Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Honestly I’d be fine with this but they make you play as the person who killed Joel. I get the whole “roosters coming back to roost” thing for the story but that part though, I don’t know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Now isn’t Abby voiced by Laura Bailey who also voices Chun Li who also has thighs of steel.

Coincidence? I think not.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I tried to google for picture of Manny and didn’t get a good one but If manny does look like Neil then :lol: because he spits on Joel’s corpse

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

You know what, I’m a little kiddy to play this Friday. I got hyped, they got me.

I’m ready for the Druckmann hurt.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Watched a stream of the first four hours as well (PatStaresAt) and I wanted my “misery game” and it was just boredom.

Game journalists make a stink about violence and dog killing and there was barely any so far.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

https://t.co/smst2twjMz?amp=1

This brought me joy. Thanks Druckmann:cool:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

But doesn’t Lev stop Abby from killing Dina with the power of saying Abby’s name. So there’s that.

I didn’t even know they were trans until the spoilers today...maybe they should’ve just put them as a main character and left the OG crew alone.

Like I would’ve like playing as Lev trying to get to Tommy’s settlement and then meets up with Joel or Ellie who helps them...aww man I want that game. Surviving from oppressive fanatics would’ve been cool on its own.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/05/uncharted-writerdirector-amy-hennig-reportedly-forced-out-at-naughty-dog/amp/

This says both Bruce and Neil supposedly forced her out but who knows what really went down.

Then Bruce left because UC4 was a gigantic crunch fest later too.

Edit: also when Amy was working on the Star Wars EA game, reports were saying that it keep getting features added and it became a mess that didn’t have an identity or feature creep. Something like that.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

This is the post that led me to discover that Ellie wasn’t voiced by Ellen Page. I…have not been paying close attention to these games and I always though Ellie was Ellen.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V2-Om8Mo5_k/T9GiqHzYFjI/AAAAAAAAAW4/ssoCNRvmm8A/s1600/Ellie.jpg

I don’t know how they thought it was going to fly before it was changed

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

ellie barely knew what movie theaters were in the first game and she wasn't exactly living in a cave, so that seems like a clunker of a line

she sings take on me by Aha in TLOUS 2. Not a joke

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I feel bad for Laura and all the junk she’s probably read.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

So the final spoken words of the game are “yep”

:lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Now that I’m thinking on it, why wouldn’t Joel be using a different name.

Like just tell Tommy, “brother, I’m going to need to be called John from now on because I killed a lot of people and they thought Ellie’s brain would have the cure for the fungus and who knows if someone might be looking for me”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Zongerian posted:

He's older because the game takes place years after the first game

But it’s like four years though and there’s not even a hint that maybe he settled down with someone or anything else of his life at the settlement.

It’s sad that the town wasn’t in an uproar when Joel was murdered. I wonder if Joel was disliked and only had his brother and Ellie as emotional support. :smith:

I wonder if they’ll make dlc showing the settlement life