Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'm hoping the unmarked leak that I saw when it got posted elsewhere is fake, because if the plot/main enemy of the game is a "Christian" group who goes around murdering anyone they deem sinners because they blame them for the outbreak, then gently caress that garbage, doubly so if the part about Ellie's lover getting killed for being gay and they kill Joel too and it turns out Ellie's mom was a member as well is accurate.

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Kinda crackin' up at people being mad that the evil cult are supposedly christians

It's not just because it's low hanging fruit, but it's also because it should have been clear to everyone by now that vilification of groups based on the bad actors in that group is an awful thing. How many Muslims were vilified in social and media settings in the 90s with the rise of terror attacks, and then even more so after 9/11? Way too many. We pushed back. How many of the world's billion+ Muslims harbor terrorist views or membership in terror groups? A vast minority, and most of the terror victims are other Muslims. So when Muslims get vilified as terrorists (instead of the other way around) we rightfully push back. You get it, and it applies to multiple groups. If they want to depict a group who run around committing organized murder, go for the Fallout method and make them their own thing without parallels. Homicidal homo-odium is anathema to the actual doctrines and rules of Christianity so why wouldn't we push back when another group is now in the firing line?

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 27, 2020