility of that item, I thought it was just gonna be a reskin of the item it is a skin for but it turns out it's got its own functionality! Really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:tviv: I have somehow missed any knowledge of this, it's added for the PC release I guess?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yes, for the Steam release. Not sure about the Epic store version. They're all pretty good with the one I highlighted being a true game changer. I tried to get the final one last night but the game crashed twice at the same spot so I found it on YouTube after about 5 minutes of searching.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just randomly bumping this thread because a friend sent me some old holiday snaps today and I noticed they were taken at a place called Cadzand-Bad Strand in Belgium.

Then it clicked, "strand" is the German word for beach.

Kojima's games always seem to contain infinite layers of meaning and puns.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
SOUL THAT IS A LIE

no kojima stop

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also die hardman is "the hardman" in german.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"It's German, I was actually saying The Hardman, The."

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I miss this LP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I miss it too! It'll be coming back starting hopefully this week, I uprooted pretty much everything and moved out of my grandparents' house recently so that in addition to my stomach issues has left me a little busy.

If you're in the mood for long hikes through very pretty landscapes with lots to see along the way while you wait, I streamed the entire Serious Sam series over the course of the past week and a half or so while I was settling in. To the tune of, uh, 41 hours of video. It's a bit more... shooty, than Death Stranding, though.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 6, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Excellent, looking forward to the return of "Serious" Sam Porter Bridges :getin:

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

CJacobs posted:

I miss it too! It'll be coming back starting hopefully this week, I uprooted pretty much everything and moved out of my grandparents' house recently so that in addition to my stomach issues has left me a little busy.

If you're in the mood for long hikes through very pretty landscapes with lots to see along the way while you wait, I streamed the entire Serious Sam series over the course of the past week and a half or so while I was settling in. To the tune of, uh, 41 hours of video. It's a bit more... shooty, than Death Stranding, though.

I miss it too. But don't get too pressured. Take your time. It gets here when it gets here. And it will be awesome.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Excellent, looking forward to the return of "Serious" Sam Porter Bridges :getin:

:eyepop:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It's largely bullets and rockets that he delivers, though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would have liked to see you try out the various side games of Serious Sam, but some of them were plain terrible.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I don't know if this is the place to ask, but... how are your stomach issues?

I ask this because I'm a fellow stomach issues-er, and have therefore felt extra bad for you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks for asking, you have my sympathies believe me. I wish I had good news but it's about the same as it's ever been, though I'm learning to live around it at least. Frustrated with my doctors because they refuse to actually TRY things, instead preferring to perform the same endoscopies and colonoscopies and give me the same useless advice over and over without prescribing anything. It seems they or the US healthcare system would rather I wait months and months and maybe possibly potentially actually confirm what the issue is, seemingly uncaring that people like me can go their entire lives without any real resolution due to their cowardice. So screw 'em! I'm currently treating myself for parasites via mebendazole and probiotics since they won't (or can't) help me by prescribing them. The good news is, this'll help me narrow it down no matter what- it'll either be another dead end with no real negative side effects, or the solution to my problems. We'll see!

edit: And that's not to say I'm being unsafe, or that I don't trust my doctors. I totally do, I just think they're being timid and unwilling to run trials of drugs on me like one would see in a civilized country because my insurance will go ballistic if they prescribe something that makes me sick or kills me or whathaveyou. Such is life in the United States, but I ain't gonna take it lying down anymore personally.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 6, 2020

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hope you succeed. I've managed to get a handle on it after many years, but my doctors (European, here) have been more than forthcoming, too. Curse the US health care system!

The main thing that helped me initially, though, was switching over to the FODMAP diet. Maybe that's something that will work for you?

I will now stop clogging up this toilet of a walking simulator thread with unsollicited medical advice. :banjo:

placid saviour fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 7, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
*deedle deedle*

Sam, this is Poop Hardman.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dareon posted:

*deedle deedle*

rear end you know,

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dareon posted:

*deedle deedle*

Shart talking.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
*groans*

Looks like this thread is headed straight for the toilet. Shame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's the most Kojima way to go, honestly.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
When you gotta go, you gotta go.

And I, Heartman, will be there, ready and waiting, when you do.

Your doodoo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dareon posted:

*deedle deedle*

No, no, Kojima is all about the poop flowing too easily

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah if there's one thing Kojima loving loves it's a tonally inconsistent throughline about a dude having terrible bowel issues

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st-36t_bUnQ

Going to be relaunching the LP soon, starting fresh on the PC version with 4K60 footage and a new perspective in the commentary... but I figured you may want to see this first. :)

I had to put this LP on hold for various reasons, but now that I can pick it back up I've decided to start over from a more story conscious perspective. Death Stranding is a wonderful game with a wonderful, wild, weird world. But in my opinion one major weakness that drags the story down is, unfortunately, trying to slot the protagonist himself into the story Kojima Productions wrote. Well, not anymore. I'm going to do my very best to re-frame the story of Death Stranding to be more personal to Sam without changing any of the core elements. I hope you will join me for it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 10, 2021

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Lovely to see this back!

Also, what's the Chvrches sing you used?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AltaBrown posted:

Lovely to see this back!

Also, what's the Chvrches sing you used?

It's straight-up called 'Death Stranding', it's the game's theme song. The video features three versions, the one from the game itself and two live versions because I think Lauren's voice sounds much better with some vibrato on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv2yNre7saU

They did a wonderful performance at The Game Awards in 2019!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 11, 2021

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Are you planning on reusing this thread for the continuation or starting a new one? If you make a new thread will you let us all know where to find it?

I enjoyed this LP while it was still going and I look forward to take two.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm just gonna make a new thread with a new OP for cleanliness/archival purposes, but I'll link it here when I launch it and close this one to avoid any confusion. :)

edit: I added subtitles/closed captions to the video as some of the dialogue is difficult to discern with certain sound setups/hearing disabilities. Thank you for the feedback!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 11, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"What's it been, CJacobs...ten years?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"No intestines for the wicked, huh?"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I return every hundred years, when cjacobs awakens

sometimes you gotta post a reference that's just for you

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 11, 2021

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i'm excited for this!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It's straight-up called 'Death Stranding', it's the game's theme song.

Thank you for answering, and not making me feel like an idiot for asking what turns out to be an obvious question.

Chvrches loving rules.

And so do you.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Looking forward to the new thread :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heads up, it's gonna be a while longer. The good news is, thanks to my new GP who is a real cool dude with good practical knowledge and bedside manner, I have finally discovered what's been plaguing me all this time. He made a pretty significant discovery that answers a whole lotta questions. The bad news is I've got a cantaloupe in my rear end and it may be prostate cancer.

https://twitter.com/CJacobsLP/status/1361858530131791873?s=20

I know I don't need to say sorry but I've been doin' this to you folks for a long time, making plans and then canceling them last minute, and once I'm outta the woods I swear it'll never happen again. Now to find my way outta these drat woods! Thank you all very much for being cool and understanding about your drip feed of light entertainment and literary analysis and I'll see you folks soon.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 17, 2021

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

jeez, that sounds real bad! i'm glad you have a good GP now though!

(the C stands for "cantaloupe-sized")

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Dude, take the time you need! As Christopher Guest once said, "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.", and he is a wise, wise man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Well hopefully the C doesn't stand for "cancer"!

Best of luck man; that sounds awful.