Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wow you mean to tell me the zombie game about bad people doing bad things has romantic elements and shocking death scenes? Well I never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m one of the seemingly few that thought Last of Us was well made but nothing special. I’m not particularly happy or sad about the leaks, ambivalent really, and they all seem in line with the tone of this series.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I got an idea for TLOU 3. It's a little out there but these games are all about breaking new ground storytelling wise. Okay here we go--

Picture. A fungi zombie apocalypse. But what if...WHAT IF...

Man

Was the real horror all along

*Drops mic*

If only Robert Ebert were still alive to see how far games have come as an ART form

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So I mean, what did people expect? Last of Us absolutely didn’t need a sequel to its story, but they went and did it anyway. That summary just now at least sounds borderline interesting. I’m not sure what people wanted out of this, Last of Us wasn’t really sunshine and daisies, and this seems as appropriate a continuation as any.

I’m not the biggest fan of the first game, so maybe I’m not getting the “this spits in fan’s faces” aspect of it. But I don’t think I’d be offended playing a game where the spoilered events unfold. I think people just want to hate this thing for existing in the first place, whether because of disagreeing with the crunch time or work environment, or just being offended that a sequel happened and it wasn’t what they had in their head as being an appropriate continuation.

Thats my two cents. That’s about as much effort as I’ve ever put into a post about the last of us.

Like yeah it’s funny it got leaked after being out on hold and then immediately had a release date slapped on it afterwards. Karmic retribution for the lovely crunch time perhaps. But I’d hope more people would at least get enjoyment out of the end product.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

It's the Raiden aspect of this more than anything else.

MGS2 was my favorite one, coincidentally. Maybe that’s why I find this direction potentially interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder if we’re gonna see a repeat of what happened to Bioshock Infinite which received universal acclaim when it was released especially for its “deep thought provoking plot about racism and class struggle and philosophy and poo poo” only for some time to pass and a more critical examination finally led to people realizing the thing was an embarrassing mess.

Goons hating a game that was critically lauded upon release? I dunno, that’s a bit unrealistic.