Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

man nurse posted:

Wow you mean to tell me the zombie game about bad people doing bad things has romantic elements and shocking death scenes? Well I never.

Tropes are bad, especially in an industry where female lead protagonists are still incredibly rare. My gripes with the misanthropic setting aside, you can tell these stories without relying on lovely hack tropes to get some cheap drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The silver lining of the story being leaked and being pretty awful are all the "THEY SJW'd IT!" takes floating around. Those should put a smile on your face.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 27, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh and I guess Abby is trans. Hella cool, Neil. Wanna know a common ultra right-wing conservative talking point about transgender folk? That they're mentally ill. Can't say they can't be villains but, uh, might want to not make the only transgender woman in the game the villain who is has murder lust for the last game's protagonists. Just saying. The optics are really poo poo here.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think that's why the THOSE SJWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS REEEEEEEEEE crowd are out in force. On top of Ellie being a gay/queer woman.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I bet the characters aren't dressed as fetish maids in TLOU2 for one

Both games indulge in a fetish. It's just one happens to be silly and harmless.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I got an idea for TLOU 3. It's a little out there but these games are all about breaking new ground storytelling wise. Okay here we go--

Picture. A fungi zombie apocalypse. But what if...WHAT IF...

Man

Practiced mutual aid and with their neighbors helped each other and built something new, something better from the rubble of the old world and it focused on the growing pains of adjusting to a new society, building class consciousness and reaching out to scared people who drift from one bad mistake to another. Also defending what you have from fascists who believe might makes right (but realistically groups like that would eat each other before becoming any coalesced threatening force).

But this will require the primary means of interacting the world be something other than violence.

I went the other direction that many post-apocalyptic games aren't very interested in treading.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Maybe Rockstar should include that horrible scene from the horrible film Bone Tomahawk in their promotional material for RDR3.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Terminal autist posted:

I mean other than the director being a nazi and making terrible nazi movies afterwards that movie had a pretty positive reception even around here. I'd say Kurt Russell performance still makes the movie worth watching

Eh. I'll agree that the performances were extremely good but it's still a really racist film.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CJ posted:

I'm looking forward to Troy Baker's playthrough on his youtube channel so he can talk about how amazing and powerful the scene is where he gets beat to death with a golf club, also how amazing and powerful every other cutscene in the game is.

Less misery simulators and more strand games.

drat, is that what their playthrough is like? Uncharted 1 and 2's was really fun and Nolan North was talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff between doing Sully impressions.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Nah, pessimism sucks poo poo and all it's come from for a while is tiring to listen to defeatists and we've had enough of it for a while, punch etc. the nazis.

Also this is stupid sounding as all hell.

Pessimistic and nihilistic games are mature, though. Optimism and kindness are kiddy cartoon poo poo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/duane_moody/status/1255614875889315840

Dunno if that's what happened but if it's true then good on them.