Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Everyone on ice planet is required to carry a chainsaw. You know, that tool that you always need around ice.

Brawnfire posted:

That's how they make those awesome sculptures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

It's an integral part of their culture. Sikhs have knives, scandinavians have axes, germans have ordnung, and ice planets have chainsaws

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
And apparently, according to the new CMF series, cyborg penguin companions too.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I made another one of these for another Rogue Trader campaign.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Grand Fromage posted:

Everyone on ice planet is required to carry a chainsaw. You know, that tool that you always need around ice.

It's bright orange so it's obviously a thermal chainsaw!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Elukka posted:

Yeah I originally made it to imitate those. Some of the people still maintaining BFG are using some of these renders for ships in their rulebooks that were missing art. :shobon:

Any chance you'd be willing to do one of an Endeavour class light cruiser?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i want to see the lego ships + that shader

Pendevil
Jun 18, 2007

Polaron posted:

It's bright orange so it's obviously a thermal chainsaw!

In the before-times they doubled as lightsabers too.

At least at my toy box.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Spindrift from Land of the Giants

It's a sub-orbital passenger ship going from Los Angeles to London in 1983 when it hit some kind of spatial anomaly and ends up on the giants' planet. There aren't many good images of it in the show, so this is a model.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's a sub-orbital passenger ship going from Los Angeles to London in 1983 when it hit some kind of spatial anomaly and ends up on the giants' planet. There aren't many good images of it in the show, so this is a model.

pleasingly bulbous

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Never even knew it had a name. Was an amazingly weird shape for a spaceship back then, too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like the air intake grille.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Was this the same studio that did Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? Or was the Flying Sub just convergent evolution?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I think they just went with the logic of "if it can handle lots of atmospheres, then why can't it handle none."

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

both series were by Irwin Allen Productions yeah

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

tribbledirigible posted:

I think they just went with the logic of "if it can handle lots of atmospheres, then why can't it handle none."

"How many atmospheres can this ship withstand?"

"Well it's a spaceship, so I'd say anywhere between zero and one."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I love the original Futurama jokes so much.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm so sick of that quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's a perfectly cromulent quote