Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
According to google image search it's the face people make for their youtube video thumbnails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm looking forward to Troy Baker's playthrough on his youtube channel so he can talk about how amazing and powerful the scene is where he gets beat to death with a golf club, also how amazing and powerful every other cutscene in the game is.

Less misery simulators and more strand games.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Pylons posted:

The difference there I'd say is that there was a very clear reason that The Boss had to die and why Snake had to do it, and from the sounds of the leaks Abby kills Ellie out of revenge and the message of the game is "cycles of violence are bad"

Obviously we don't have the full context of the new game, but if that is the message then what was Joel's alternative in the first game? Given that an armed militia was about to cut open his surrogate daughter's brain, and they weren't going to stop if he asked nicely. Seems like violence is justified from his position there.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
At least they let Tommy go. That's nice of them, he wasn't involved.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Joey McChrist posted:

honestly druckmann and a lot of the higher-ups at Naughty Dog need to go, given the studio's gross crunch culture and the way they seem to handle workplace harassment claims.

but no, no one will likely be fired besides the leaker.

If they fire the leaker as revenge for leaking the plot, who did so in revenge for being overworked and not geting paid, does that not just perpetuate the cycle of revenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I feel like the better way to do it would be to have you play as Abby without know who she is at first, allowing you to empathise with her first before you realise she wants to kill Joel. Having her do that first seems like it would put the player off liking her, but we'll have to see how they handle it i guess.