Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Oh and I guess Abby is trans. Hella cool, Neil. Wanna know a common ultra right-wing conservative talking point about transgender folk? That they're mentally ill. Can't say they can't be villains but, uh, might want to not make the only transgender woman in the game the villain who is has murder lust for the last game's protagonists. Just saying. The optics are really poo poo here.

It is pretty pro that Naughty Dog did this big dance about being pro-LGBT+ but also , apart from Ellie's new girlfriend probably dying somewhere in the story, the villain is basically the conservative stereotype of what people think about trans women in that she is a hulking brute (like god drat just look at her) filled with anger, and is easily able to kill a cis man who is both extremely fit and also a combat veteran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

fadam posted:

I thought that was just a joke, she’s not actually trans?

I have no idea what is real or fiction anymore in these times. Motherfuckers are drinking bleach because the US president said to these days, my brain is a loving sieve as a result of how poo poo has broken down.

If anyone has any real confirmation on it, that'd be great.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pylons posted:

The difference there I'd say is that there was a very clear reason that The Boss had to die and why Snake had to do it, and from the sounds of the leaks Abby kills Ellie out of revenge and the message of the game is "cycles of violence are bad"

This is so simplistically handled from the looks of things, and is gonna look like poo poo compared to the most recent God of War game, which also covers similar themes but doesn't wallow in how miserable humanity is since its view is that even the worst people can become better if they try.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is the model they used for the new character.

But like, Neil when someone says they want their head crushed between a toned pair of thighs they don't mean it literally. Like they don't actually mean they want their melon exploded and hopes someone videotaped the whole thing and put it up somewhere on the net Neil.

lol jumped to conclusions based off secondhand bullshit, I'm dumb as hell

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm trying to think of how other famous games, shows, and so on would go if they pulled a TLOU 2 and had you follow a random person you don't know after they kill someone the audience is already sympathetic towards. Like, imagine if in Breaking Bad, the show followed around that one dude that was an informant for the DEA for an episode, got your sympathies for this man trying to break out of drug peddling and who probably regrets getting his cousin arrested, while Walt and Jesse are just side characters for a bit. Then they gas him, Walt takes him to a basement, and then murders the guy and dissolves him in acid, and THEN the show starts following Walt around. It'd be the most baffling two episodes of TV anyone has ever seen.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Dewgy posted:

I'll be honest you just described something that sounds incredibly rad.

:v: well maybe the Breaking Bad people could pull it off better than the dude that replaced Amy Hennig

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The Fireflies deserved to die but only because they were stupid enough to let someone tell Joel that Ellie was going to die as a result of the surgery instead of just lying about it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Read the TLOU 2 subreddit and lmao, people are furious over this poo poo for the dumbest reasons. Like drat, I popped into a thread where some dude is posting transphobic poo poo, looked at his post history, and dude has spent 9+ hours ranting about trans women because Joel died and that made him really sad and he thinks the buff lady is trans.

poo poo’s wild, I think the game sounds dumb but these people are either broken up about it as if it were a death in the family or think it’s a communist plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

At least the memes from this are good.

drat, what if the lady with muscles... was a man? This is the height of comedy, my dude.