Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
We've waited this long for the Continuing Adventures of BB (and his sidekick, Norman Reedus), we can wait a while longer if it means you can get better dude. So get better, dude! We're pulling for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw man, sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the recovery.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Stay safe, CJacobs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Take care of yourself mate.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Congratulations for getting a good GP!

I hope you get the treatment you need, it works, and you get well soon!

Take care.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
I had to google what a cantaloupe was...JFC :stare:

I wish you all the best and hope you recover soon. Take your time.

Death Stranding posted:

Let's make a toast to the damned waitin' for tomorrow
When we're played out by the band drowning out our sorrows
What will become of us now at the end of time?
We'll be fine, you and I
Let's draw a line in the sand, keep it straight and narrow
We had it all in our hands, we begged and then we borrowed
What will become of us all at the end of love
When we've stopped looking up?

You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark

Let's tell the truth, just for once, asking for an answer
Now that it's all said and done, nothing really matters
What will become of us all if we dare to dream
At the end of the scene?

You can take my heart
Hold it together as we fall apart

Let's open up to the sky, askin' it for closure
'Least we can say that we tried, but it's never really over
What will become of us all at the end of the line?
Will we live? Will we die?

You can take my heart
And you can take my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tae8F4gkfiw

Qwezz fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 19, 2021

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
drat. Take care, my dude.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Hope you don't have cancer and make a speedy recovery. At least you know what's causing the problem. I myself found out a few years ago what was causing chronic health problems for me, and aside from being able to try and treat it, knowing what to call the source of my problems was a big mental relief.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Doing some catching up and I hope you're doing well, CJacobs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you kindly, pal. Sorry for going quiet about it after making a big hullaballoo, I have been resting, but news is good! Since putting on the brakes I've moved house again and shortly thereafter received a proper, resolvable diagnosis (uh from the ER it was not great); it was proctitis and prostatitis both, with most of the pain caused by two inflammatory infections in the same spot on the body fighting for space. Just hard to catch or treat either of em cuz they just kept bouncing back and forth. Check the pee and it's clear cuz it's proctitis right now, do a colonoscopy and it's clear cuz it's prostatitis right now, and so on and so on. This is, it seems, what has been ailing me for the past four or so years off and on.

And now it is, I hope, over. After some nuclear strength antibiotics I'm feeling much better and getting active again! Starting to have good 'normal' days where I can hop outta bed so I streamed RE8 in three parts recently and it was an absolute blast. Gonna have a follow-up soon to see if more treatment is needed and some time to just chill and then it's back on the winding LP trail, baby.

edit: And suffice it to say, I do not have cancer. In hindsight it was pretty irresponsible of the doctor to tell me that it was so likely right as I was being put on a 30-day regimen of drugs that disallow tests for cancer!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 28, 2021

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CJacobs posted:

I streamed RE8 in three parts recently and it was an absolute blast.

Ooh, I'd been hoping someone I liked better than jacksepticeye had done RE8. Glad you're feeling better and don't have cancer, too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For anyone on the fence about watching it, here is exactly how blind I was on RE8

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

CJacobs posted:

edit: And suffice it to say, I do not have cancer. In hindsight it was pretty irresponsible of the doctor to tell me that it was so likely right as I was being put on a 30-day regimen of drugs that disallow tests for cancer!

Well phew, that's good news. I'd been wondering how that turned out.

My dad got cancer last year (JFC what a lovely year). So far it's responding to treatment alright for the most part, but it's not a great time.

CJacobs posted:

For anyone on the fence about watching it, here is exactly how blind I was on RE8

Ever since they started showing off RE8 with all its apparent RE4 influences, I've been hoping it's more RE4 and less RE7, but I played the RE8 demo and it felt a lot more like RE7. I thought RE7 was fine... but RE4 is a goddamn classic.

Anyway I don't want to watch your streams yet because I want to play RE8 myself first - once it goes on sale, probably - but hey, maybe later.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CJ, I'm just glad to see you're still with us.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

:peanut:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Congratulations, CJacobs.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Have a happy cancer free time then.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Seriously glad you don't have cancer and that you're still with us. Also dammit I kinda wanna play RE8 myself too but since I haven't even gotten to RE4 yet (I am behind on a billion different games) maybe I'll watch it later.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QmQzIso8Y8

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Time to start the LP over from the beginning, I guess!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I can only imagine Die Hardman's glee at getting ready for a whole 'nother round of telling Sam things he would already know :f5:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Rat in the vent, cardboard box fetishism. I wonder if there's a reason for it being so extremely Metal Gear.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Antistar01 posted:

Rat in the vent, cardboard box fetishism. I wonder if there's a reason for it being so extremely Metal Gear.

