Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

am0kgonzo posted:

there are at least 2 more scenes that are like that
Finally, games will be taken seriously as art :pseudo:

I looked up the spoilers on reddit, which you probably shouldn't do because holy gently caress were those comments a complete and utter cesspool. While the videos are obviously real, there also seemed to be quite a bit of broken telephone going on and it's hard to figure out how much of the information out there is actually true.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I'm sure TLOU2 will still review pretty well but it does appear to make some decisions that even undiscerning game journalists hate with the downer ending and forced protagonist switch.
I fully expect TLOU2 to win several awards for Best Writing as reviewers fall over each other to praise the deep, thought-provoking storyline and Naughty Dog's brave decision to go ahead with a story they knew would be controversial among their fans.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

it's ya boi red pill duke
man, Duke Nukem's career really went downhill from Forever onward

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm no expert but it looks like regular Taylor 314ce guitars are about two grand.
Yeah, that's what it says in the article as well. I was honestly expecting this thing to be some $200 piece of junk with an obscene markup, because you just know someone out there would buy it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this game's ending falls flat on its face gta iv feels like a way better execution of this idea if you end up killing darko.

niko spent an entire decade hunting this dude and killed hundreds to get to him. you kill him and niko says to himself that he feels empty at the end of it. he's become a broken man. in essence, he's no different from darko who sold out his mates for money as niko ends up betraying everyone he worked with in LC for money and becomes the very thing he's been hunting this whole time. that to me is way more poignant than ellie sparing abby and lev at the end.
Niko doesn't really betray anyone for money if you choose the deal option at the end (which is a separate choice from the Darko thing). The deal is supposed to be this one last thing he does before going straight, and while I don't remember off the top of my head if he explicitly says he's doing it to help out Roman (who is about to get married and has a kid on the way), that definitely was a factor in my choice and gives him a solid reason to choose the deal instead of chasing after pointless revenge yet again. The only one who complains is Kate, who thinks Niko is abandoning his principles by choosing to work with Dimitri instead of killing him.

Regardless of how you dealt with Darko, going for revenge at this point doesn't seem to make much sense at this point. If you killed Darko, Niko knows revenge isn't going to make him feel any better, and if you spared Darko... well, if you spared the traitor you've been hunting for a decade, why would you bother killing this other dude for betraying you?

Of course, the deal is a trap, Dimitri ends up betraying Niko again and Roman ends up dead, so you end up taking revenge on him anyway. I feel that works better and makes for a more dramatic climax than just going for revenge in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

Isn't Darko also a drug addict who's suffering from heroine addiction and PTSD over betraying his whole squad? I even looked it up on youtube, and he thanks you if you kill him, so letting him live isn't necessarily a revenge thing, it might just be that death would be a mercy thing and to let him just linger in suffering till he finally kills himself.
Yeah, Darko's a complete mess by the time you meet him. Whether you spare him out of compassion or because you think death is too good for him is up to you, I guess. Either way works.

I suppose Niko could also consider killing Dimitri to make sure he and Roman are left alone because Dimitri is a dick who might decide to screw with them one day, but Niko would also know that the mafia boss who hires him to do the deal would be less than pleased if Niko hosed things up (which is what happens in the other ending route, as Kate gets killed instead of Roman).