Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
If all the spoilers are true. Holy poo poo how much is Sony h.q. just making GBS threads themselves. Lol.

"They did WHAT with our IP?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Uncharted 4 had almost inexplicably lazy writing. They gave them so much build up just to not meaningfully address any of the conflicts between the characters. I mean, they do address it but in really quick and lazy ways.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This is why Death Stranding is good. Some of its writing is just as dumb and hamfisted as Naughty Dog's but it still manages to be really impactful because it's not relentlessly one-note. "Before you I was like any other Cliff" is both dumb as hell and genuinely a great moment, and you didn't have to plod through hours of brutality to get there.

Death Stranding is literally the positive cooperation based post apocalyptic game pined for a few pages back. I love how insanely steep and appropriate the penalty is for killing anyone in that game.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I'm going to spoil ghost of tsushima. The ending is some real Deus ex Machina bullshit.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Booty Pageant posted:

for such a hack fraud game that riffs off every other season of walking dead they coulda gone fear the walking dead route

personally i can't wait for sony to go oh gently caress oh poo poo and pull in kojima to recut this like it's blade runner

Nah. Nomura Remake.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Gologle posted:

I had to look it up, and you're right, she's apparently 20 in RE4. Wow. For the longest time I legit thought for some reason she was 16 or 17 in RE4.

I mean the joke in that scene was also Leon going "Nooooo thanks. I'd rather not be in prison"

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

hemale in pain posted:

are you kidding? almost every male character is body builder buff. i guess because almost every lead actor in a movie is now juicing peoples brains just don't notice it anymore in video games/film.

I kinda feel the industry has been moving away from this for awhile. Like it's an even bigger power fantasy to have a guy with a normal dadbod but a complete badass because guess who has dadbods these days and plays games. Hell, even loving Gears of War has a normal sized lead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
If your face didn't light up like Aerith's at the Honey Bee Inn then I'm sorry friend, but your brain's been taken over by fungi