He gets in the box, then goes 'nah' and gently puts it back on the shelf. This isn't Metal Gear, it wants to make sure you know that. It invokes it to remind you that Kojima has moved on.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
He didn't put The Orange back in, though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Antistar01 posted:

Pretty much the exact opposite imo. Sam picking up the box and placing it exactly where he found it is exactly the kind of Kojima symbolism that is meant to be taken literally.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
So, does this mean the LP is on hold at least till the DC comes out?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

stryth posted:

So, does this mean the LP is on hold at least till the DC comes out?

Unfortunately yes. It's good news because it means I can do all my planning and routing and stuff and then just change it as necessary when it's time to record the Director's Cut, but it's bad news because it means yeah the LP is gonna restart as planned, er, whenever it comes out. It's a bummer, but it's in service of a higher quality and more complete LP that doesn't need to do retreads for stuff that got changed, so that makes it worth waiting a while longer.

WaltherFeng posted:

Pretty much the exact opposite imo. Sam picking up the box and placing it exactly where he found it is exactly the kind of Kojima symbolism that is meant to be taken literally.

Yeah to me that entire thing was just a way to express "Should I make another metal gear game? Hmm lemme see. Ehhh nah, don't feel like it yet." Like just replace Sam with Kojima including the part where he Dark Souls Curl Up Gesture's in the box for a bit and it's straight up no longer even a metaphor that's just probably what he actually does when he wonders.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 11, 2021

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I ALSO HAVE TO RECORD ALL OF DEATH STRANDING A THIRD TIME TO DO THIS WHICH IS REALLY COOL. STOP RE RELEASING YOUR drat GAME, KOJIMA, I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED FROM METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SUBSISTANCE SUBSTANCE FOR PETES SAKE

edit: actually dont stop

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

He gets in the box, then goes 'nah' and gently puts it back on the shelf. This isn't Metal Gear, it wants to make sure you know that. It invokes it to remind you that Kojima has moved on.

WaltherFeng posted:

CJacobs posted:

Yeah to me that entire thing was just a way to express "Should I make another metal gear game? Hmm lemme see. Ehhh nah, don't feel like it yet." Like just replace Sam with Kojima including the part where he Dark Souls Curl Up Gesture's in the box for a bit and it's straight up no longer even a metaphor that's just probably what he actually does when he wonders.

Oh yeah, that all makes sense; I can certainly see that. I was actually thinking more along the lines of...

Okay, you know how Death Stranding has crossover items (some of them quite useful) from certain other games, introduced via side-quests? (Trying to be vague since I guess these could be spoilers.) I was more wondering if that trailer was teasing Metal Gear Solid related crossover items in the Director's Cut, like... a cardboard box that you can be stealthy in. It would kind of fit the package delivery focus of the game. Awful lot of boxes in Death Stranding.

Konami being Konami though I can imagine them not exactly being on board with something like that, so maybe just heavy references rather than something more explicit.

Or maybe that teaser is just a random skit, yeah. :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is Death Stranding the new Skyrim?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And hey there's no need to worry.

There are all kinds of games in my wheelhouse that coincidentally have the acronym DS that I could potentially tide us all over with. No beach pun intended.

All kinds of games with that acronym. Just a real strange coincidence. A glorious convergence of interests.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is Death Stranding the new Skyrim?

He gotta mod to replace dieman with Navi from Legend of Zelda or something equivlent to start. Maybe also mod to replace the main character with Link.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

CJacobs posted:

And hey there's no need to worry.

There are all kinds of games in my wheelhouse that coincidentally have the acronym DS that I could potentially tide us all over with. No beach pun intended.

All kinds of games with that acronym. Just a real strange coincidence. A glorious convergence of interests.

Indeed, a double surge of interest for those games with twice one protagonist and once two protagonists.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SugarAddict posted:

He gotta mod to replace dieman with Navi from Legend of Zelda or something equivlent to start. Maybe also mod to replace the main character with Link.
Also have to mod in the Cimmerian Conan in place of Conan.
Spoiled in case we didn't meet that character.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SIGSEGV posted:

Indeed, a double surge of interest for those games with twice one protagonist and once two protagonists.

da surge was right there!!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Can't wait

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

This is gonna be great!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can’t wait for CJakes to LP the entirety of the Nintendo DS catalog.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Looking forward to the Darkstalkers LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin